Arctic Speaker Buzz

quarry

Hi, Just had my Arctic Frontier deleivered (yesterday) got it all to temperature and jumped in it last night, absolutely fantastic. Only problem is now that it's reached temp and all is quiet I noticed there is a humming noise (buzzing) coming from the speakers (wet tunes installed). I have contacted the dealer who has been great throughout the whole deal and he is coming over next wednesday (he's away at the moment and thats the day he is back). I just thought I would just ask the question on here incase there is a quick and simple fix, maybe someone else had the same prob and it was easily sorted. It sounds like a bad earth I think, I am more than happy to wait for the dealer to come on over but just didn't want to waste his time if it's a 30 second job to fix. cheerz.

Hi, Just had my Arctic Frontier deleivered (yesterday) got it all to temperature and jumped in it last night, absolutely fantastic. Only problem is now that it's reached temp and all is quiet I noticed there is a humming noise (buzzing) coming from the speakers (wet tunes installed). I have contacted the dealer who has been great throughout the whole deal and he is coming over next wednesday (he's away at the moment and thats the day he is back). I just thought I would just ask the question on here incase there is a quick and simple fix, maybe someone else had the same prob and it was easily sorted. It sounds like a bad earth I think, I am more than happy to wait for the dealer to come on over but just didn't want to waste his time if it's a 30 second job to fix. cheerz.

One of the reasons I never recommend a spa stereo system. They are all overpriced garbage.

Hi Roger, not really a stereo system just built in speakers that I connect my ipod to, got it chucked in with the deal I got, not an option I added on.

Not so bad then. Maybe it's feedback from your control board. Do you know if there is isolation between the amp and the control board? Or are the speakers powered? There needs to be isolation between computer circuits and speakers.

• 6 years later...

I been dealing with my arctic spa buzzing speakers issue for over a year now....my local Dealer has not been able to do anything yet as he is as confused as I am and has not been very helpful and or proactive to get it fixed...started working with Arctic main home office in...At this point I have replaced the bluetooth module and cables connected to it...They say the buzzing is caused by loose connections into or out of the BT module. Also says I might need a new amp? But I was only sent the BT module. Very frustrated and I am at a point were if I could sell the spa I would, as service is limited in my area on the hard to fix issues like this. And the time I have spent dealing with this has been a waste of time thats gotten me no further than when I bought the tub in October 2013. In working with my local dealer and Arctic main office over the past year I am convinced they expect you in most cases to problem solve this yourself so don't expect follow up calls when they work with you, or normal customer service efforts in regards to follow through, on fixing a problems like this. Iv'e NEVER recieved one call to confirm the fix my local dealer did or arctic main office suggestions and parts they gave me to install myself worked. It's up to you the buyer to have all the skills neccessary to fix electronic issues that would normally require a 4 year electricians degree. If anyone has a fix or has managed to fix their buzzing speaker I am all ears...

• 2 months later...

Many spa dealers will tell you ICKSNAY on sound systems - they will report to you that , stereos amount to a monstrous part of their warranty work.

Some years ago - I installed two Cambridge Soundworks outdoor speakers on the fence posts on my hot tub fence. I guess any outdoor speakers could be substituted -- ran the wires into the house - a stereo set, also has an iPad plugged into it as a front-end tuner.

If you just want music - get an inexpensive boom box... my recommendation.