2003 D1 Sarena

Need some help with this one! I have been trying to decide between Arctic Tundra, Marquis Epic, Sundance Optima and now D1 Sarena! I just found a Serena that is a floor model dating back to 2003! The dealer told me that all warranties are still new on the tub and the cost would be $10800! This still sounds high for a tub that is 6 years old and a first run production model! Any suggestions and or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Need some help with this one! I have been trying to decide between Arctic Tundra, Marquis Epic, Sundance Optima and now D1 Sarena! I just found a Serena that is a floor model dating back to 2003! The dealer told me that all warranties are still new on the tub and the cost would be $10800! This still sounds high for a tub that is 6 years old and a first run production model! Any suggestions and or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

While a very nice tub.....IMO still high. 5-7 grand. Any water ever been in it?

Water has been in the tub twice! So that would mean that the pumps have been dried out twice as well!

sounds kind of high. I looked at an 08 amore bay for 11K. even though the warranty on the sarena will be honored it is probably more likely to be tested. If it is 6 years old it must've had water in it already.

I'm finding that a lot of dealers are desperate to make a sale with the economy in the state that it's in.

I 'm still not ready to purchase. I'm finding that there are numerous other dealers in my area. Shop around before you buy is my recommendation. I'm a firm believer in not falling prey to a knee jerk purchase I might regret. For a grand or two more you could purchase a brand new top of the line spa. also wet test. mine on the amore changed my mind.

sounds kind of high. I looked at an 08 amore bay for 11K. even though the warranty on the sarena will be honored it is probably more likely to be tested. If it is 6 years old it must've had water in it already.

I'm finding that a lot of dealers are desperate to make a sale with the economy in the state that it's in.

I 'm still not ready to purchase. I'm finding that there are numerous other dealers in my area. Shop around before you buy is my recommendation. I'm a firm believer in not falling prey to a knee jerk purchase I might regret. For a grand or two more you could purchase a brand new top of the line spa. also wet test. mine on the amore changed my mind.

Have any opinions on the marquis line? That has been a close second all along!

If I had to choose between Marquis or D1 I would choose D1 but this is simply my opinion. I have worked on both. The D1 Nautilis is my all time favorite tub. If it can be had in your area for 8 grand take a look. May not feel good to you at all but it sure fits me well.

If I had to choose between Marquis or D1 I would choose D1 but this is simply my opinion. I have worked on both. The D1 Nautilis is my all time favorite tub. If it can be had in your area for 8 grand take a look. May not feel good to you at all but it sure fits me well.

Why are the two so different to work on?

Both spas are a quality spa. I think you would find the Marquis to be more reliable. I have heard a lot of complaints from people who have bought newer D1 spas with things breaking on them. If you're going to pay $10,500 for a 2003 D1 spa, I think it's a no brainer to go with the Epic. Have you wet tested the Epic? It's an awesome spa.

Wow, a 2003 floor model? I'd be interested whether someone at D1 would confirm that the clock on the warranty has not started. Being that's its early 2009, it's not uncommon to still see some 2007 floor models and even an occasional 2006 but 2003? OK, I'll buy whatever story they may have for why a spa is 5+ yrs old and still a floor model but I'm not buying at $10k, or $9k ... The other 3 models are all very well thought of so assuming all dealers seem like they'll be there for you after the sale I'd wet test each of the 3 and go with whichever feels best for you.

Wow, a 2003 floor model? I'd be interested whether someone at D1 would confirm that the clock on the warranty has not started. Being that's its early 2009, it's not uncommon to still see some 2007 floor models and even an occasional 2006 but 2003? OK, I'll buy whatever story they may have for why a spa is 5+ yrs old and still a floor model but I'm not buying at $10k, or $9k ... The other 3 models are all very well thought of so assuming all dealers seem like they'll be there for you after the sale I'd wet test each of the 3 and go with whichever feels best for you.

I am going to wet test the marquis epic next week as well as the Arctic Tundra! I have narrowed my search down to these two tubs and possibly the new caldera spa that is coming out! I need a fair amount of room due to company always being over my place!

I am going to wet test the marquis epic next week as well as the Arctic Tundra! I have narrowed my search down to these two tubs and possibly the new caldera spa that is coming out! I need a fair amount of room due to company always being over my place!

If at all possible, make a day of it and try to wet test each of them on the same morning/afternoon. It'll make it much easier to compare that way. Chances are by the end of the day you'll have your answer or at least made some discoveries that will help you decide.

If at all possible, make a day of it and try to wet test each of them on the same morning/afternoon. It'll make it much easier to compare that way. Chances are by the end of the day you'll have your answer or at least made some discoveries that will help you decide.

The warranty starts on the installation date..!

The warranty starts on the installation date..!

I know some manufacturers will start the clock after a couple years if the spa is still sitting on the dealer floor so its always wise to check. That's good to know that D1 holds the clock regardless of age as long as its never been sold though it still makes me wonder why a 5+ yr old spa is still sitting there. I imagine the dealer was simply happy to keep using it as a showroom spa and wasn't in a hurry to sell it (and if he's going to ask almost $11k for it I guess he's still not in a hurry to sell it).

just looked at their site................at 450 gallons and a seven seater the epic only has two pumps?? I've wet tested a few spas (not the marquis so I shouldn't judge) and wasn't thrilled with some of the pump arrangements. the larger tubs with fewer pumps use diverters to regulate the amount of water being moved around the spa. Therefore you sacrafice the jet outputs if you have a few guests in the tub with you. It sounds like you would if you were looking at the sarena.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking to purchase but still undecided. Lately I've been looking at Artesians. I've got a quote for an 09 Piper Glen for 12.5K.

just looked at their site................at 450 gallons and a seven seater the epic only has two pumps?? I've wet tested a few spas (not the marquis so I shouldn't judge) and wasn't thrilled with some of the pump arrangements. the larger tubs with fewer pumps use diverters to regulate the amount of water being moved around the spa. Therefore you sacrafice the jet outputs if you have a few guests in the tub with you. It sounds like you would if you were looking at the sarena.

I'm in the same boat as you, looking to purchase but still undecided. Lately I've been looking at Artesians. I've got a quote for an 09 Piper Glen for 12.5K.

The 2003 Sarena Bay actually has 3 jet pumps, 1 dual speed and 2 single speed pumps.

Just purchased the LE Legend Extreme. The changes for 2009 were new deluxe light package, lights in every jet, changes to the headrest, filter assembly, pump impeller, and various electrical issues they had had. I paid below 10k with air jets, cover lifter, 3 sets of stairs, delivery and spa school

Just purchased the LE Legend Extreme. The changes for 2009 were new deluxe light package, lights in every jet, changes to the headrest, filter assembly, pump impeller, and various electrical issues they had had. I paid below 10k with air jets, cover lifter, 3 sets of stairs, delivery and spa school

That is great! My dealer was quoting me $10,500 for the Extreme with just the cover for an 08! I am going to try out the Tundra next week when it comes in! Have you noticed a significant improvement the performance changes over last years model? The new lights sound pretty cool...hopefully not too costly to replace!