Personal Note - Chas

Chas

That we should all go so peacefully and with such acceptance Chas.

My thoughts are with you and your family, and I just wanted to tell you, I love this:

Married to my best friend - for over 26 years now. Two kids, one of whom is in the process of launching on their own. In fact, he HAS launched, and is not at all a kid any more. He's now a friend and a man on his own. Pride and pain still make this an interesting time.

My deepest sympothy to you and yours chuck. You father IS in a BETTER place now than this world.

Sorry for your loss Chas. I lost my Mother last year and wish I could have been beside her as she passed. It must have been extremey difficult yet being there was exactly what he wanted from you.

Our thoughts are with you.

Steve & Family

You and I must be about the same age Chas as I have also been married for 26 years (and to the same woman - imagine that!) with 3 childeren, 2 in college and one also ready to take off on his own. I lost both my parents in the last 5 years - both prematurely to breast and lung cancer - and so I know the grief you are going thru at this time. But with God's help (and it looks like you go to a great active church in CA), He will heal your mental and emotional wounds.

Think about your dad's death this way, he's the lucky one for right now he could be talking to folks like Moses, Abraham, Joseph, or Jesus himself. How does that rate with us talking to each other about hot tubs?

Glad to have you back and I welcome your intelligent thoughts in the future.

Thanks to one and all. And to those who have emailed, sent flowers and so forth. My niece came down from San Jose for a couple of days, and she is the only relative we have who actually leaves the house cleaner when she leaves than it was when she arrives. She was closer to my Dad than just about anyone - so her grief is very real - but she has been a great help as well. She went back to San Jose on Sunday, so the past few days have been extra sad - but life goes on.

My Mom is senile, so she doesn't really know where Dad is right now. She knows something has changed, and she acts sad from time to time, but overall she is doing well. For her sake we need to keep on a schedule and not change things in their part of the house - so I walk through my Dad's things every day as I get Mom up and see to her meals and such. I think that actually may be a help, in a way.

Anyway - to those who have expressed support, prayers and thoughts, thank-you.

I appreciate being part of a community here and on other boards as well.

Chas and Family.

8-)

• 2 weeks later...