Arctic Spas Aquatremor System

lighthouse206

Anyone have Aquatremor? We LOVE to listen to music while in the tub and I want a good system. I've heard some mixed reviews on Aquatremor and am wondering if anyone here has some first hand experience with it? Good system? My spouse likes to listen to classical music in the tub - any experience with that?

Also, I am aware of an Aquatremor Deluxe system that includes additional speakers, does anyone have any real info on the deluxe system? The Arctic rep I talked to basically implied the Deluxe system wasn't worth it...

Anyone have Aquatremor? We LOVE to listen to music while in the tub and I want a good system. I've heard some mixed reviews on Aquatremor and am wondering if anyone here has some first hand experience with it? Good system? My spouse likes to listen to classical music in the tub - any experience with that?

Also, I am aware of an Aquatremor Deluxe system that includes additional speakers, does anyone have any real info on the deluxe system? The Arctic rep I talked to basically implied the Deluxe system wasn't worth it...

In my opinion none of the factory installed systems are worth what they cost. If you have a home stereo it is so much better to get outdoor speakers and a remote control. But that's just me, and some people think they are awesome at any cost.

Hello Lighthouse.

Well, I do agree with Roger that home stereos sound will always be better than the systems on spas.

But, the Aquatremor sound is still very very good. It is much better than the Wet-tunes sound as far as sound quality goes. Do a search on here for aquatremor and you will see some customers that have done some reviews on it. Good Luck.

Look up Clark Synthesis Transducer and you'll see what is driving the sound.

I really love mine and listen to the tub even when I'm not in it.

The connector sux and has a cap which leans on the jack. This sometimes causes a grounding issue.

The brochure said a 300W amp, mine is only 65 per channel. I have not looked into it yet, but I will.

No speakers to turn to turd later on!!!

The brochure said a 300W amp, mine is only 65 per channel. I have not looked into it yet, but I will.

Sounds like an older brochure. Please let me know the page number and the code on the back of the brochure. I don't think we've used that 300W amp for some time, but if there's an error in a brochure I'll for sure want to get it corrected.

Thanks for your help.

I have a great tubb side boom box. It is made by Milwalke tools, it is a worksite radio.

It is water resistant, they say it will survive an 8' drop. It has an aux input jack for those Ipod inclined....

49_24_0280lg.gif

It has "Powered by a two-way Rockford Fossgate® sound system with a 3-stage Punch EQ™ bass boost"

which makes it clear and easy to hear even 40' away with the jets running.

They sell them at the box stores for ~$100 Here is a link to one online for ~$90 (I have no connection to this site)

http://www.powertoolstore.com/

I have a Arctic Spa Tundra LE which has the two pop up speakers and the "aqua tremor" transducers.

I don't think mine are working right as they sounded quite impressive in the show room but at my house they hardly vibrate at all - pretty underwhelming....

The stereo tech that AS sent out to fix my speakers said it was hooked up properly but the amp was underpowered and that is why it is so bad...I actually joined up to this forum so I can see what my options are as far as getting a new larger more powerful amp to drive these so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. What is currently in mine is not cutting it at all it barely vibrates and to be honest I'm not even sure that the vibration is even from the transducers and not the speakers at this point it is so mild.

Cheers

Calvin

I have a Arctic Spa Tundra LE which has the two pop up speakers and the "aqua tremor" transducers.

I don't think mine are working right as they sounded quite impressive in the show room but at my house they hardly vibrate at all - pretty underwhelming....

The stereo tech that AS sent out to fix my speakers said it was hooked up properly but the amp was underpowered and that is why it is so bad...I actually joined up to this forum so I can see what my options are as far as getting a new larger more powerful amp to drive these so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. What is currently in mine is not cutting it at all it barely vibrates and to be honest I'm not even sure that the vibration is even from the transducers and not the speakers at this point it is so mild.

Cheers

Calvin

Reversed polarity on a single speaker can cancel the output of another, because speakers produce the same sound on both sides of the speaker cone. When polarity is switched one speaker is moving outwards while the out-of-phase speaker is simultaneously moving backwards. This can generate a noise-cancelling effect. To test, first TURN OFF THE SYSTEM and better yet flip the breaker (um to the OFF position). Look at your wires. It doesn't matter if red (or striped) wire is +, it just matters if all the defined (by color or striping) are connected to the same... be it + or - If it's difficult to see switch ONE set of speaker wires on one of the bottom transducers WHILE IT'S POWERED OFF. Once connected turn it all back on and test. If you get no result, switch that speaker back (again only while off) and try the other bottom speaker the same way.

