Is It Worth To Buy

Boute

Hi all, I am still contemplating on purchasing either this Pacific Calypso with the Prestige package or the Costco Pilates H2O XP1.

Here what I started with in our negotiation.

Calypso with Prestige package + floating remote, steps, covermate III lifter, start up kit, cover upgrade to a 5/3 2lb density for the amount of $10,500.

Now the wife wanted some of there bathrobes so I elaborated a little more on adding some other items like 4 bathrobes, 2 seat cushions (for the wife and others), side tray, spare cartridges and a cover saver.

With all those extra I now offered $11,000. :D

My thought is that for that price I can get more for less with the pilates (sequencer...). I know it's not the same spas but I would have to add insulation to the pilate and I am capable of trouble shooting and repair should some thing happen. :wacko:

So would this Pacific actually be a good deal if it goes through or should I get the Pilates? <_<

How long would you like it to last? How long do you want to own this particular Spa? Because the Pacific will probably outlast the other almost 2 to 1 in years. I also think that price on the Pacific is a couple grand to high. But if bottom line dollar savings are what you are after go for the Pilates.

Thanks for sharing your opinion Roger.

I figure that, this is why I then offered him 9k and he came back with 11K without the extra. Here in my region I have two stores, the other one is out to lunch he wants over 13K without the extras.

As for the Pilates lasting half the life of the Pacific, what part is that? They use the same power pack.

There aren't that much else in a spas aside from the pumps (which I sent 2 E-Mail to them asking the type and make, that was over a week ago and still no answerer). To me that would dictate if this one is part of my alternate spas.

The software and firmware versions are different between the two spa packs.

The biggest decision is the wet test. If you have 2 stores in your area are you in S.ont or Calgary/Airdrie area? Let me know if you were successful with the bathrobes.

If only I could wet test the Pilates! Sent E-Mail to Costco and Pilates to see if there is someone in my area that they can refer me too to at least see in person and hopefully wet test it, that was over a week ago and still no responds.

I live on the edge of the frontier, LOL. Outaouais (Gatineau) which is across the border from Ottawa so there's a store on both sides.

The software and firmware versions are different between the two spa packs.

The biggest decision is the wet test. If you have 2 stores in your area are you in S.ont or Calgary/Airdrie area? Let me know if you were successful with the bathrobes.

If only I could wet test the Pilates! Sent E-Mail to Costco and Pilates to see if there is someone in my area that they can refer me too to at least see in person and hopefully wet test it, that was over a week ago and still no responds.

I live on the edge of the frontier, LOL. Outaouais (Gatineau) which is across the border from Ottawa so there's a store on both sides.

A week nd no response. I wonder how it will hold up for a week at -20 F when it's broke and you make a call or send an e-mail. Has your Pacific dealer responded to your questions in a timely manner?

I too am looking at the Pilates XP1. For more info I would suggest calling the company as they were quick and helpful when i called and they answered all questions. Secondly here is the Tatum Manufacturing website. They are the manufacturers of Pilates and Gulf Coast spas.

If you don't believe me call up Pilates and they will tell you about Tatum. In fact, that is how I know about Tatum. Cuz Pilates told me!!

http://www.tatummanufacturing.com/

Did Dave at Sani Sol give you the better price??? IMO Im a litttle weary of the Pilates tubs since when they first came out they were touted to cost $14,999 then down to $8,000 now that Costco sells them the price is $6,9999. The first contest at PandS.com had the spa listed at $14999 Now the second contest has it listed for $10,000.

Did Dave at Sani Sol give you the better price??? IMO Im a litttle weary of the Pilates tubs since when they first came out they were touted to cost $14,999 then down to $8,000 now that Costco sells them the price is $6,9999. The first contest at PandS.com had the spa listed at $14999 Now the second contest has it listed for $10,000.

