Arctic Spa Taking Long Time To Heat Up.

vsgs

That tub should heat within a few hours... and if your pump was going for a couple of days, than it probably is from the pump. Call Arctic and they will help you over the phone.

No your not going to get 50 degrees in a few hours. 12-20 degrees yes.

Its a 2003, Arctic Spa, with 17 jets, 1 pump.

I had the wiring done by a certified dude, who specializes in Hot Tubs....

I've been messing around with this tub for 5 days, every night, and can't get much accomplished, as nothing I can see is un hooked, burnt, or missing.

I think I will just call the Spa Tech people on Monday, and get out my Visa.

Thanks for everyones help, I will turn it over to those who get paid to do this, instead of me bumbling around, and getting more and more frustrated.

V

I did not read all the thread, so I may be beating a dead horse here..

this issue sounds to me like a heater relay. Some tubs have 2 heater relays, each one supplying 110v to the heater for a total of 220v. If one of those relays are bad you will get only 110v to the heater and a very slow heating cycle. I have run into this many times.

I have looked at all I can access, without taking off the "motherboard" which the relays are attached to.

I can see the relays, or fuses, clipped on there, but without removing the board, I can't get them off.

I think I will just call the repair guy, and go from there.

If it was something simple, and I was able to get at it, and do it myself, I would have, but I am getting in beyond my capabilities, and as soon as I think its one, thing, I get informed it could be another, not to complain. I had numerous replies on here, and really do appreciate them, however if it takes a person on site to identify the problem, which it looks like it will, I guess that is the safest, and best route to take, regardless of cost.

I do not wish to start replacing things, on the assumption that is what is wrong, only to find I still have the problem, or have made things worse.

If it was a Norton motorcycle, or a BMW, maybe I would stand a chance, but it being a Spa, .....

Thank you for all the help, and I will advise what the problem was, after I get the bill for it...

I did a fill yesterday on my Tundra. 7hrs to go from 51 to 100.

Thats a few doubled plus some. Thats about what a 5 KW heater should do. A 6 KW would do better. I've seen them faster than that and slower. gallons is another factor. The OP's is screwed up.

• 2 weeks later...