Marquis Person Here To Help

Marquis Man

Thank you for the info on the the spinning jets. :D We will call our dealer to see to how to get those replaced as they have to come out anyway to replace the pump. Now if you can only get the seats to run the jets on the back, legs and feet at the same I would be really happy!

No problem just replace them will less comfortable smaller jets that offer less therapy and your set. Oh and by way next time you visit a massage pay double or triple the price and a 4 to 6 hands to work you instead of the way it is normally done deep therapy one muscle group at a time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the info on the the spinning jets. :D We will call our dealer to see to how to get those replaced as they have to come out anyway to replace the pump. Now if you can only get the seats to run the jets on the back, legs and feet at the same I would be really happy!

No problem just replace them will less comfortable smaller jets that offer less therapy and your set. Oh and by way next time you visit a massage pay double or triple the price and a 4 to 6 hands to work you instead of the way it is normally done deep therapy one muscle group at a time.

Your opinion - not mine. Glad you like them as is. BTW my best friend is a massage therapist - I get mine for free! :lol:

I asked a simple question in the beginning and he was a little rude, now when he obviously has had too much Marquis Kool-aid to drink and started believing the poop Marquis execs were shoveling he starts claiming I dont know anything about spas.

Anyone in the hot tub industry who hasnt been brain washed by one manufacturer knows circ pumps are more cost effective then spas without. Yes a lang pump is probably the #1 rated warranty items for most spas that sell it, but between the less wear and tear on the larger pumps that would kick on and off to heat the spa .5 degrees and the 1000watts that larger pump is pulling by itself to heat the spa one degree I think you have a problem.

Not to mention adding spafrog to your spas was the dumbest thing I have ever seen...bromine instead of chlorine...I dare anyone who doesnt know the difference between the two to not only read about it but smell the two. What are you really doing besides taking away the floating brominator? Paired with your ozone which most spa people who believe in ozone will tell you the only way to use ozone efficently is to combine it with a circulation system atleast breaking down some of the gas inside the spa before ruining your cover.

Not to mention controls facing the inside of the spa, which maybe marquis doing something special has figured out how to ensure the inside of your digital display doesnt get moist and hard to read...and ensuring that your ozone is tearing it apart for years to come.

Pillows need to be replaced sometimes...they are still nice to have.

Jets that dont move? I understand moving jets can need to be replaced too, but now your just taking the fun out of owning a hot tub....why cant owning a hot tub be fun? Because Marquis doesnt believe spas should be fun, they believe they should be dull, boring and pillowless.

I came to this thread with no ill-will towards Marquis just trying to gain knowledge about the spa itself...but you keep taking shots against me...well I will now forever understand people who work for Marquis are as basic in the mind set as your developers are in your spa.

Not to mention controls facing the inside of the spa, which maybe marquis doing something special has figured out how to ensure the inside of your digital display doesnt get moist and hard to read...and ensuring that your ozone is tearing it apart for years to come.

I've never seen a Marquis spa close up, but from the pictures on their web site I can't see much of a difference in control panel placement between Marquis and Hot Spring or most of the other big brands (the orientation itself is irrelevant). My Sundance tub's panel was more towards the outside, but was always soaked. I can't see how an inch or two one way or the other makes much of a difference, they're all going to get wet. It seems like the controller itself, sealed properly, would be more important.

look at sundance towards outside, forms it shell to form a barrier from controls to water...just like most spas...marquis doesnt. Hot springs puts cheap aux control on inside for easy use for customer, but keeps main controls outside tub itself.

I do like how Hot Spring has the control panel where you can access it without opening the cover - that looks really useful. I often want to check the spa to make sure it's running, check the temp, etc., and with Hot Spring you can do all that just by looking at it.

My Sundance spa may have had the "lip", I don't remember. But I do remember that I could often hardly read the temperature on the LED screen because of all the water spots on it, so it wasn't exactly dry. I guess I splash a lot.

look at sundance towards outside, forms it shell to form a barrier from controls to water...just like most spas...marquis doesnt. Hot springs puts cheap aux control on inside for easy use for customer, but keeps main controls outside tub itself.