I see you know the people in my area <_<

No, actualy Ive been deeling with Scott and left a message to call me back on Friday but never got back to me yet. This is like a deja vue B) Maybe he didn't like my offer. Oh well Ill continue researching on the Pilates XP1 and negotiate for the Piper Glen then. By the way Pathfinder the costco price on the web is steal 8K if it was 7k I would probably not hesitate on that one. Cheers,

Ok this is not easy :huh:

Now I am realy debating on the Piper Glen, I know it is not quite the same spas and realy like the seperate motors for each seats with VFC. It is more money like $12,200 taxes excluded with sterio c/w floating remote, lift, dyna bright led, chemical and steps oh and delivered. I am trying to justify the cost difference.

Will this unit actualy be more cost efficient to opperate when used mainly for two?

One thing that I don't seam to appriciate is the fact that there is no isolation valves for the pumps and there are 5. Should I be concern?

Your input would be greatly appriciated.

There is no real difference in savings bewtween the 2 tubs from my research but if you want a true unbiased opinion Call Oasis Leisure Centre in Winnipeg toll free 1 888-223-5861 and speak to one of the spa sales staff. They sell both Artesian and are the #1 Pacific store in Canada. So if you want to find out the real difference call them up.

There is no real difference in savings bewtween the 2 tubs from my research but if you want a true unbiased opinion Call Oasis Leisure Centre in Winnipeg toll free 1 888-223-5861 and speak to one of the spa sales staff. They sell both Artesian and are the #1 Pacific store in Canada. So if you want to find out the real difference call them up.

Thanks Pathfinder I cant loose trying.

Thanks Pathfinder I cant loose trying.

Boute, please let us know what they tell you. I would really like to hear from a dealer that sells Artesian and Pacific to hear what the differences are.

Well folks, :o

I called them but that 888 # is not available in my area so I called from work the long distance and tried to be as brief as possible as there was others around with quite some activity going on.

I spoke with a salesman and he didn't really informed me much more then I knew but somewhat simplified and confirmed my findings.

These two spas and models are in the very tops out there but as I knew they are two different spas with unfair comparisons.

I still tend to compare despite all others and my opinions, simply for money and other aspects.

As he said the Piper Glen is somewhat more aggressive, deeper massage then the Calypso which is more therapeutic oriented. Not that the Piper is not it's just that in my opinion the Calypso stops there and the Piper will exceed that with a deeper or with more force delivered (without being directional or single pointed like others) but the nice thing is that the Piper Glen has the ability to reduce it's force with his VFC which reduces the output by close to half simply by pressing a button (individual seatings). That in it's self is impressive because you can get a deeper message for a few minutes when muscles are tight and then reduce the intensity for a more smooth or therapeutic message for the remaining what 20 or what ever combination you like. So for the VFC I see that it is a must on the Piper Glen and for me due to it high power delivery. ... I read what I am writing and I sound like a Artesian salesman. LOL.

OK so I'm sold on that part but not worth the $2800 difference.

Another feature which sets Piper Glen apart from others is the individual seat (pump) controls, that again is awesome for easy accessing when wanting that specific seat to operate therefore saving energy.

Another thing that I and my beloved family like is the fact that when off or simply relaxing or wile on low output you could lie parallel to the side or let's say lift your feet up twist sideway's and rest them on the seat beside you with ease and relax. The Calypso has seat dividers that sticks out and kind of would be in the way therefore limiting you to stay seating at all times.

As I said this is my findings pros and cons without wet testing, I cannot speak for the OASIS salesman as this would simply be hear say, wright?! :wacko:

Oh boy, I feel like I am going to be bombarded soon : :ph34r:

Anyways all, I cannot till today decide on which one. I never thought it would be this difficult to decide I thought I was throw that part but no it is obviously not.

Now lets talk about the Calypso in what I think is favorable on it, it is the fact that it is oriented to a, well read there site for that, LOL. I think I'm sold on the Piper. LOL :lol:again.

No the truth is I'm very undecided.

