Newbie Intro With Some Tears

Hi,

I just stumbled on this site while looking for a solution to my hot tub problem. Right now I am draining it and will blow it out. Of course the repair maintenance store they use for warranty work is closed on Saturday.

All my blowers are going full blast, cannot be shut off, and the water temp is 44 deg. I've shut down the electrical connection and as I said am draining it.

I'm heartsick over this breakdown. I'm alone, without a man to give me some advice, or at least some sympathy. I got the hot tub in October of '06 and there is a 2 year warranty on it. Now if I can only find my papers on it, I'd feel a lot better.

It is a Hydro Spa I bought online My sister-in-law had way too much input picking out MY hot tub. I wanted to check out the Thermo Spas because they are buillt to your specs. She said, "Oh no, they are so hard sell." That was the end of that. You see, I have a problem with that entire family. At 5'3" I'm vertically challenged. The girls are at least 5"9-10", my husband was 6"3" and his brother was 6"4". So any spa I buy is going to be automically too big for me. That was why I wanted to check out the Thermo Spa, they could put the jets where they will reach me.

Anyway, enough of my problems, I've got to go and blast the rest of the water out of the tub.

Thanks for listening,

Wilted Rose 24

Sure hope it all come out right.

Keep a smile on - it improves your face value.

B)

You would probably have a similar problem with the ThermoSpa warranty...but I do hope everything goes well...I usually try to let people know as often as possible not to take advice from someone who THINKS they know more then you about a product they still don't know anything about....the best idea would have been to goto a local showroom and sit in spas...a d1 diplomat believe it or not would fit you, a Bullfrog 552 would and I believe a J-470 would too.

if the water is 44 degrees everything will run like that until it hits the high 50's or even 60's and wont shut off on low speed til the tub reaches 80.

Makes me wonder though how the temperature dropped that low in the first place..... You can't set it below 80 degrees..... Maybe the tub is set for a 24hr circulation pump that is supposed to run through the heater element. Meaning slow speed of pump 1 wouldnt come on to circulate the water during heating.... It would just turn the element on and off probably until the temp reached the freezing protection point then everything turned on........ Is there a 24hr circ pump in the hot tub? If so maybe it was just piped in wrong like mine is making it useless..........

Thats what I was getting at. There is either a heat light, but no heat, clogged filter, error message on the display being ignored, etc. Something else is going on. With a little more info we can possibly get to the bottom of the problem. How old and what model is the spa? Have you called the service line or your dealer?

The first mistake was letting your sister pick your spa :)<_<

The second mistake is Hydrospa is available for calls on saturday so not sure why you didn't call them?

I wonder what the servicing dealer that is clossed on saturday would have done for you had you purchased one of their premium spas? NOTHING!!!!!!! they where closed.

Just call the Service number that came with your spa and relaxe. If you got the wrong size spa for you then that is your mistake and not Hydrospas, blame your sister, perhaps she will buy this one from yuo:)

Hi,

I just stumbled on this site while looking for a solution to my hot tub problem. Right now I am draining it and will blow it out. Of course the repair maintenance store they use for warranty work is closed on Saturday.

All my blowers are going full blast, cannot be shut off, and the water temp is 44 deg. I've shut down the electrical connection and as I said am draining it.

I'm heartsick over this breakdown. I'm alone, without a man to give me some advice, or at least some sympathy. I got the hot tub in October of '06 and there is a 2 year warranty on it. Now if I can only find my papers on it, I'd feel a lot better.

It is a Hydro Spa I bought online My sister-in-law had way too much input picking out MY hot tub. I wanted to check out the Thermo Spas because they are buillt to your specs. She said, "Oh no, they are so hard sell." That was the end of that. You see, I have a problem with that entire family. At 5'3" I'm vertically challenged. The girls are at least 5"9-10", my husband was 6"3" and his brother was 6"4". So any spa I buy is going to be automically too big for me. That was why I wanted to check out the Thermo Spa, they could put the jets where they will reach me.

Anyway, enough of my problems, I've got to go and blast the rest of the water out of the tub.

Thanks for listening,

Wilted Rose 24

Bad news Rose hydro-spa went bankrupt your warranty is shot.

Please be sure to put a heater in the cabinet to keep the lines from freezing, there is about 20 gals. of water left in the system after draining.

The blower was on because the spa-pack sensed a freezing condition, most likely the heater was not working. It may be as simple as a bad pressure switch to other more costly things.

Laurel

spa tech

Hillbilly Hot Tubs

Thats not 100% accurate, Laurel. I would highly recommend that she grab her serial number and call her dealer or the service number in the manual. Premium Leisure has programs in place with many of the Hydro Spa dealers to handle these types of issues.

Thats not 100% accurate, Laurel. I would highly recommend that she grab her serial number and call her dealer or the service number in the manual. Premium Leisure has programs in place with many of the Hydro Spa dealers to handle these types of issues.

Most of use that own a hydrospa still have a full warranty in place so I think the only place I have heard that a warranty is gone if from dealers on this forum that dissdain any spa not bought from them.

The first mistake was letting your sister pick your spa

The second mistake is Hydrospa is available for calls on saturday so not sure why you didn't call them?