Your traveling vagabond, You admit you know very little about a product but you do what MOST EVERY traveling conman errrr salesman does spew half truths and spin tales to promote what ever your trying to make a buck off for the next few days. I am working with some guys right who are old Sundance folks and they have told me they can't believe.... no ...I am going to to stop there as I am not going to turn this into something it should not be but please if your not up to date about a product than keep your opinion to things you actually know about. Telling tales about a 8 year old story like a employees buying a company which is a huge plus by the way but as it is so old it is useless to talk about it now. But if that's the best you got it makes sense that's why you travel god forbid you have to look the person in the eye down the road when your pearls of wisdom your shared turn into empty holes.

Your opinion - not mine. Glad you like them as is. BTW my best friend is a massage therapist - I get mine for free! :lol:

Its nice to have friends, How many give you a massage is it only one or several ?... ;)

Anyone in the hot tub industry who hasnt been brain washed by one manufacturer knows circ pumps are more cost effective then spas without. Yes a lang pump is probably the #1 rated warranty items for most spas that sell it, but between the less wear and tear on the larger pumps that would kick on and off to heat the spa .5 degrees and the 1000watts that larger pump is pulling by itself to heat the spa one degree I think you have a problem.

If everything were equal, then running an 85W pump for 24 hours a day will use the same amount of energy as running a 1000W pump for 2 hours a day. 24 * 85 / 1000 almost equals 2.

Of course, everything isn't quite equal.

On a Marquis, then the pump runs in low speed, for either heating or filtering, how many Watts does the pump use? How much of the power is put back into the water as heat? I suspect that 1000W is too much, but I don't know.

Now, let's do a quick calculation. 85W * 24 hours each day is 2.040 KWh each day.

Standard for Marquis is 2 hours twice a day on low for filter. This is 4 hours a day.

SmartClean filters 1 hour after each use. Let's say 1 hour each day.

Every 30 minutes, in standard mode, the temperature of the spa water is checked by turning on the pump at low power for 2 minutes. That's 96 minutes a day. Probably a few extra minutes for heating the water when the temperature is too low.

That's a total of 4 1/2 - 5 hours/day. So if running the pump in low speed uses 400W or less, then Marquis comes out ahead. If running the pump in low power uses more than 400W, then the Marquis loses the race.

85 * 24 / 5 is about 400, just to complete the explanation.

I'm considering buying a Marquis, but I'm still a bit concerned about energy use. I understand why they are not yet listed with the California Energy Commision, though I wish that they were. They have done some of the tests, but disagree with the CEC's current standards.

It is cheaper to build a tub without a circ pump. That is why manufacters build them. Marquis used to use circ pumps. Then they stopped. When you use the first pump to filter the water it does put wear on the motor on the pump. There is a lot going on in the motor with the switches and such. Why does all of the top manufacter off the circ pumps? Most of my repairs on tubs are pump one......imagine that.

It is cheaper to build a tub without a circ pump. That is why manufacters build them. Marquis used to use circ pumps. Then they stopped. When you use the first pump to filter the water it does put wear on the motor on the pump. There is a lot going on in the motor with the switches and such. Why does all of the top manufacter off the circ pumps? Most of my repairs on tubs are pump one......imagine that.

This a false statement, Circ pumps fail much more than a large 56 frame pump, also lets not forget about water turn over, you have a small circ pump that if everything is absolutely perfect will filter 6 to 8 gallons of water per minute and will not break the surface tension of the water, test this for yourself drop a piece of thread into a spa with a small circ pump and come back in a week and see if its not still floating on the surface, if the main pump have not been turned on you will find it there, using a larger 56 pump or you can filter on low speed about 65 gallons of water per minute. Both systems have upsides and downsides but energy efficiently and the lasting of pumps are NOT the credible reasons. I mean there are so many things the traveling circus clowns sometimes referred to as salesman want to discuss if it fits their agenda for that week but forget about telling customers that a Marquis has a transferable warranty, that the cabinet warranty is for 7 years and unlike a Sundance or others it actually protects the owner for things like fading and warping, cracking the things that ACTAULY MAY occur in the backyard and do NOT have loop hole to call them weathering and exclude them from coverage. Or like a heater that while many love to tout about a 5 year no fault heater warranty on their spa and seem to get giddy that's it no fault, Marquis is no fault on the heater, motors, controls, the whole pack. I mean you could on and on but the bottom line is top to bottom Marquis is as good as any tub on the market.

