Constant Low Ph

gary3029

I have a just installed a 11000 litre above ground exercise pool. I am having the same problem as my hottub which is trying to get the ph to stay at a normal level. Everytime I check the pool it is at 6.8. TA is around a constant 100-120 and chlorine is currently at 5ppm as I have recently shocked it. I add chemicals everyday to address low ph but still it does not rise......and yes I am using right chemicals!! Any ideas?

I have a just installed a 11000 litre above ground exercise pool. I am having the same problem as my hottub which is trying to get the ph to stay at a normal level. Everytime I check the pool it is at 6.8. TA is around a constant 100-120 and chlorine is currently at 5ppm as I have recently shocked it. I add chemicals everyday to address low ph but still it does not rise......and yes I am using right chemicals!! Any ideas?

what kind of chlorine are you using? What is the pH of your fill water? How are you testing the water? Does your pH drop or are you just unable to get it into range and it always stays low?

Also please post a full set of test results, preferably done with liquid reagents. I assume the pool is vinyl since it is an AGP.

what kind of chlorine are you using? What is the pH of your fill water? How are you testing the water? Does your pH drop or are you just unable to get it into range and it always stays low?

Also please post a full set of test results, preferably done with liquid reagents. I assume the pool is vinyl since it is an AGP.

Sounds like he's using Trichlor tabs or dichlor powder. How much pH Up are you adding? Is it borax or dense ash? Is the pool indoors? Getting sun?