Did I Get Screwed?

chillybilly

What, where was he in jail at? I live in the midwest and have looked at my states criminal record page and have not found anything on the guy, I feel like a real dope, My instincts told me I shouldn't hane trusted the guy.

Yes you got screwed, that guy is a thief who I thought was in jail...he stole 4000.00 from me when we worked together two years ago. Thomas O'Connor...good luck, the guy is a con artist and if I ever see him its going to be bad. Where are you?

He was in jail in florida I believe, also in Chicago...I dont really know much about him but him being a horrible human being who has screwed customers, co workers and employers anywhere he goes. The Vita dealership in Chicago used to employ him...they would know some about him, and hate his guts...try contacting them. Have you contacted your bank?

Was he a fat, sweaty guy with thinning red hair that he slicked back?

A guy using that name came by my store about a year ago. He was working for Master Spa at their tent sale down the road. He said he was moving down here from Chicago, that he was the regional manager for Dillard's department store, and told me I should buy stock in Macy's because they were buying Dillard's.

I asked him how the huge remodeling job was going at the local Dillard's, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, and hurriedly left in a spray of sweat.

I drove by the tent sale later, saw him sleazing a customer, and honked and waved at him.

Seemed like a real loser.

I'll bust him in his nose if he ever comes back. It is my Christmas gift to you.

Contact Master Spa and maybe they can help.

Terminator

I recently bought a spa at a tent sale from a Tom ?oconner/oconnel?

Has anyone ever heard of this guy? I have tried to call and set up delivery and cannot get an answer. what should I do????

help

Have you tried entering the phone number into google? Many times it will come up with an address for the person. Then you can track him down and get your money back.

Good luck finding that guy.

Check with your bank to see if you can still place a stop payement and get the money back out of his account. Also, alert your Bank's fraud department and they might be able to give you some tips for recovery or for prosecution.

Tony

I just tried calling his last known number. I would love to have his new number as he also owes me money! This guy deserves everything he gets! Not only is he a con artist, he's a really bad person I'm amazed that any Spa Manufacturer would employ him. Please let us know the particulars what kind of spa did you buy?

I find it strange that ChillyBilly doesn't want to give up any more info than that he is in the midwest.. If it was me, I'd let the world know everything I could about him. Come on CB, give us something to work with so we can help you and everyone else this guy has apparently screwed over..

I find the post quite suspicious as well.

I don't see a red flag. What possible reason would someone come on here to talk about some guy possibly ripping them off? Unless he's trying to discredit this "Tom O'Connor" guy for no good reason (though it sounds like this T.O. guy may be a serial spa flim flammer) it sure seems like a legit post to me?

If it were me I might be a little embarrassed and reluctant to give out too much information but it would help to know more since people on this site will want to be helpful and it would be good to know particulars as someone else may know something about this guy (assuming there really is an issue). Hopefully it all gets worked out.

Tom is known for bad things, my guess is the he bought some spas and is running his own tent sales, keeping the deposits and hitting the road. His old MO was standing at a tub...lets say the Hot Springs Envoy...and talking about what a great spa this Prodigy is...so when Prodigy is on the contract he is able to sell the tub for over par making more money yet still less then the Envoy...and 4 weeks later...oooops thats not the spa they bought. He did this with Vita and Master alot...not to mention stealing my AMEX in Mexico running a 3500 bill after I lent him 800 early that week because it seemed he needed the help and we were working together for a month in San Diego...unfortunatly he got booted from show soon after he robbed me

That was my thought spatech; someone trying to discredit him. He may very well deserve to be discredited, I don't know. It just seemed odd that he evaded questions asked of him. If he wrote the man a check he would know his name, not have to guess at it. Why not mention what brand of spas he was representing and in what area, in order to help others. Clearly from travelling's post, this man has rubbed alot of people the wrong way. Just sounded like someone angry with him thought sounding like a ripped-off consumer would be more effective than telling the truth. Travelling, would it be unethical for you to tell us a little bit about how the tent/travelling sales work? While it's horrible to talk about one spa while looking at another, it's also amazing how smart these con-men can be. I don't understand why vita and master continue to use him. Do you consider these unethical companies? Sorry to pick your brain, but you seem to have the most insight into these types of things.

