Dealers

Roger

What criteria do you use to determine what brand you are going to invest in and put on your floor?

Construction first. Quality of the cabinet, how tight it seals up, how acrylic is formed and backed and supported. Insulation. We beleive in the dead air space as long as they use quality insulation and enough of it. Balboa controls rather than gecko....waterway or pentair jets rather than custom molded or others, waterway pumps, and high quality cover. Been in buisness at least 20 years and has proven they back their service.

These are a few of the things we look for.

What criteria do you use to determine what brand you are going to invest in and put on your floor?

Construction first. Quality of the cabinet, how tight it seals up, how acrylic is formed and backed and supported. Insulation. We beleive in the dead air space as long as they use quality insulation and enough of it. Balboa controls rather than gecko....waterway or pentair jets rather than custom molded or others, waterway pumps, and high quality cover. Been in buisness at least 20 years and has proven they back their service.

These are a few of the things we look for.

Yes, good support from the manufacturer is most important.

I don't really care what "components" are used as long as they work. I currently carry two brands of spas at my store, one is fantastic and the only problems I have are due to shipping issues and they might leak out of the box. That is about at a 1 to 50 ratio of issues out of the box and not. The other is considerably less reliable and is more like 1 to 5 or 1 to 6. The more and more this stays the same the closer I get to firing the second company, but we have a 20 year history and it is difficult.

The fact is what we sell is what we sell and we're going to fix what ever may go wrong on the spa, but the reality is that I don't want to be in the business of fixing spas. Its a pain in the ass. Its a necessary evil but I need a pissed off customer calling me like a need a hole in my head.

To answer your question, if I get positive feedback from someone I trust in this industry (and it is actually very small and word gets around) then I'll run with it. If someone tells me to stay away then I'll follow their advise.

These would be the key aspects IMO;

- Positioning in my area of a given line - if all the componants are equal with alternate lines available, you have no unique selling position and are going to be in a dog fight. Not a major aspect if dealing with a quality line IMO.

- Is it unique from a price point/feature perspective - Again, if it's not, why bother?

- Dealer support from manufacturer - Do they have marketing support and quality sales material and training to maxmize your sales potential

- Quality of product - You need to be able to stand behind what you sell and believe what you sell is the best for your customer. Its why we are ALL the best!!

- What will the manufacturer provide - Do they have a sales projection based on real data for your store. Will they help with all aspects of your spa sales in training, executing event sales, defining a strategic pricing strategy, help with floor layout, provide reasonable terms for buying spas, offer free sales material, provide a quality rep that you trust, etc.

What I look for in a Tub Maker. see where infinity fits in...

1. how quick do they answer the phone.

2. does the person that answers the phone speak english.

3. do they return phone call and how quick.

(Infinity is the slowest) sometimes it takes them weeks.

4. do their teck people know what they are talking about or are they reading

a manual and have no idea what a hot tub is. ( infinity again)

5. how good is there patroll dept in paying their dealers on warranty repairs

or are they like infinity that is ALWAY 90 day plus late in paying. and there phone answering box is ALWAY full.

6. what is their batting avberage on sending the right parts and how long do they take in sending parts.

7. are they always out of parts.

8. check out the BBB. and do a search on the internet on consumer complaints.

9... last but most inportant !!!! do they have you rebill them over and over again

and alway have a stupid excuse about the check will be in the mail tomorrow, and they told you that 4 weeks ago.

If your thinking that im pissed at Infinity then your wrong, im pissed at the way they treat their clients...

the above listed complains are just a

small part of the B.S. that infinity is known for. Costco in Washington State is not happy with them

let alone does anybody return their calls..

I wouldn't expect them to be in Costco's catolog much longer. they own me over 4 thousand and

thay have used every excuse in the book as to why the check is in the mail or will be in the mail shortly

when you know that they are lieing to you and just want to get you off the phone..

There are several great tub co's that are great to work for. they care about the tubs they sell

and want to make them better. Infinity is NOT one of these companys

There are several great tub co's that are great to work for. they care about the tubs they sell

More often than not, a spa company's willingness & ability to service their customers (the tub owners, the dealers and the people who do service work in the field) is proportional to the quality of their product. The people who make the better products also generally are much more willing and able to back them up.

More often than not, a spa company's willingness & ability to service their customers (the tub owners, the dealers and the people who do service work in the field) is proportional to the quality of their product. The people who make the better products also generally are much more willing and able to back them up.

So very true !!!!!!!!!