My Arctic Glacier Likes The Snow And Cold

cpumodem

The latest snow storm in Spokane dumped 24 inches of snow. I had removed 9 inches before I went to bed and then the next morining the picture belowsays it all. This is how much snow that was deposited over night.

The tub lid has been closed all week and the Onzen system is making chlorine and the levels were right when I checked it today

This morning at 7AM both my wife and I enjoyed the hot tub at a bone chilling temperature of -12 below zero.

Life doesn't get any better.

My Arctic tub in the snow

The latest snow storm in Spokane dumped 24 inches of snow. I had removed 9 inches before I went to bed and then the next morining the picture belowsays it all. This is how much snow that was deposited over night.

The tub lid has been closed all week and the Onzen system is making chlorine and the levels were right when I checked it today

This morning at 7AM both my wife and I enjoyed the hot tub at a bone chilling temperature of -12 below zero.

Great tub for the Northern states and Canada. Keep a close eye on your chems. I am seeing more and more salt destruction to equipment. Be sure to get a piece of zinc as a sacrificial metal.

great photo, and the spa sure makes the snow days go by faster. I have to say, after all these years of delivering & repairing spas in the snow. The freezing temps and all the shoveling and blowing, canncellations and power outages, I have really been thinking of a spa under the palm trees, a little Bruddah IZ in the background with an umbrella topped drink in hand..It used to take until feb or March before I started to feel this way, but lately come October I am already in the mood for some Kauai or Cabo..

great photo, and the spa sure makes the snow days go by faster. I have to say, after all these years of delivering & repairing spas in the snow. The freezing temps and all the shoveling and blowing, canncellations and power outages, I have really been thinking of a spa under the palm trees, a little Bruddah IZ in the background with an umbrella topped drink in hand..It used to take until feb or March before I started to feel this way, but lately come October I am already in the mood for some Kauai or Cabo..

I'm with ya, after 40 years in Northern Minnesota I'll take a soak under the stars at the beach anytime!! Another 10-12 inches of the blasted stuff last night and 15 grand at work for snow removal to date. I need out!!

Good morning Doc,

Just wondering if you could expand on what you mean about having some zinc in the tub?

TIA, Drew.

Great tub for the Northern states and Canada. Keep a close eye on your chems. I am seeing more and more salt destruction to equipment. Be sure to get a piece of zinc as a sacrificial metal.

Good morning Doc,

Just wondering if you could expand on what you mean about having some zinc in the tub?

TIA, Drew.

Salt is very corrosive on metal components. Just like how it rusts fenders on a car. Not that there is alot of metal in the works of a tub but the zinc will act as a collection piece, just like on the skeg of a boat motor. Something to do with the electrical charge of it attracting the corrosives.

• 2 weeks later...