Everyone Take A Deep Breath And Relax......

East TX Spa

It's time to let everyone in on the not so secret workings of internet spa forums....it's all about trying to sell spas and being entertaining in the process.

I get it. Jim gets it. Chas gets it. Roger gets it. Steve gets it. Trigger gets it. Dr. Spa gets it. Spaman gets it. Brulan gets it. Autoplay gets it. Guzz gets it. Grahamtasia gets it. Hottubdan gets it. Spahappy gets it. Amanda gets it. And a few others I may have overlooked. Many of the above mentioned folks are in the spa industry, a few of them are seasoned spa owners with an interest in spa-related banter. That's why we're here.

Others of you come here for the exact purpose this forum was created: to try and find pertinent information to help you make an informed decision. Most of the industry people are on here to try and help you while maintaining a strong bias towards the products or companies they represent. Most spa professionals present this information in a straightforward, simple, matter-of-fact manner.

Then.........there are the more "flamboyant" salespeople on here. They are the one's that act in an outlandish manner to try and interject some entertainment value into these discussions. I'm one of "those" types. Jim is one of the oldest and most successful salesmen in this category. Steve plays off of Jim and vice versa and some hilarious moments have occurred over the years because of their "implied" hostility towards one another. The same can be said of Autoplay and Trigger, who revel in their roles as burrs under Jim's saddle.

And then there is Chas. Chas is clever enough to provide outstanding relevent information to shoppers on one hand while playing the long suffering target of Jim's rantings with the other. It takes a deft touch to portray this role as effectively as he has for all these years. Dr. Spa is the same way. It is little wonder why they (along with the legendary Vermonter, who is in a whole class above everyone else) are the 2 most influential and respected members of the online spa community.

Bottom line is this: we are here to try and help ya'll and hopefully provide some entertainment in the process. We all have our various schticks (I post silly pictures, Jim rants and raves about impertinent subjects and makes tongue-in-cheek threats, Steve and Spaman bait Jim into acting even more outrageous, thus inviting more discussion and ensuing hilarity, etc., etc.)

WHAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE AT ALL IS THIS: Quit making vulgar and obscenity laced remarks towards Jim's wife, or anybody else's family. That is way over the line and just downright sick and we don't need that here. This is a fun place full of fun people. Yeah, some of us bluster and blow about "ruining" each other's lives, but we all know it is just part of the act and is done in good humor.

I hope this helps some of you to understand what is really going on here. I hope you are learning about spas. I surely hope you get a chuckle out of us every now and then. :D

Your friend,

Terminator

It's time to let everyone in on the not so secret workings of internet spa forums....it's all about trying to sell spas and being entertaining in the process.

I get it. Jim gets it. Chas gets it. Roger gets it. Steve gets it. Trigger gets it. Dr. Spa gets it. Spaman gets it. Brulan gets it. Autoplay gets it. Guzz gets it. Grahamtasia gets it. Hottubdan gets it. Spahappy gets it. Amanda gets it. And a few others I may have overlooked. Many of the above mentioned folks are in the spa industry, a few of them are seasoned spa owners with an interest in spa-related banter. That's why we're here.

Others of you come here for the exact purpose this forum was created: to try and find pertinent information to help you make an informed decision. Most of the industry people are on here to try and help you while maintaining a strong bias towards the products or companies they represent. Most spa professionals present this information in a straightforward, simple, matter-of-fact manner.

Then.........there are the more "flamboyant" salespeople on here. They are the one's that act in an outlandish manner to try and interject some entertainment value into these discussions. I'm one of "those" types. Jim is one of the oldest and most successful salesmen in this category. Steve plays off of Jim and vice versa and some hilarious moments have occurred over the years because of their "implied" hostility towards one another. The same can be said of Autoplay and Trigger, who revel in their roles as burrs under Jim's saddle.

And then there is Chas. Chas is clever enough to provide outstanding relevent information to shoppers on one hand while playing the long suffering target of Jim's rantings with the other. It takes a deft touch to portray this role as effectively as he has for all these years. Dr. Spa is the same way. It is little wonder why they (along with the legendary Vermonter, who is in a whole class above everyone else) are the 2 most influential and respected members of the online spa community.

Bottom line is this: we are here to try and help ya'll and hopefully provide some entertainment in the process. We all have our various schticks (I post silly pictures, Jim rants and raves about impertinent subjects and makes tongue-in-cheek threats, Steve and Spaman bait Jim into acting even more outrageous, thus inviting more discussion and ensuing hilarity, etc., etc.)

WHAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE AT ALL IS THIS: Quit making vulgar and obscenity laced remarks towards Jim's wife, or anybody else's family. That is way over the line and just downright sick and we don't need that here. This is a fun place full of fun people. Yeah, some of us bluster and blow about "ruining" each other's lives, but we all know it is just part of the act and is done in good humor.

I hope this helps some of you to understand what is really going on here. I hope you are learning about spas. I surely hope you get a chuckle out of us every now and then. :D

Your friend,

Terminator

I would have to agree on that captain. :blink:

Well put Term, lets hope we can get more people to "get it". I have been offended by the recent rantings on this site, but I'm going to stick around because of those people that do "get it" Welcome to the " Do not feed the child that whines" program.

If you're a moderator...and really want this to be a helpful board etc....Why not suspend/ban the squeaky wheel?

Why doesn't he use his real/changed name? LOL

If you're a moderator...and really want this to be a helpful board etc....Why not suspend/ban the squeaky wheel?

Why doesn't he use his real/changed name? LOL

I have no moderating powers, it is just a title bestowed on anyone who writes 500 posts. Ignore him and he will get bored and go away, join the "Child that whines " program today.

Your friend,

Terminator

Ok... taking a deap breath... and relaxing. I guess that's what it is all supposed to be about right? Perhaps I spoke of leaving here because I was tiring of the insanity. I can't help but be drawn back to check in and see how things are going. OK Term... because you said I was one of the ones that "get it" and Guzz said he sticks around because of the people that DO "get it"... I can't help but feel the urge to hang around in spite of the nastiness that ensues and try to help keep the peace with the others that are trying to help also. Besides... a few minutes per forum and I'll find the balance somehow. I don't know how you guys do it though. So many forums... so many topics to read... so little time. Anyway, thanks Term for reminding me to simply take a chill pill and hang in there through all the madness- I needed that. :wub::wub::wub: Perhaps I'll stick around... after all, my life has been deticated for the last few years to attempt (with a handfull of professionals) to make this industry something to be proud of, and spas something fun to learn about. Good quality time is something we can all use and a spa is an exellent way to accomplish exactly that. I just become dissapointed and embarrased for the entire industry when it becomes so absurd and the bantering is not done in good humor but crosses the line to be simply offensive. I can't help but feel that somehowit reflects on all of us in some way. I am glad to have found other forums that do not have as much yuck running rampant but there really is a good pack of people in here... I didn't think I could leave for too long. Hope you'll have me back. :unsure:

I have no moderating powers, it is just a title bestowed on anyone who writes 500 posts. Ignore him and he will get bored and go away, join the "Child that whines " program today.

I see that JA has also managed to achieve moderator status. . . Maybe I can aspire to that lofty goal myself. . . Oh, how I do love smileys in uniform!

I see that JA has also managed to achieve moderator status. . . Maybe I can aspire to that lofty goal myself. . .

I'll race ya!

B)

I'll be the first to admit that some of the schtick is getting pretty boring. Nauseatingly so, actually.

I realize that a couple of folks just get in the habit of posting the same things over and over and over. If you keep repeating the same nonsense to the masses, you'll eventually fool some people into believing it and then you reel them in by posting links to your website. Then you take their money and think to yourself "Heh heh heh, there's one born every minute." If your goal is to sell a spa or two a week, you can probably make a pretty good living that way if you're selling rebranded spas.

The rest of us try to promote our brand without spamming the forum with links to our sales website. We try to be courteous, helpful, and above all, factually accurate as we have real customers that we deal with face to face on a daily basis. We service our products, we help them with their watercare questions, and when we have some downtime at the store, we log onto the forums to try and garner information about the industry and help answer questions the best we can.

I appreciate what everyone on these forums bring to the table as it is a pretty accurate representation of the industry as a whole, the good, bad, and ugly. :)

Terminator

I'll be the first to admit that some of the schtick is getting pretty boring. Nauseatingly so, actually.

I realize that a couple of folks just get in the habit of posting the same things over and over and over. If you keep repeating the same nonsense to the masses, you'll eventually fool some people into believing it and then you reel them in by posting links to your website. Then you take their money and think to yourself "Heh heh heh, there's one born every minute." If your goal is to sell a spa or two a week, you can probably make a pretty good living that way if you're selling rebranded spas.