When I questioned OASIS on what I feel about all that missing foam on the Piper Glen so they can mount all there pumps (which I find to be a disgraced to the what everybody preach about having full foam but man that is alote of missing insulation) with that amount out and all the piping expose it must have an increase in cost to maintain the heat lost therefore offsetting the overall operating cost dispute the fact that it was suppose to save due to the multiple pump system. Have a look at there owners manual and you will see what I mean and why I question this. Well his response was 10-15 dollars a month more, don't forget this is coming from a salesman, yes he sales both but all the way throw our discussions he was somewhat leaning toward the Calypso or favoring it. <_<

I have to admit that the Calypso was, have been and will alway be one of my favorite, it seems to be very comfortable, lots of good massage therapy potential and good seating positions, the remote would be a must for me for easy access to controlling the pumps ( but with age my eyes seem to weaken so I kind of prefer the easy accessible switch the Piper has) and mainly the silencer pumps and the insulation R-Value the Calypso has.

So people this is a record for me on the words and time ever spent on a post.

I have to say and admit that at this point and time ( as Oasis said) I, oops, we must go for a wet test to really taste what these two have to offer. We are hopping to test tomorrow the PIPER :wub:

Keep you all posted, mean wile please do not hesitate to post any response as I will check during the day, Cheers to All. :rolleyes:

OK! :huh: My wife and I did the wet test on the Piper Glen and it only took 10 minutes to make an opinion on this spas but we stayed in about 30min.

It sure was with great regret that I was extremely disappointed on few aspects.

1) The seating was not comfortable, you sit more in an arched position meaning on your unpadded part of your bout rather then the cheeks.

2) Most of the seats you have to brace your feet to the foot well so you don’t get pushed out of your seat and this is even at lower intensity from the VFC.

3) The jets become very directional and this is due to the type of jets that they are using. (That part really was a disgrace to the spas) For the price they sale this tub they surly screwed up on that one. Those 48 cyclone jets tend to not cyclone after a few seconds after they were adjusted so they could spin. It doesn't have a snapping or locking position therefore with the force of water flowing through the jets it repositions itself to a straight pattern. That's one thing and the other is that the outer ring meant for you to adjust the flow or turn off each jets are too easy to turn therefore any type of easy touch or rub to that ring the jet closes, this is especially true to the foot well. So for the jets I have to say that we had to constantly play or adjust them plus bracing your feet to the foot well. NOT RELAXING AT ALL.

So with that test we were extremely disappointed as I was so sure that this was the one that I was going to get.

I did and still like there individual controls idea very much. It looks awesome but with my wet test it's not our tub at all. Oh and by the way it so happen that one of the control switch for the pump was defective, we couldn't shut it off. <_<

Luckily though that they also sell other brand which we ended up testing. One was the Sundance Optima and the other was the Grand Cayman made from Artesian from there Island line.

Optimum was nice on two seats only over all ok but pricy.

The Grand Cayman was on the other hand almost perfect for me. Lots of powers, the jets are not directional it actually wraps your body nicely and that neck massage was definitely the best thing for me. The seating was good and even with its power you didn't have to brace your feet to the foot well very relaxing.

So this was our experience with the three and I am leaning now between the Island and the Calypso. Now we are going to try the Calypso from Pacific spas.

I now understand the importance of WET TESTING :rolleyes:

The Grand Cayman was on the other hand almost perfect for me. Lots of powers, the jets are not directional it actually wraps your body nicely and that neck massage was definitely the best thing for me. The seating was good and even with its power you didn't have to brace your feet to the foot well very relaxing.

Are the jets in the Island series different than the Platinum series? I know they're introducing the new "Helix" jets in the Island series, & I'm curious as to whether that's the difference here, or if it's something else.

Are the jets in the Island series different than the Platinum series? I know they're introducing the new "Helix" jets in the Island series, & I'm curious as to whether that's the difference here, or if it's something else.

