Does Anyone Have Opinions About Hydropool Or Arctic?

Any help would be appreciated with opinions of these two company's as my wife and I are very new to the hot tube scene. Thanks in advance!

Hydropool 725 self cleaning and Arctic Yukon

I own an Arctic and I've had many problems with it. It's never worked for more than 6 months without having some sort of problem. It was 4-5 months late for delivery due to a " pillow fit " problem that wasn't detected before it left the factory. Upon delivery there were 2 cables installed for the same sensor, one routed correctly the other pinched between the cover of the spa pack. Why 2 cables for the same sensor on delivery day? This sensor has since been serviced. It recently leaked due to a splice in the plumbing. This splice had no glue or mechanical fastener. When I pushed the plumbing together it required very little effort and was obvious to me that it would not stay together without some help. This tub isn't even a year old.

On a more positive note, the manufacturer seems to be taking a more proactive approach to customer service than I've seen in the past.

Any help would be appreciated with opinions of these two company's as my wife and I are very new to the hot tube scene. Thanks in advance!

I haven't received my Arctic Summit yet, but I was also looking at Hydropool during the search. I don't know...something about them just turned me off...they just didn't look as strong/sturdy or something. The sales reps also continually bashed the Arctic system AND they talked us right out of even looking into salt-water spas...so after much looking and assessing and sitting in, we went with the Arctic. It was more pricey than my original intent, but I wanted to get it right for the long haul....

Good luck with your decision!!

Thank you Canucker, and Noarctic, nice to hear about other peoples experiences! Canucker, and Noarctic did you go with the salt water system? Noarctic did you have to pay a service fee even though your tube was under warranty?

Thanks for the input really appreciate it!

No I didn't end up going with the salt water system. I guess I heard from too many other makes' dealers that salt is good for pools, but not so good with hot tubs. Arctic's system sounds like it's ok though. I just didn't feel strongly enough about it to go with it...

I haven't received my Arctic Summit yet, but I was also looking at Hydropool during the search. I don't know...something about them just turned me off...they just didn't look as strong/sturdy or something. The sales reps also continually bashed the Arctic system AND they talked us right out of even looking into salt-water spas...so after much looking and assessing and sitting in, we went with the Arctic. It was more pricey than my original intent, but I wanted to get it right for the long haul....

I find this comment really interesting, and could be good reminder to the great number of spa salesmen that use this board. IMHO, negative selling or "bashing" ends in deals going the other far more often than you might think. I would suggest that we all work harder to find the key selling points of our respective products, and promote these, rather than the easier, but typically less effective negative selling technique. We all come off as more credible, and professional - attributes that last far longer than the initial sales pitch. Best to all...:)

Vern

I have an Arctic Summit - outstanding product. We have Oznen (Arctic salt system) which I like.

You need to be comfortable with your dealer - if you have a problem they can make all the difference. I have seen excellent service from one dealer and erratic behavior and poor service from another. If they don't seem serious about their business - they probably will not be very helpful. This would apply to any brand.

Ask both your suppliers about the cost and timing of a service call to your location.

Thank you Canucker, and Noarctic, nice to hear about other peoples experiences! Canucker, and Noarctic did you go with the salt water system? Noarctic did you have to pay a service fee even though your tube was under warranty?

Thanks for the input really appreciate it!

Andrew,

I did not get the salt water system.

I did pay a service fee even though the tub was still under warranty. In fact I've paid almost $1000.00 in different fees even though the tub is still under warranty. I've also made several trips to the dealership for replacement jets, my time, my car, my gas. The tub has leaked twice, both times I fixed myself. It's never worked for more than 6 months without requiring something. You can add all these charges and inconveniences up, then you will know why, when someone asks for my opinion about Arctic, I give them one. Not wanting to sound completely negative, Arctic Corporate seems to be trying to improve their customer relations lately, just too little too late for me. Good luck with your new spa.

Noarctic,

You said that you made several trips to the dealer for replacement jets and the spa is only a year old. Do your jets pop into the jet body or thread into the jet body?

I have an Arctic Tundra LE. I have had it since April this year(2009). No Onzen just regular Arctic Ozone. Cedar cabinet. I really love it. Absolutely no problems (knock on wood) ;) . I can't really comment on dealing with the company directly due to the fact I haven't had a reason to deal with them. I looked and tested several brands before buying the Arctic. It felt very comfortable to me and the build quality and design is what sold me.

I suggest wet test and see what feels the best. If it's the Arctic that fits you best I have no reservations on recommending them as long as your pleased with the dealer.

Hope this helps a little.

We have an 09 Yukon Ultra and we like it. Feels great and I did have a couple of service calls... there was no charge, and they were prompt and great over the phone... the techs that came out were 'iffy', but overall we like our purchase. The Yukon is a big tub (lots of room) considering it is a 7'.

I also think you need to tell your salesmen you meet to sell you their tub, not to bash another brand.... overall, i htink no matter what you buy you will like. There are many brands and they all have pros aand cons... wet test a few and pick which feels best. No tub out there will b e a perfect-nothing-can-go-wrong tub. Just like our house and car had issues form new, our tub did and now is fixed.

Thanks to everyone for there input, my wife kids and I are going to wet test the tubs this weekend and with your help ask a few more questions that we wouldn't have thought about ;) No matter what the choice we will enjoy the tub and make sure we like the dealer and the service they give. I look forward to asking more questions about hot tubs and getting more helpful advice from the forum!

Cheers Andrew

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I recently visited a Hydropool Spa store and the couple who owned it did not say bad things about any other tub manufacturer but dwelt only on the reason why I should purchase a Hydropool. She also said it would be very easy to use the salt water system. Maybe I just lucked in with a good salesperson. However, I am trying to decide between an Arctic Cub or Fox, Beachcomber or Hydropool . . . . waaaaay too confusing.

I've had the Klondiker for a year and didn't have a problem until this month. My Onzen system went out so I contacted the service department and someone was out here within the week. While he was here, he also found that low speed on pump #1 had failed. He said it was a common problem on the the first generation Italian (I think they are from Italy) pumps because on low speed, there wasn't enough air circulation to cool the motor. Luckily he had a pump (newer model) on his van. So in response to your question, I have been very satisfied with Arctic Spas. I get a lot of support from my dealer and was very impressed with the tech that came to my house.

Hi Andrew,

We install and service lots of spas and all have their good and bad points. My advice would be to look at the aftersales service. Do they keep the parts in stock, how long until they can come out and fix any problems. I find it really easy to gets parts from arctic and long winded from hydropool.

I still don't understand the salt systems fully and find it difficult to explain to customers. The more options the more that can go wrong. Look for things that will break once the warrenty has run out. Covers, cabinet panels, head rests etc, and how easy they are to replace or restore.

Good luck with your choice.