New Fair Purchase

Northerngirl

Help Please...Just bought new Cal Spas tub at the State Fair. Did not know anything about the company. Got on my computer, and have seen many complaints about quality and service. Since I only have 3 days to cancel my order if I need to, I could use some help. I realize that people tend to write only when having problems, but would like to hear some positives... How do you choose a tub without any experience? Big purchase to mess up. Appreciate any help.

Cancel it...one of the dirty little secrets of the hot tub industry is that "If it's a deal at the fair, it will be equal or better at the showroom". The fair is a great place to see all the brands in one place for comparison, but there are no "special" deals available that can't be had in the showroom. From my experience, you usually end up paying more when you buy at the fair.

Good luck!

Terminator

Cancel it...one of the dirty little secrets of the hot tub industry is that "If it's a deal at the fair, it will be equal or better at the showroom". The fair is a great place to see all the brands in one place for comparison, but there are no "special" deals available that can't be had in the showroom. From my experience, you usually end up paying more when you buy at the fair.

Good luck!

Terminator

Thanks,

I thought I did ok with price. I insisted on price that was $2,000. off their Fair Sale, and had him include EZ Pad. He was trying to use the EZ Pad to seal the deal, really resisted the price cut. I was firm with that. I have a sales background, know how to play it. My concern is the quality of the product and will they stand behind it. Don't have any knowledge of brands and quality. What tubs really are good???

The most important thing to consider is how the spa fits you, wet test it before you decide. I would recommend that you get owner feedback and not make a rush decision, it will often bite you in the end. This is not to say anything about a specific brand or product, just suggesting you look around and see what is available and what fits you best.

Dennis

D1 Spas

Tech Support

Help Please...Just bought new Cal Spas tub at the State Fair. Did not know anything about the company. Got on my computer, and have seen many complaints about quality and service. Since I only have 3 days to cancel my order if I need to, I could use some help. I realize that people tend to write only when having problems, but would like to hear some positives... How do you choose a tub without any experience? Big purchase to mess up. Appreciate any help.

I'll confess that I'm not a Cal fan but one thing that is true of ANY brand you purchase from any Fair is they have to have a local dealership or it’s a bad idea IMO. If they are just coming into town to sell at the fair and then leaving just as quickly you won't be too happy after the sale when no one is around and you need service, advice, parts, etc. (and don't believe any story about how they'll just contract someone locally). Make sure they have a local store and call the number to be sure its still in operation (use the dealer locator on their website to check if you are unsure). If they have no local presence they can save $$ by not having those pesky post sales costs tied into having a store which services the customer after the check clears.

If it is priced like a middle of the road tub it is fine. But you never mentioned 2 grand off of what? 2 grand off 10 grand is to much. 2 grand off 6 is in the ballpark.