Hot Tub Siding

rundawg

I have a 12 Year old Marquis (Reward) hot tub that the siding is rotting and very discolored from years in the weather. Is there anything on the market that can be used to replace it? Something that is more permanent and not made of cedar that needs continued care. Thanks

Vinyl House Siding.

You can get it in brick, stone, shake, all kinds of styles. Or just side it to match your house.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I realize this is a very old thread, but it came up when I did a web search for "composition siding spas".

I would like to replace the thin wood siding on my 10+ year old Cal Spa. On the sunny side, it is curling and looking pretty bad. It appears that most new spas offered these days have that plastic+wood composition siding. (Trex is the brand sold at Home Depot.)

I can find composition stock at Home Depot and Lowe's, but it is a thicker decking material. Is there anywhere we can buy the same siding material that is used on new spas?

I'd rather not use vinyl siding. It seems pretty cheap-looking to me.

Thanks!

Well thank you, ChaiSTi! It appears they offer a DIY kit that I can order: 8ft Spa Restoration Kit (Redwood). I need to check out my spa now to make sure it will work.

They even have an on-line install guide. ...I might question their accuracy though:

Suggestion: A pneumatic stapler/nailer will make quick work of these next steps. If you don’t have one - you can rent one at a local hardwardhardware/improvement store. Whether done by hand or by a pneumatic fastener, you will need to find the correct length of staple/brads. The correct length is: Backer thickness + 0.250”. So if your backer material is 0.250” thick then your fastener should be 0.75500” long. (0.25”+0.250”= 0.75500”)

Well thank you, ChaiSTi! It appears they offer a DIY kit that I can order: 8ft Spa Restoration Kit (Redwood). I need to check out my spa now to make sure it will work.

They even have an on-line install guide. ...I might question their accuracy though:

Suggestion: A pneumatic stapler/nailer will make quick work of these next steps. If you don’t have one - you can rent one at a local hardwardhardware/improvement store. Whether done by hand or by a pneumatic fastener, you will need to find the correct length of staple/brads. The correct length is: Backer thickness + 0.250”. So if your backer material is 0.250” thick then your fastener should be 0.75500” long. (0.25”+0.250”= 0.75500”)

I use a Texture 1-11 from Home depot that has some sort of wood grain looking composite coating to it. It's about $20 per sheet and it only takes 2-3 sheets depending on spa size/height. You can stain it to your liking. The only issue is making a corner. If the old corners are good, I usually leave them. If the are in bad shape then you can sometimes just rip them off and make a straight corner by making 45 degree cuts.