If you get half results switch both transducer (bottom speakers) wire sets... but NOT as the first test. You won't know what you've fixed if you try too many options in one attempt. It may be possible the transducers are both flipped (polarity) and are noise-cancelling the two matching stereo (higher freq range) speakers up top. That would explain why Mr.Stereo Genius thought it was wired properly... even though it didn't work right (sheeesh). All the speaker posts are same polairty but at the amp they are flipped. Of course this is easily checked if visually possible, but my stereo allows for polarity changes internally so could = one set is out of phase. There are also test CDs with noise tests for polarity testing.

If I am confusing you then you may not be the person to perform this task... ask a 15 year old... they can also fix the flashing 12:00 on your VCR ...by making you buy a Playstation3 so you can watch Blu-Ray movies instead of VHS tapes ...because Playstation3s don't blink 12:00 ...did I just date myself? I don't mean go on a date with myself, that's another *Forum* ...you know like what year I was born? ...what were we talking about?

REMEMBER:Never, ever work on your stereo while powered ON. I am not a spa tech nor am I a stereo Tech... I'm waaay more LOL! Oh and I accept cold beer as payment, oh and if you blow up your spa stereo system and void your warranty just come see me! My name is Bo Darc and I live at 123 DontBelieveEverythingSomeoneTellsYouToDoOnTheInternetSilly Blvd, Information Super HWY, 90210

Cheers

Calvin

Reversed polarity on a single speaker can cancel the output of another, because speakers produce the same sound on both sides of the speaker cone. When polarity is switched one speaker is moving outwards while the out-of-phase speaker is simultaneously moving backwards. This can generate a noise-cancelling effect. To test, first TURN OFF THE SYSTEM and better yet flip the breaker (um to the OFF position). Look at your wires. It doesn't matter if red (or striped) wire is +, it just matters if all the defined (by color or striping) are connected to the same... be it + or - If it's difficult to see switch ONE set of speaker wires on one of the bottom transducers WHILE IT'S POWERED OFF. Once connected turn it all back on and test. If you get no result, switch that speaker back (again only while off) and try the other bottom speaker the same way.

If you get half results switch both transducer (bottom speakers) wire sets... but NOT as the first test. You won't know what you've fixed if you try too many options in one attempt. It may be possible the transducers are both flipped (polarity) and are noise-cancelling the two matching stereo (higher freq range) speakers up top. That would explain why Mr.Stereo Genius thought it was wired properly... even though it didn't work right (sheeesh). All the speaker posts are same polairty but at the amp they are flipped. Of course this is easily checked if visually possible, but my stereo allows for polarity changes internally so could = one set is out of phase. There are also test CDs with noise tests for polarity testing.

If I am confusing you then you may not be the person to perform this task... ask a 15 year old... they can also fix the flashing 12:00 on your VCR ...by making you buy a Playstation3 so you can watch Blu-Ray movies instead of VHS tapes ...because Playstation3s don't blink 12:00 ...did I just date myself? I don't mean go on a date with myself, that's another *Forum* ...you know like what year I was born? ...what were we talking about?

REMEMBER:Never, ever work on your stereo while powered ON. I am not a spa tech nor am I a stereo Tech... I'm waaay more LOL! Oh and I accept cold beer as payment, oh and if you blow up your spa stereo system and void your warranty just come see me! My name is Bo Darc and I live at 123 DontBelieveEverythingSomeoneTellsYouToDoOnTheInternetSilly Blvd, Information Super HWY, 90210

It's worth a try thanks B0Darc I'll give that a shot and see if it does anything. :)

• 1 month later...

The aqua tremour is nothing more then an amplifier and a Clark Synthesis transducer.

The come in 3 grades.. silver.. gold.. platinum.. and sell for $80-250 for the transducer.. (3 strengths)

THen they amp it the gold I have in my home theater uses 650watts....the platinum grade transducer can handle way more..

this just vibrates like a sub woofer.. but is designed to shake things... your chair.. etc.

They feed in various "tones and tone patterns" that are supposed to relax you etc..

Based on how my home theater system tore my sofa frame apart.. I would not want to vibrate the heck out of my tub shell..

Now.. I would not be surprized if you could buy your own.. and install it yourself with ease.. and be identical.. (save for the brand of amp )