Yes they are very different, if they are helix I don't recall the name but there mostly larger so is the orifice. When you move the jet to the side so for it to cyclone, well it has this click that locks it in place so it doesn't straighten by itself to cause a straight out stream. Have to say that I wish it had those ones in the Piper, it would of been a hole different experience.

I don't know if this is common practice in the spa industry, but it seems strange to me to introduce an important new feature in a spa that's not the top of the line. Sundance recently introduced lots of new features in the 700 series that haven't yet made it to the 800 series. I wonder if their average sale is trending downward, so they're introducing new features where they can get the best bang for the buck.

I don't know if this is common practice in the spa industry, but it seems strange to me to introduce an important new feature in a spa that's not the top of the line. Sundance recently introduced lots of new features in the 700 series that haven't yet made it to the 800 series. I wonder if their average sale is trending downward, so they're introducing new features where they can get the best bang for the buck.

Very good point. And yes they are the there new Helix

Yes the Island is not, too me anyways an as high quality spas as the other series but yes those jets are awesome and that neck jets design realy works great. So with that it will promote it.

Maybe they will have them in the new series coming out in about 1 1/2 mounth I was told, it will be called Platinum. Yes Platinum and they will keep there Platinum Elite and the others. <_<

Well folks after WET TESTING the Calypso we were extremely impressed with its power, quietness, easy access to controls and especially the ergonomic seatings. Extremely relaxing spas. Not to forget a very well built package.

Because I tested the Island and really liked the neck massage we had to try that one again to give it a fair comparison.

So we did and found that it was much noisier and the seats for us were not that comfortable after all.

So we whent back to Pacific dealer and bought the Calypso :D

WOW this shopping was not easy at all. I guess when you guys say to wet test that could not be emphasized enough. I was almost ready to by another type without trying it and boy that would of cost me allot consience remorse.

I would like to thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experience to us new buyers.

Cheers to all of you :rolleyes:

Well folks after WET TESTING the Calypso we were extremely impressed with its power, quietness, easy access to controls and especially the ergonomic seatings. Extremely relaxing spas. Not to forget a very well built package.

Because I tested the Island and really liked the neck massage we had to try that one again to give it a fair comparison.

So we did and found that it was much noisier and the seats for us were not that comfortable after all.

So we went back to Pacific dealer and bought the Calypso

You have followed a shopping process that should give you confidence in your decision. Congratulations. Live long and soak often.

Boute, that's a great story to relay on this forum. We did the same thing; went back to retest tubs after testing new ones. Made it easier to compare. We, however, did end up with an island series. I hope you enjoy your new spa. Please post pictures when you get it.

Thanks Tiny, I have to admit that you have made an as exceptional choice as I did because you have not only WET TESTED those spas that brought you interests but narrowed it down by going back and RETESTED them to find the one that you and your love one('s) (I presume your love one('s) as you said We) preferred. It is a madder of taste and preferences this is why wet testing is so important.

Cheers to you, your family and all those that may benefit from there enjoyable "séjour" in your spas.

So we went back to Pacific dealer and bought the Calypso

You have followed a shopping process that should give you confidence in your decision. Congratulations. Live long and soak often.

Thank you Tom, and I hopping that others will follow before doing what I almost did which is to purchase before even WET TESTING and believe it was close.

With this said ( and never enough) only then can one make a proper decision on there needs and expectation. So yes and YES I have made a confident move. This is because of the inspiration that I got from this site ( WET TEST).

Cheers to you all. **** I must be getting drunk from all those cheers. LOL!

People I have to make a confession. :huh:

I have to apologize to any of the people that I may have offended in my postings toward my opinions of purchasing of a spas.

When you are in a process of testing and purchasing a spas you are somewhat hight on adrenaline and may post things that may offend others that may or have purchased without knowing you did. So for that I sincerely apologize for doing.

Putting all that aside I hope that I may have contributed to someone to be more vigilant in it purchase of a Spas.

Love you all :wub: for your support.