Pacific Spas Bancrupt And 4 Other American As Well

ellie58

No I am not confused at all. The website tells the existing dealers to stay tuned in for details. Obviously the buyer would like to keep the existing dealers. I wonder who would be interested though ... I don't think my dealer is from the sounds of it.

I just hope it’s not Cal LOL. They already have about 90 models available and adding more would be ridiculous but I guess someone just figured they had nice molds and maybe they can offer it as a new line and maybe keep the dealer network that was in place (or some of it at least).

Most of the Pacific dealers I think have already found new lines....Im sure every company out there has been knocking on there doors.

Also good point about the 30 years....Only the name...not the company...a little misleading to the general public.

No my dealer and the website said they were in business for 30 years. I wouldn't have bought otherwise, that's definitely very misleading.

Your dealer probably didnt know either....seems to be alot of new dealers out there adding tubs to their existing business and not doing enough research..I can assure you the Pacific company that just bit the dust has not been around manufacturing spas for 30 years. The name and a company called Pacific Poolwater Products yes. The noe defunct Pacific couldnt hold a candle to the original company.

The Pacific tubs have always been made by Aber. Aber was a 30 yr company with different ownerships. The Pacific name was always in the background until 2006. 2007 they added all new molds & brought the Pacific name to the forefront dropping the "Titanium" also leaving the made by Aber far in the background. The product was second to none but the marketing & exposure for product was horrible. Unless you were in the industry or knew someone who owned one you never heard of Pacific or Aber & the tubs were one of the most expensive on the market for a dealer to buy. You can have the best product in the world but if you cant move it effectively........

The Pacific tubs have always been made by Aber. Aber was a 30 yr company with different ownerships. The Pacific name was always in the background until 2006. 2007 they added all new molds & brought the Pacific name to the forefront dropping the "Titanium" also leaving the made by Aber far in the background. The product was second to none but the marketing & exposure for product was horrible. Unless you were in the industry or knew someone who owned one you never heard of Pacific or Aber & the tubs were one of the most expensive on the market for a dealer to buy. You can have the best product in the world but if you cant move it effectively........

Sorry Pathfinder...but Aber has not been in the hot tub business for 30 years.

Hey Andrew,

Just curious, but now that Pacific Spas are done, what line of spas did you bring on to sell in place of them? I assume you were selling more brands than just Pacific before, but just curious if you decided to sell something else now that their done.

No I am not confused at all. The website tells the existing dealers to stay tuned in for details. Obviously the buyer would like to keep the existing dealers. I wonder who would be interested though ... I don't think my dealer is from the sounds of it.

I just hope it’s not Cal LOL. They already have about 90 models available and adding more would be ridiculous but I guess someone just figured they had nice molds and maybe they can offer it as a new line and maybe keep the dealer network that was in place (or some of it at least).

Most of the Pacific dealers I think have already found new lines....Im sure every company out there has been knocking on there doors.

Also good point about the 30 years....Only the name...not the company...a little misleading to the general public.

No my dealer and the website said they were in business for 30 years. I wouldn't have bought otherwise, that's definitely very misleading.

My dealer dealt with Aber/Pacific for 6 years though so he wasn't new to the business.

In theory I'm still happy with my hot tub but obviously I don't like having paid for a warranty which isn't around anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice, suggestions, help.....anything! I have a Crystal Waters Spa, 4 years old and it seems the heater is probably broken. I called Ridgewood in BC and they tell me I have no warranty and they MIGHT have a part. I live in New Brunswick and can't reach the person who sold it to me either. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!