Is Circulation Pump Working?

newbiespa

Help. Purchased 1st spa in June. Purrchased Sundance Hamilton and have yet to get water chemistry right. I never hear or see supposed 24 hour circulation pump running. SHouldn't there be bubbles or some type of noise? Went back to store and ended up emptying spa after not even 60 days and refilled. Then I went back a few other times and was told to leave waterfall running to help move water. Not sure if 24 hour pump is ever running. Water chemistry is driving us crazy. 6 days ago told PH to low added PH increaser now PH off charts and need to add decreaser. ANy suggestions - should we see bubbles if pump running? Should waterfall continue to run 24 /7. Purchased sundance since supposedly great spa and avioded costco and big box stores but very frustrated. Any suggestions. Thinking about emptying again and trying to start all over, again. Also already replace filter which isn't cheap either. Any help would be great. Thnaks in advance for your sugggestions.

Help. Purchased 1st spa in June. Purrchased Sundance Hamilton and have yet to get water chemistry right. I never hear or see supposed 24 hour circulation pump running. SHouldn't there be bubbles or some type of noise? Went back to store and ended up emptying spa after not even 60 days and refilled. Then I went back a few other times and was told to leave waterfall running to help move water. Not sure if 24 hour pump is ever running. Water chemistry is driving us crazy. 6 days ago told PH to low added PH increaser now PH off charts and need to add decreaser. ANy suggestions - should we see bubbles if pump running? Should waterfall continue to run 24 /7. Purchased sundance since supposedly great spa and avioded costco and big box stores but very frustrated. Any suggestions. Thinking about emptying again and trying to start all over, again. Also already replace filter which isn't cheap either. Any help would be great. Thnaks in advance for your sugggestions.

What does the water look like cloudy, green?

Do you have a water softener on the house water suply?

The water is cloudy not not crystal clear but we run the enitre hot tub at least 2 hours a day and then the water fall is going 24/7 - now they just sold me something called crystal clear spa to add to the water so it is not as cloudy and they suggested not using as much Baqua spa water line control.

No no water softner.

The water is cloudy not not crystal clear but we run the enitre hot tub at least 2 hours a day and then the water fall is going 24/7 - now they just sold me something called crystal clear spa to add to the water so it is not as cloudy and they suggested not using as much Baqua spa water line control.

No no water softner.

I would think that if your waterfall is working then your 24 hour pump is running. What else would power the waterfall?

You would only see bubbles if you have an ozonator installed and it is working properly. I believe your waterfall runs off your circ pump. There should be a valve that turns it on and off. Turning off should divert return water to inside the water either through a return jet or the drain. Read your manual carefully. It should be in there.

Water chemistry is a learning curve for all. Do some research. The forums are full of users with water problems. It is a small body of water that takes on a lot of bacteria, etc. It takes understanding and care. It won't happen overnight and it is not like a swimming pool (unless you want to add a couple of hundred swimmers to it).

There is always a slim chance that something is in the plumbing lines cause a chemistry problems.

Before you dump the water see if you can find spa purge from natural chemistry. It works great at cleaning pipes. just a thought.

Also the filters can be cleaned with filter cleaner and degreaser.

As far as the circ pump running it is best to remove the panel and touch the circ pump. They are very quiet runnung and should hot to the touch if it runs 24/7.

I personally do leave the waterfalls on since it keep shooting water against the bottom of the cover

The important thing is to not panic and not to micromanage your water. You never mentioned what you use to sanitize with? You also never mentioned what readings you started with and what method of testing you are using?

But you bought the tub to enjoy and as long as you have a reliable sanitation method don't panic if your PH is not perfect. Make slow, small adjustments and walk away for a day or two between adjustments. Your water and it's needs specific to your use patterns will come to you quicker than you think. Find out which jet way down in the footwell is for your circ pump by shutting all other pumps off while you soak and feel for flow. It is most likely one of the ones on the control panel side down in the footwell. A small bullet type jet.

Give us a bit more information as mentioned above and we will help you.

I checked out a Hamilton manual. Your waterfall shutoff is just to your right if you sit in your main therapy seat. Your ozone and heated water return that works through the circ pump is the gravity drain. If it were mine, I would not keep the waterfall running. I prefer to keep the return under water and use the waterfall only when in the spa.

I have a new Sundance Majesta and I can definitely hear the circ pump running - in fact, I thought it sounded a little loud at first. I do see a few little bubbles in the water every now and then, but it's probably from the ozonator. But yes, you should be able to hear your circ pump and if the waterfall is working, then the circ pump is running (and if you can't hear it, you're very lucky to have gotten a completely silent one!)

the hamilton has a low flow circ pump and is really quiet compared to the new majesta. you should see bubbles from the ozone jet/drain when the circ is running. turning the waterfall off does help increase the amount of ozone pulled into the water. also, if you turn the temp down on the spa it will shut off the circ pump and ozone untill the spa reaches the set temp.