I wonder what the servicing dealer that is clossed on saturday would have done for you had you purchased one of their premium spas? NOTHING!!!!!!! they where closed.

Just call the Service number that came with your spa and relaxe. If you got the wrong size spa for you then that is your mistake and not Hydrospas, blame your sister, perhaps she will buy this one from yuo:)

• 2 weeks later...

:unsure: What is it with this web site? I couldn't get logged in. I had to register 2 more times and if I leave this page, I'll probably be locked out again. But that's ok, because this time I have chocolate :wub:

Thank all of you for your answers, but We still don't know what is wrong with the tub yet. What caused the heater to let the water temp drop to 47. The motors were running full blast but I was afraid if they kept running like they would catch fire or burn out.

The repairman came out on Monday and turned on the tub and gobs of white stuff came blowing out from everywhere. I looked like someone had disolved a roll of Charmin in it. The heater did kick-in and started warming the water. I had to drain the tub again and clean it, and refill. When I turned it back on it was ok. The temp was up to 101 by 11:00 pm and I was happy. I took water in to be checked and was given a list of things I'm to add to it. Also, a list of what I should be doing every day/week. All I did was check the ph and alkalinity in it. I was told because of the ozonator, I wouldn't get a reading on the chlorine and don't worry about the hardness, which stayed in the good zone.

Anyway, my spa is on it's way to being used again but it won't be until Monday. I have to keep adding chemicals at the proper intervals and get the water checked again, and let my neck heal where I got a nerve block today. No water for 24 hours. Maybe by Sunday.

I don't have a sister, it was my sister-in-law who had the input on the Thermo Spa. She didn't determine which spa to buy, just what not to buy. Actually, I could have gotten a Thermo Spa for just about the same price as I paid for the Hydro Spa, so price was not an issue. She is just a know-it-all pushy bi*** :angry:

I don't have any real complaints about my Hydro spa except how I have to twist and turn to get the jets where I want them to go. I don't use the neck jets at all because they go over my head, and the waterfall and drink holders are the stupidest things on the spa. I don't know about you, but when I'm in my spa, those jets and blowers are going and anything in my drink holder would be full of spa water splash. I do wish I had another handle to hold on to while getting in and out. The way we had to set the spa up, the handle is not accessible for entering or leaving the spa.

Well, hopefully we got it fixed but still don't know what caused the heater to shut down or what the white stuff was. It wasn't covered under warranty, yes, there is still a warranty on it, because it wasn't a spa failure. Nothing is broken so far. So I'll just hold my breath and pray it lasts a long long time. By the way, what is the lifespan of a hot tub anyway?

Has anyone ever heard of used a spa system flush? I ame across this and wondered if my pipes were just too gunked up and thought of trying it. http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Spa-System-Fl...oz-P436C47.aspx. I was at the spa store buying chemicals and asking questions, he wasn't very nice. <_< I guess it was because I didn't buy my spa from there. He did tell me the white stuff could have been a build up from not taking care of the water properly and it was a scum build up. I thought I was taking proper care of it, following the directions and never had a problem before. Now I live in fear I'll wake up to an ice skating ring.

I've been busy everyday adding chemicals to get the readings right and following the instructions from Rhiel supply. I've also been changing my filter every day, I have several and I always had a clean one to put back in. So far there is just a white film on the bottom of the tub. I'm afraid to get in it. I'm really thinking of getting the system flush and doing that. But it's gonna have to wait because it's too darn cold here. I'm taking my life in my hands working on the spa with all of the ice around it. I still think there is something wrong with the heater. The temps have been fluctuating all dayfrom 90 to 105. I keep the water at 103 and have never had a problem like this. I'm also losing water which has never happened before. I'm losing about 1-2" a day. Oh well, Tomorow I'll take more water to be tested and tell them about the heater. Wish me luck. And thanks so much for all your responses. :( I need my hot tub. My body is in some serious pain.

Rose, tell us what happened/ how they fixed your spa. What was wrong with it?

Also, OZONE by itself as sold by spa dealers, will not sanitize a spa effectively or safely enough to allow humans to bathe in it.

You will need another sanitizer to keep your water clear. Regular use of chlorine/ bromine/ alternative sanitizers wil be needed.

If your spa is cloudy at all, the light bulb in our head should go off. :( 'Something is wrong.'

It is usually that there is not enough sanitizer in the water and the bacteria is multiplying.

If you see 'slimy' bubbles, this is an indication of not enough sanitizer.

If your water has a 'funky' smell, not enough sanitizer.

If you feel a slippery slime on the spa interior, not enough sanitizer.

Whoever told you ozone is a magic pill for your spa needs a lesson in chemicals. Ozone is a great aid - just not a primary source of sanitization.

( A lot of salespeople will tell you that Ozone is the only thing required in order to get the sale and avoid scaring potential customers away with the thought of using chemicals.)

Chemicals are a little scary at first, but the learning curve goes quickly.

BTW I have 20 years experience in the spa industry with a specialty in chemicals.

Spa flushes usually are a mix of acid and detergent. You can use this if you have a buildup of scale, but this is not usually required on a newer spas.

Yours is quite possibly a biofilm that was a result of low sanitizer.

Superchlorinate your spa with lithium chloride (chlorine) and this will kill any biofilm.

REMEMBER, cloudy spas are bad........