As all 3 of his posts were made within a 30 minute period..... did ya ever consider he has limited computer/internet access? Not everyone checks in here every 5 minutes, 25/7 :rolleyes:

oconner/oconnel? pretty close if ya ask me......... If I wrote them both out, I doubt I can tell the difference in a week............ but maybe that's just my hand writing.

Dr. Spa, you seem incredibly arguementative, are you having a bad day? I never saw anyone question anyone's access to a computer or the internet. He responded to my posts, just not my questions. That's what is so great about this world, we are all different. While you wouldn't remember who you wrote a check to, I would. Doesn't make either of us better. Sometimes I wonder why there is a forum here, when so many people are attacked for their posts and opinions.

That was my thought spatech; someone trying to discredit him. He may very well deserve to be discredited, I don't know. It just seemed odd that he evaded questions asked of him. If he wrote the man a check he would know his name, not have to guess at it. Why not mention what brand of spas he was representing and in what area, in order to help others. Clearly from travelling's post, this man has rubbed alot of people the wrong way. Just sounded like someone angry with him thought sounding like a ripped-off consumer would be more effective than telling the truth. Travelling, would it be unethical for you to tell us a little bit about how the tent/travelling sales work? While it's horrible to talk about one spa while looking at another, it's also amazing how smart these con-men can be. I don't understand why vita and master continue to use him. Do you consider these unethical companies? Sorry to pick your brain, but you seem to have the most insight into these types of things.

I know you asked TSG about traveling sales work and I'm sure he'll respond. As a seasoned spa salesman and yes also a traveling spa salesperson, I'll take a shot at answering your question. Most tent sales ran by the major manufacturers (D1, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi) are truly an off site event where you can get special pricing, yes real savings anywhere from $500-$1000 off true showroom prices. The reason we are flown in to do these sales are for a few reasons, first and foremost we are seasoned sales people that know the product we are selling inside and out, second the local retail store does not have the staff to cover an off site event, third the Manufacturer will give the local retail store bona fide discounts to use their show team. It all started with home shows and fairs, the local dealer couldn't possibly send 4 salesman to staff a booth when he only had 2 in the store. In the last few years some manufacturers have started putting up tent sales everywhere with very questionable salespeople, selling strategies, complete lies.

Myself, the only brands that I will sell are D1, Hot Spring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Marquis. I'm comfortable selling their product and I'm comfortable with their dealers. For the last 2 years I've only sold one brand. Every single customer has always had my cell phone number and a few times I've actually had to help with service issues, because they we're not getting the attention they thought they deserved. So, please don't lump off site events, traveling spa salesman into one category. I know TSG personally and he really is an upfront ethical person. You might not agree with all his tactics, beliefs, but I can tell you if you were looking to buy a spa and did not play all the games consumers play, you would get the best deal and everything you we're promised.

Thomas O'Conner on the other hand is a thief, liar, con artist, all around bad person. I'm amazed any manufacturer would employ him. I would love to know the particulars as I know many people in this industry and may be able to help the customer, just like TSG did with the Vita shell problem. Some of us really do care about our industry.

chillybilly made 3 posts in 30 minutes. When he stopped posting, FOR WHATEVER REASON, medic began the attack of "finding it strange" and blindly suspecting chillybilly intentions. THEN you came in and "find the post quite suspicious as well". I'm simply pointing out that you're jumping to conclusions with far less than circumstantial evidence.......... Actually, NO evidence at all..

Dr. Spa, you seem incredibly arguementative, are you having a bad day? I never saw anyone question anyone's access to a computer or the internet. He responded to my posts, just not my questions. That's what is so great about this world, we are all different. While you wouldn't remember who you wrote a check to, I would. Doesn't make either of us better. Sometimes I wonder why there is a forum here, when so many people are attacked for their posts and opinions.