Please Tell Me Again Why I Should Not Buy This Costco Calspa Tub?

Matt87109

Any updates or feedback on the strong spa that costco is selling? I sent their tech support an email the other day and it just bounced back about a day later. Also no answer when I call them, it just rings and rings.

You got feedback from your e-mail and phone call to them, use it.

Any updates or feedback on the strong spa that costco is selling? I sent their tech support an email the other day and it just bounced back about a day later. Also no answer when I call them, it just rings and rings.

I finally got a response to the first email I sent. It was brief and not very helpful. So we are going to go look at calspas and calderas this weekend. We have a sundance dealer in town but they are a bit out of our range.

I finally got a response to the first email I sent. It was brief and not very helpful. So we are going to go look at calspas and calderas this weekend. We have a sundance dealer in town but they are a bit out of our range.

Ok, I got a very large PDF from strong spas on the Evolution. We ordered the spa on Saturday and I will start a thread and provide some feedback when it arrives. Worst case if it sucks, I'll spend $100 to have a guy in town cart it back to costco for me.

Ok, I got a very large PDF from strong spas on the Evolution. We ordered the spa on Saturday and I will start a thread and provide some feedback when it arrives. Worst case if it sucks, I'll spend $100 to have a guy in town cart it back to costco for me.

Which model did you order?

• 2 months later...

:(

I bought the Costco Calspa. Very much like this model http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.as...〈=en-US

although they slightly change them all the time on the web site. I has been a horrible experience, The spa started leaking about 45 days after it was installed. The "customer service" from OChottubs, the outfit that Calspa apparently uses special for costco is worse than bad. They are completely non-responsive. They will not even get on the phone with you. You have to do everything in email to get any response at all. And when they do respond they are not helpful, and it takes them 2-3 days for every response.

I have a slow leak in the tub that has now been going on for over 10 days and I can't get them to bring anybody out to the house. They asked me to take pictures of the leak so they could identify what parts the technician should bring with them. I took a few pictures, but it was not obvious where the leak was coming from. A few days later they came back to me in email asking me to buy some kind of blue dye to see if I could find the leak that way. Folks, I have no idea what I am doing now, I am not a hottub technician, I actually bought the thing because I thought it would provide some relaxation. Now I am being asked to turn into some kind of pool repair man. No thanks, I have a day job already.

Horrible service, bad spa, really the spa is not all that nice. The jets are some kind of micro jet, they are no strong like I was hoping, when I first got in I though, oh well, I am not that big on jets so I will just live with it, it was cheap enough. Now I am totally regretting the entire purchase.

I plan to start the process tomorrow to return it to costco. I know that is going to cost me more time and money to return it to Costco, but at least I will get a big chunck of my money back. But I will never get back all the money I put into pouring the concrete, paying for the electrician to connect it, paying somebody to move it into my backyard from the curb delivery.

What a horrible experience.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy a cheap hottub from costco. I love Costco, but this is not a type of product you should buy there. Be warned. I wrote this to try to help others. And yes also to vent a little.

Calspas, you are a terrible company, and I am surprised Costco will do business with you at all. You should be ashamed of your terrible service, and you poor product.

I bought the Costco Calspa. Very much like this model http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.as...〈=en-US

although they slightly change them all the time on the web site. I has been a horrible experience, The spa started leaking about 45 days after it was installed. The "customer service" from OChottubs, the outfit that Calspa apparently uses special for costco is worse than bad. They are completely non-responsive. They will not even get on the phone with you. You have to do everything in email to get any response at all. And when they do respond they are not helpful, and it takes them 2-3 days for every response.

I have a slow leak in the tub that has now been going on for over 10 days and I can't get them to bring anybody out to the house. They asked me to take pictures of the leak so they could identify what parts the technician should bring with them. I took a few pictures, but it was not obvious where the leak was coming from. A few days later they came back to me in email asking me to buy some kind of blue dye to see if I could find the leak that way. Folks, I have no idea what I am doing now, I am not a hottub technician, I actually bought the thing because I thought it would provide some relaxation. Now I am being asked to turn into some kind of pool repair man. No thanks, I have a day job already.

Horrible service, bad spa, really the spa is not all that nice. The jets are some kind of micro jet, they are no strong like I was hoping, when I first got in I though, oh well, I am not that big on jets so I will just live with it, it was cheap enough. Now I am totally regretting the entire purchase.

I plan to start the process tomorrow to return it to costco. I know that is going to cost me more time and money to return it to Costco, but at least I will get a big chunck of my money back. But I will never get back all the money I put into pouring the concrete, paying for the electrician to connect it, paying somebody to move it into my backyard from the curb delivery.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy a cheap hottub from costco. I love Costco, but this is not a type of product you should buy there. Be warned. I wrote this to try to help others. And yes also to vent a little.

Calspas, you are a terrible company, and I am surprised Costco will do business with you at all. You should be ashamed of your terrible service, and you poor product.

Your welcome to vent here. If your experience helps one other from having the same type of experience it will do nothing but good for the industry as a whole. Costco has blemished the industry and continues to do so. We here have been trying to preach it all along and yet get chastised as bashing Costco. When in all actuality there are certain buyers who can be satisfied with the Costco hot tub experience but they are few, and the many who get screwed hurt the industry. Buy a quality tub from a local dealer and have the relaxing experience you were looking for. Or buy a budget tub from a quality dealer and still have a better experience.

Try giving this number a call 425-427-7521(Kelly) Costco.com Gerneral Mangager. Usually her assistant answers and both are very heplful. I had similar problems with an Infinity spa last year and finally got some help from them at this number. They dealt directly with the manafacture and got back to me the same day and gave me some a free gift card for my inconvinence.