Haven Spas

jtravel

Does anyone have any experience with Haven Spa's?

I stumbled across them on the net recently and after reading thru a lot of their information

I became very interested.

They seem to serve a nitch market and claim to build quality Spa's based on sound engineering principles.

Serioulsly????? Do some searching on the net. Go to the member profile for Jim the Jim and see why he was banned. His spas are nothing more than a phoenix spa rebranded. The guy sells his spas for over 20k. yet you could buy the same model from phoenix that would probably work better for 5k. He has his own forum that if you diagree with anything he says you automatically get banned. I read his stuff when Im feeling down, after I feel great but my stomach hurts from all the laughing. Check this out it makes for good reading http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin...?num=1170089426

I stumbled across them on the net recently and after reading thru a lot of their information

They seem to serve a nitch market and claim to build quality Spa's based on sound engineering principles.

That name hasn't been mentioned in a long time but after a lot of the banter lately I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that its been thrown out there. I didn't know that he was technically still in business or whether his brother maybe now owns the business (or maybe I should say domain name since he probaly hasn't sold a spa in months) after taking him to court for his shenanigans. I'll let somone else comment further LOL.

That name hasn't been mentioned in a long time but after a lot of the banter lately I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that its been thrown out there. I didn't know that he was technically still in business or whether his brother maybe now owns the business (or maybe I should say domain name since he probaly hasn't sold a spa in months) after taking him to court for his shenanigans. I'll let somone else comment further LOL.

Whether his tubs are any good or not is moot. The guy is a looney toon, the business is a scam, and I can't imagine how many people he has threatened with law suits and belittled for there dissagreement with him. including 99 percent of the posters on 4 different hot tub/spa forums.

I'm new to the board and had no idea about all the past history.

I'm just trying to learn as much as possible befor i decide what type of Spa I want to invest in.

originally I considered just getting a low end Spa to see if the wife and I would actually use one enough to justify a high quality Spa purchase.

A low end Spa however wouldn't likely give us the benefit of true hydrotherpy and just be a waste of time and money doomed to failure. We need the Hydrotherpy benefit but with Arizona summer temps 100 degrees plus I just don't think we are going to want to get in a Hot Spa.

Haven Spas is defunct. It was a Mom and Pop small garage shop that re-branded pheonix tubs. They would retrofit the tubs with a few hundred dollars of material and charge thousands more. The products were not ET/UL listed (despite what he claimed) and the liability of the modifications unsupported.

The owner; James Arjuna is currently being legally pursued for fraud by his family and co-investors.

His "independent sales team" have gone under. There is no service. And his modifications viod factory warrenties of the parts he uses.

To drum up business, Arjuna would frequent message boards and make outragoues inflamatory statements hoping to drive customers to his site. He has been banned from every message board in the industry (save his own site).

He falsely claimed to be an engineer, and his scientific principles behind his designs lacked proper engineering discplinces and showed a very skewed and confused rudementry understanding of thermal dynamics. If you disagreed with him, he accused you of being stupid, crazy, or a lair.

He has since moved into selling re-branded chinese guitars and claims he will still custom make you a spa, but the lead time is several months, the prices are so insanely high it's immoral. To be blunt, the spas are a down right rip off.

You can do some research on the internet, and you'll find some pretty insane stuff. When his brother came forward to sue him and expose him for what he was, a lot of nasty stuff came up. He is also now posting on Utube his ramblings of evoution and has become the laughing stock of that comunity.

There are some very good hot tub companies out there, and if you do your research, take your time, I am sure you will find the right tub for you.

If your want to try out a spa to see if you really will use it, why not buy a used tub, Phx and area probaly has more used spas available than any other area in the country, go in the phone book and call some service guys I would bet just about all of them have some or know where to get one and in most cases would give you a warranty. If you decide you like spas and want to get a new one, a lot of the time spa stores will take your old one in trade.

I'm new to the board and had no idea about all the past history.

I'm just trying to learn as much as possible befor i decide what type of Spa I want to invest in.

originally I considered just getting a low end Spa to see if the wife and I would actually use one enough to justify a high quality Spa purchase.

A low end Spa however wouldn't likely give us the benefit of true hydrotherpy and just be a waste of time and money doomed to failure. We need the Hydrotherpy benefit but with Arizona summer temps 100 degrees plus I just don't think we are going to want to get in a Hot Spa.

IMO you want to get a well made spa, period! If it were me I'd get one of the brands known for quality and if I just didn't have the $ to get what I wanted I'd get a good used one LONG before I'd get a low quality new bargain brand spa like the sell at big box stores, over the internet, through Pennysaver adds, etc.