Ozinator Access Window

djousma

All,

I have a new tub(my second), that has an electronic ozinator. My first tub had the UV light type ozinator, and I could see the light when it was on. I have had to have the ozinator replaced because the one-way valve was defective, and it filled with water. The ozinator is behind the access panel, and cannot be viewed without removing the access panel.

What I am thinking, is that I would like to install a sealed clear plastic access window in the access panel over the top of the ozinator, so that at a glance I can tell that it is operational(it has a clear housing, so you can see it is operating).

It would be really easy to cut the access panel, and install one, but I am having a hard time locating something that would work, without looking nasty. I am thinking some kind of 3x5 clear panel with a black plastic frame that I can glue into a cutout in the access panel would be perfect.

Any idea's where I could locate something like this? Do other hot tub manufactures do such a thing?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

All,

I have a new tub(my second), that has an electronic ozinator. My first tub had the UV light type ozinator, and I could see the light when it was on. I have had to have the ozinator replaced because the one-way valve was defective, and it filled with water. The ozinator is behind the access panel, and cannot be viewed without removing the access panel.

What I am thinking, is that I would like to install a sealed clear plastic access window in the access panel over the top of the ozinator, so that at a glance I can tell that it is operational(it has a clear housing, so you can see it is operating).

It would be really easy to cut the access panel, and install one, but I am having a hard time locating something that would work, without looking nasty. I am thinking some kind of 3x5 clear panel with a black plastic frame that I can glue into a cutout in the access panel would be perfect.

Any idea's where I could locate something like this? Do other hot tub manufactures do such a thing?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi Dave, so that the Pro's on this site can help you. They always ask the same question. What brand and model of spa do you have. How old is it and did you buy it new or is it used. What year is the model.

How about a piece of acrylic, a tube actually. It would be about as big around as a pencil or a big crayon. Drill a hole the same or a little smaller (so it will hold the tube) at a point where the tube could be slipped in and touch the power light lense of the oznator. The acrylic tube will bring the light out to be seen.

I dun know, Just thinkin...

How about a piece of acrylic, a tube actually. It would be about as big around as a pencil or a big crayon. Drill a hole the same or a little smaller (so it will hold the tube) at a point where the tube could be slipped in and touch the power light lense of the oznator. The acrylic tube will bring the light out to be seen.

I dun know, Just thinkin...

You know, that is a D&*n great idea! Much better than I was thinking about, and much easier to find. Like an acrylic pencil, solid.

Btw, for the other poster that asked, the Tub is a 2009 IST IS600 (Innovative Spa Technologies - http://innovativespatechnologies.com/spa_is600.html)

Dave