Concrete Slab

swagmaster

I had a concrete slab poured Monday and currently have an empty Sundance Cameo screaming at me to be filled after electrical inspection on Friday morning. My concrete guy seems to think we are okay, but wanted to get your opinions (sure they will vary). We used a lot of fiber mesh. I sure would love to use this on Saturday. Opinions?

I had a concrete slab poured Monday and currently have an empty Sundance Cameo screaming at me to be filled after electrical inspection on Friday morning. My concrete guy seems to think we are okay, but wanted to get your opinions (sure they will vary). We used a lot of fiber mesh. I sure would love to use this on Saturday. Opinions?

I'd trust the concrete guy. He's who will get the call if there is a crack. Cure time / strength depends on so many factors, mix, thickness, temp, wet vs dry cure, etc. Size of pad matters too.. If it's only the size of the tub and it gets a hairline crack underneath, I'm not sure that you'd know (or care).

I'd trust the concrete guy. He's who will get the call if there is a crack. Cure time / strength depends on so many factors, mix, thickness, temp, wet vs dry cure, etc. Size of pad matters too.. If it's only the size of the tub and it gets a hairline crack underneath, I'm not sure that you'd know (or care).

It's 12 x 12 and I have the 7'5" Cameo in one of the corners to allow more walking space.

It's 12 x 12 and I have the 7'5" Cameo in one of the corners to allow more walking space.

Concrete takes 28 days to cure fully (to industry standards at least, it can really take years or decades to cure, but a reasonable time needs to be put on the cure. Typically the concrete is guaranteed to hold the advertised PSI at 28 days) ....and at that can handle about 3000-4500 pounds per square inch without damage. The curing slows throughout the process, so it gets harder faster at first. Your tub will come no where near that PSI. I had a patio and driveway poured this year with 5000PSI concrete...I parked the Escalade and DTS(both plenty heavy) on it in 5 days...the tub was on it and filled in 4 days....no problems.

As long as it was fairly warm out, and you kept it nice and damp during the cure...I wouldnt worry one bit about it.

As long as it was fairly warm out, and you kept it nice and damp during the cure...I wouldnt worry one bit about it.

Yea, that was going to be my question. What has the weather been like? If it's been above 60 most of the time I would say your fine. But I am also not responsible for a failure...LOLOL

Yea, that was going to be my question. What has the weather been like? If it's been above 60 most of the time I would say your fine. But I am also not responsible for a failure...LOLOL

Here in Ohio been 50s day and as low as mid 30s at night.

In your experience how long will it take to heat a new tub?

Concrete takes 28 days to cure fully (to industry standards at least, it can really take years or decades to cure, but a reasonable time needs to be put on the cure. Typically the concrete is guaranteed to hold the advertised PSI at 28 days) ....and at that can handle about 3000-4500 pounds per square inch without damage. The curing slows throughout the process, so it gets harder faster at first. Your tub will come no where near that PSI. I had a patio and driveway poured this year with 5000PSI concrete...I parked the Escalade and DTS(both plenty heavy) on it in 5 days...the tub was on it and filled in 4 days....no problems.

This got me thinking..... Correct me if Im wrong here!

Doing the math on a 7.5' x 7.5' tub will yeild 8100 sq inches. ((7.5*12)*(7.5*12))

Assuming 500 gallons of water @ 8 lbs each is 4100 lbs plus 1000 lbs for the tub plus 4 occupants @ 250 (1000 pounds for easy and safe figuring) is 6100 lbs divided by 8100 sq inches = .75 lbs per sq inch.

I would say NO PROBLEM! Or did I miss something here????