This a false statement, Circ pumps fail much more than a large 56 frame pump, also lets not forget about water turn over, you have a small circ pump that if everything is absolutely perfect will filter 6 to 8 gallons of water per minute and will not break the surface tension of the water, test this for yourself drop a piece of thread into a spa with a small circ pump and come back in a week and see if its not still floating on the surface, if the main pump have not been turned on you will find it there, using a larger 56 pump or you can filter on low speed about 35 gallons of water per minute. Both systems have upsides and downsides but energy efficiently and the lasting of pumps are NOT the credible reasons. I mean there are so many things the traveling circus clowns sometimes referred to as salesman want to discuss if it fits their agenda for that week but forget about telling customers that a Marquis has a transferable warranty, that the cabinet warranty is for 7 years and unlike a Sundance or others it actually protects the owner for things like fading and warping, cracking the things that ACTAULY MAY occur in the backyard and do have loop hole to call them weathering and exclude them from coverage. Or like a heater that while many love to tout about a 5 year no fault heater warranty on their spa and seem to get giddy that's it no fault, Marquis is no fault on the heater, motors, controls, the whole pack. I mean you could on and on but the bottom line is top to bottom Marquis is as good as any tub on the market.

get out of the 90's..... the GE circ pumps are filtering up to 50 gpm.......at less than 1amp. I am not a traveling salesman. I am a store that sells both type of spas. All I am saying is that the tubs that have the circ pumps in my stores stay cleaner.....and the ones in the customers yards I have less pump related service calls.

I don't believe there's a whole lot of the tiny circ pumps (or fish pumps I call 'em) left in the industry if that's what you're comparing them to. Even back when I was working for Beachcomber, we had a .6amp circ that filtered 42,000 gallons of water per day. I highly recommend the use of a "good" circ pump as part of quality filtering in a spa. Even running 24/7, they filter more, extend the life of the jet pumps, are more efficient and provide better water quality. I don't see a down side to a good circ system??

If a circ pump doesn't break the surface tension, why have it? Those are a useless POS...

Steve

I don't believe there's a whole lot of the tiny circ pumps (or fish pumps I call 'em) left in the industry if that's what you're comparing them to. Even back when I was working for Beachcomber, we had a .6amp circ that filtered 42,000 gallons of water per day. I highly recommend the use of a "good" circ pump as part of quality filtering in a spa. Even running 24/7, they filter more, extend the life of the jet pumps, are more efficient and provide better water quality. I don't see a down side to a good circ system??

If a circ pump doesn't break the surface tension, why have it? Those are a useless POS...

Steve

steve,

Those fish pumps as you call them are what Hot Springs uses and what you'll find on much of the Sundance line and on the Artisan line, Caldera lines among many others, I agree with you about the new larger pumps but I do not think you can all those a circ pump well you can but those are of a newer generation that were an acknowledgement of the smaller unit short comings.

get out of the 90's..... the GE circ pumps are filtering up to 50 gpm.......at less than 1amp. I am not a traveling salesman. I am a store that sells both type of spas. All I am saying is that the tubs that have the circ pumps in my stores stay cleaner.....and the ones in the customers yards I have less pump related service calls.

It is all the makers who are still using the small 6 to 8 gpm circ that you need to get out of 90's. I agree that the use of what many are calling a circ pump that is moving 35 gpm and more are a great way to go, however will they pass the new CEC ? time will tell. My comment was directed at the small circ pumps which for me I would rather take a high quality large 56 pump and filter on low speed with that, than rely on the little 6 to 8 gpm circ that many use, which are much more plentiful than those who are using the Hi Flow circ pumps.

