"hacking" The European Sundance Maxxus

Max01

After 20 minutes the European model of the Sundance Maxxus turns off (this is a factory setting for the European market.) How can I solve this "problem"? Do I have to change the jumper settings or upload a new American firmware?

Thank you in advance!!!

Max

Edit: After 20 minutes the pumps are turned off and you have to push the jet buttons again in order to turn it on.

After 20 minutes the European model of the Sundance Maxxus turns off (this is a factory setting for the European market.) How can I solve this "problem"? Do I have to change the jumper settings or upload a new American firmware?

Thank you in advance!!!

Max

Do you mean the pumps turn correct? This is normal for most hot tubs. They want you to move around since the soaking times somebody thinks should only be 15- 20 min.

As far as I know you can't change the settings it is programmed that way and changing to American won't work either

The isnt a simple known way to do this. I dont really see a reason why it would need to be changed. Its a simple press of a button & its not like you have to get out of the tub to do this. This is a preventative measure in 2 ways; 1) It timed as a reccomendation to step out and cool off for a minute to prevent hyperthermia 2) It shuts off after the timed prescribed to also save your energy bill from taking a beating. Say you left you tub on high when you got out & never got back in for a couple days that tub would be sucking juice constantly still being on high. I know your supposed to be lazy and relaxed in a tub but seriously now.

When did the U.S. hot tubs change to 30 minutes! My Caldera tub goes for an hour when the jets button is pushed. Maybe an older board would give you the extra time. But there must be a hack for the new software.

Dave

When did the U.S. hot tubs change to 30 minutes! My Caldera tub goes for an hour when the jets button is pushed. Maybe an older board would give you the extra time. But there must be a hack for the new software.

Dave

Here in Europe we have 20 minutes only! :( So, if i could upgrade to 60 minutes that would be great!!! :)

What if the jet button is waaay over on the other side of the tub from your favorite seat in the tub? I know I'd be upset about having to sit up after only twenty minutes to restart the jets. Who do they think they are, limiting uninterrupted hydromassage time!? There has got to be a hack for Max to use on his control board.

Max, what year, make and model spa do you have? It may help one of the spa techs around here to tell you what you can do.

Good Luck,

Dave