Minus 10 To Minus 30

u-got

Hi i'm a Canadian from Québec city. Here in winter(4 month) the average temp. was minus 10 to minus 30. here the brand that we have (jacuzzi , sundance , saratoga , sunrise , artesian , beachcomber , bullfrog , dynastie , hydropool , vita , coast spa , artic spa , elite , cal spa ) all these brand was sell by good reputation dealer. Have wet tested some of them but also need help from pro. I think in this case i'm better not by a full-foam but the most interesting are. Here the artic spa , bullfrog , beachcomber and dynastie was very pricy. Mostly just 2 in the spa but very often. Sorry for my english , after 6 month of searching , reviewing and everything i'm very confused and my wife too. I just want to know your opinion please.

Hi there,

I'm in Winnipeg, Mb..... I can relate your winter weather! I'm just replacing a 14 year old Sunrise spa with a new Jacuzzi. All the major brands do a fairly good job with insulation. My Sunrise spa is full foam. The new Sunrise are now perimeter insulation and steel frames. There's been countless discussion on this forum about which insulating method is better, do a search and read about it. Bottom line, shop around and find a dealer you're comfortable with, find a tub your comfortable with at a price you can afford. FWIW, I know that jet replacement on a full foam tub is not as hard as it seems...a good technicians can do it very quickly.

Surprised you don't have a Hot Spring dealer? I'd suggest them first. Fantastic spas in cold climates. We do very well with them in Montana (US). Of the spas in your list however, Sundance would be my next option. They are a fully foamed spa with good reliability and energy use over all.

thank's for the cue , i have wet tested sunrise because i think it's very reliable spa with the roxul everywear (bottom and side). very bad experience because the skin hitch me for 4 days. Is it possible fresh lithium put in the water irritate whit the jet's. So after that it's impossible to convince my wife (the concil lol). The hot spring dealer is at 250 km from my house i know this is one of the best tub. A bullfrog 462 cost now 10500$ , very love this tub good massage but to pricy for this little beast a artic spa this size it's about 13000$ and they kick you out if you need to finance. I very like saratoga but is it good in winther and they only have a sheet of abs under the wood. The wood are cedar but expose to air. Ok after everything i have read on most forum and review and have some advise from friend , i have to wet test a sundance. If any pro know's about saratoga please tell me your impression.

thank's for the cue , i have wet tested sunrise because i think it's very reliable spa with the roxul everywear (bottom and side). very bad experience because the skin hitch me for 4 days. Is it possible fresh lithium put in the water irritate whit the jet's. So after that it's impossible to convince my wife (the concil lol). The hot spring dealer is at 250 km from my house i know this is one of the best tub. A bullfrog 462 cost now 10500$ , very love this tub good massage but to pricy for this little beast a artic spa this size it's about 13000$ and they kick you out if you need to finance. I very like saratoga but is it good in winther and they only have a sheet of abs under the wood. The wood are cedar but expose to air. Ok after everything i have read on most forum and review and have some advise from friend , i have to wet test a sundance. If any pro know's about saratoga please tell me your impression. <_<

Hi there,

I'm in Winnipeg, Mb..... I can relate your winter weather! I'm just replacing a 14 year old Sunrise spa with a new Jacuzzi. All the major brands do a fairly good job with insulation. My Sunrise spa is full foam. The new Sunrise are now perimeter insulation and steel frames. There's been countless discussion on this forum about which insulating method is better, do a search and read about it. Bottom line, shop around and find a dealer you're comfortable with, find a tub your comfortable with at a price you can afford. FWIW, I know that jet replacement on a full foam tub is not as hard as it seems...a good technicians can do it very quickly.

Hi i'm a Canadian from Québec city. Here in winter(4 month) the average temp. was minus 10 to minus 30. here the brand that we have (jacuzzi , sundance , saratoga , sunrise , artesian , beachcomber , bullfrog , dynastie , hydropool , vita , coast spa , artic spa , elite , cal spa ) all these brand was sell by good reputation dealer. Have wet tested some of them but also need help from pro. I think in this case i'm better not by a full-foam but the most interesting are. Here the artic spa , bullfrog , beachcomber and dynastie was very pricy. Mostly just 2 in the spa but very often. Sorry for my english , after 6 month of searching , reviewing and everything i'm very confused and my wife too. I just want to know your opinion please.

Here in Northern Minnesota those warmer winter temps will have just about any brand your looking at do just fine. Pick the one most comfortable on your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about 3-4 hours south of you in New Hampshire. I have to say that hot tubs are made for the winter as far as enjoyment. It is so neat to get out to walk into the house and you get ice crystals on your back and you don't even notice. My record for in the tub is -15F (-27C). The coldest it got was -34F (-36C). I have an Arctic Tundra. There is a bunch of comparable brands and it's a matter of what is right for you. I do appreciate the thick Castcore cover to insulate the topside.

I hope to get up to Trois-Rivieres one day and see what the dealer has.

And...Go Bruins!!!

Greetings from Northern Ontario!

The Bullfrog is pricey, but for good reason. There is no wood in the construction, the frame is a resin composite. The bottom pan is all 1 piece molded resin, helps to eliminate entry points for critters nesting in the insulation for the winter. Very well insulated and very energy efficient., and has a great warranty. Well worth the extra few $$.

PS-Bruins! PFFFT! Maple Leafs to take the cup this year!! lol

I've had a Sundance Optima on my roof-top patio in downtown Montreal for the past two years and I would recommend this unit for build quality, reliability, low noise, and hassle free operation during the cold winter months. I purchased through one of the Club Piscine franchises in Laval and was very pleased with their sales service (easy price negotiations and hassle free delivery, which was important for my installation). I'm sure you can get similar service from them in Quebec City, and this is an important factor in any spa purchase...