The rest of us try to promote our brand without spamming the forum with links to our sales website. We try to be courteous, helpful, and above all, factually accurate as we have real customers that we deal with face to face on a daily basis. We service our products, we help them with their watercare questions, and when we have some downtime at the store, we log onto the forums to try and garner information about the industry and help answer questions the best we can.

I appreciate what everyone on these forums bring to the table as it is a pretty accurate representation of the industry as a whole, the good, bad, and ugly. :)

Terminator

Well said! I have learned alot from people like yourself! The good, bad and ugly! One of the greatest things I have learned from you is, how good Shiner Bock is!! lol

I find it best in moderation! One case at a time!! Would you conside Shiner Bock for "Super High End" beer drinkers?

I wouldn't say that Shiner Bock is the best beer in the world, but it is the best in Texas. That's saying a lot right there!!! :D

Terminator

Does anyone ever visit the Junk and Deleted Forum on here? The pictures seem to still work in that forum. I guess it's set up like the Bear Pit over at AR15xxx where folks can get on there and get after it without moderation. You have to be logged in, though.

Terminator

I wouldn't say that Shiner Bock is the best beer in the world, but it is the best in Texas. That's saying a lot right there!!! :D

Terminator

Does anyone ever visit the Junk and Deleted Forum on here? The pictures seem to still work in that forum. I guess it's set up like the Bear Pit over at AR15xxx where folks can get on there and get after it without moderation. You have to be logged in, though.

Terminator

Hadn't tried. So I can post a picture in that part of the forum, and then put a link here to there... no, wait. I can post a picture over in that part of the foum, and refer folks over to it - but then they will be exposed to the junk and nonsense which is over there...

Wait.

Um, I don't get it. Other than links to the site of him who shall not be named, why are the links banned anyway?

And one more thing: I though Dr. Pepper was the best beer in Texas?

:blink:

Well. I'm not a salesman, just a hot tub enthusiast that enjoys hot tubs and trying at times to give some balance to new folks that may come along and feel the only folks providing advice are sales people.

I try to share my viewpoints and experiences from an owners standpoint so that the comunity isn't all sales folks circleing around a newbie looking for info. Althought I will say info from most of the folks on this site is pretty good, with the exception of James Arjuna. The man is a fraud.

I've tired to speak and have discussions with that person, but it's useless. I have absolutely no problem telling him off or pointing out his lies or flaws in his thinking, statements, or what he calls "engineering".

Anyhow, I think the more that person posts the more damage he does only to himself.

But back on topic, folks coming here can quickly see who's on the up and up and who's out to lunch....

Oh, and one more thing...Shiner Bock is not the best beer in the world. Everyone knows it's Berkshire Brewing Companys Pale Ale. :^)

So if this is all part of a game you guys play, then 1) why doesn't the "child" stick to only insulting the "players", and insists on insulting newcomers/potential customers and 2) if it is just a game you guys play, why is the "child" banned everywhere (would be more fun to play on many "fields)?

I consider anyone who posts untruths about HotSpring to be more than a game. The reason he is banned everywhere else - and he has been recently banned at Poolandspa. c o m - is because those boards have active moderators, and they see that he is in a single-minded self-destruct mode aimed at 'bringing down' the very industry he makes his living from. This doesn't make sense to most folks, and his tactics are less than humorous to many of us.

So if this is all part of a game you guys play, then 1) why doesn't the "child" stick to only insulting the "players", and insists on insulting newcomers/potential customers and 2) if it is just a game you guys play, why is the "child" banned everywhere (would be more fun to play on many "fields)?

We should not feed forum trolls!

At last a topic we can all agree on, drinking an ice cold beer while hot tubbing. Life just doesn't get much better than that.

And so it goes and so it goes. Not much different here than the first time I logged into a forum over at parentingxxx to garner some breastfeeding advice in 1997.

It's pretty easy to wade through the chaff to get to the wheat here, some of the satire and innuendo is hysterical, some scrollable.

Anyway. All of you listen up and hear this: I'm expecting my D1 on Friday, and I'm going to need ALL of you I'm sure.

So be on the look out.

TYVM

:P

Anyway. All of you listen up and hear this: I'm expecting my D1 on Friday, and I'm going to need ALL of you I'm sure.

So be on the look out.

I'll go take a nap, to be sure I am ready.

Bring it on.

Oh, and welcome to spatopia!

Which model did you select?

B)