easygoer13-Obviously you sell Marquis, I am so sorry to have offended your less than elite spa you have in your showroom. Do I sell spas on the road? yes-I make more money in 6 months then you make all year and I dont have to test any water. You can hate on us road dogs all ya want, we have sold more spas then you ever will considering we average about 40-50 spas per month. It allows me to see alot more spas and what customers and companies are doing differently. Now the reason I mentioned your buy out was only because you took away circ pumps when that happened. Jacuzzi was just bought out this year, who cares. I started out in a Sundance showroom and hated road guys same as you, I remember my first few months on road I still believed Sundance could not go wrong, then after seeing more and more spas I saw that companies did not do things to so much help the customer but to sell more spas. Circ pumps are not used in Marquis because they want to be an elite level spa with something different then hot springs d1 and sundance. Problem is the three best spa companies in the industry use those pumps for a reason...cleaner water, less cost to run, less problems with more expensive parts down the road. Large pumps cost more because they do draw 1000watts on low and take longer to heat the water then with just a circ pump. Does Marquis use Ozone? How do they break down any of the ozone before entering the water without a circ pump? Seems like they using old technology. I wont even equip a non circ pumped spa with an ozone for the simple reason it will just destroy the cover faster and do very little if anything for chemicals. Spa Frog is something to help sell Marquis...TO DEALERS. Having exclusive chemical features is a pitch for dealers because it improves chemical sales. Why have your customers use Bromine? Considering its the most allergetic chemical made...how do you explain the itching your customers are getting? Maybe one of the same reasons they bought the spa? When selling hot springs d1 and sundance everyone of my customers has my personal cell number. I look forward to seeing my customers year after year, actually today an Envoy customer of mine bought me lunch and brought it to me who I sold last year when I was in Buffalo...here is an idea, rather then name calling, just get an application for the place who sells d1 sundance or hot springs and you dont have to fight the uphill battle of asking for high dollars for mediocre spas.

easygoer13-Obviously you sell Marquis, I am so sorry to have offended your less than elite spa you have in your showroom. Do I sell spas on the road? yes-I make more money in 6 months then you make all year and I dont have to test any water. You can hate on us road dogs all ya want, we have sold more spas then you ever will considering we average about 40-50 spas per month. It allows me to see alot more spas and what customers and companies are doing differently. Now the reason I mentioned your buy out was only because you took away circ pumps when that happened. Jacuzzi was just bought out this year, who cares. I started out in a Sundance showroom and hated road guys same as you, I remember my first few months on road I still believed Sundance could not go wrong, then after seeing more and more spas I saw that companies did not do things to so much help the customer but to sell more spas. Circ pumps are not used in Marquis because they want to be an elite level spa with something different then hot springs d1 and sundance. Problem is the three best spa companies in the industry use those pumps for a reason...cleaner water, less cost to run, less problems with more expensive parts down the road. Large pumps cost more because they do draw 1000watts on low and take longer to heat the water then with just a circ pump. Does Marquis use Ozone? How do they break down any of the ozone before entering the water without a circ pump? Seems like they using old technology. I wont even equip a non circ pumped spa with an ozone for the simple reason it will just destroy the cover faster and do very little if anything for chemicals. Spa Frog is something to help sell Marquis...TO DEALERS. Having exclusive chemical features is a pitch for dealers because it improves chemical sales. Why have your customers use Bromine? Considering its the most allergetic chemical made...how do you explain the itching your customers are getting? Maybe one of the same reasons they bought the spa? When selling hot springs d1 and sundance everyone of my customers has my personal cell number. I look forward to seeing my customers year after year, actually today an Envoy customer of mine bought me lunch and brought it to me who I sold last year when I was in Buffalo...here is an idea, rather then name calling, just get an application for the place who sells d1 sundance or hot springs and you dont have to fight the uphill battle of asking for high dollars for mediocre spas.

You don't know me so watch you mouth, What I do not like is anyone who speaks about things like an authority when it is only to suit their personal agenda and like all traveling carneys which that is all you are, You lack the ability to speak credibly about anything using examples or facts you just spew your opinions as they were gospel. Never did you address or even attempt to refute anything I said all you did was brag about how much money you make, hummm lets see that would come from very the unknowing consumer who listens to your lies as they are told with passion and conviction in much the same way as the snake oil salesman of the old west. Put any of the spas you mentioned in side by side test and see top to bottom who comes out on top. so go and count your pennies and try and forget about all of those you just took advantage and hope that the next bus comes quickly to take your next road show and the promises of more riches and as far considering another brand I would not take a step backwards to the lesser quailty products that you mention, actually there fine tubs but certainly no better as a whole than Marquis. Oh and by the way you incredibly slow minded soul the frog is available in many spas and they are private labeled for leisure time.

Steve

steve,

Those fish pumps as you call them are what Hot Springs uses and what you'll find on much of the Sundance line and on the Artisan line, Caldera lines among many others, I agree with you about the new larger pumps but I do not think you can all those a circ pump well you can but those are of a newer generation that were an acknowledgement of the smaller unit short comings.

Those circ pumps I spoke of were when I managed a Beachcomber store here back in the late 90's. Not exactly what I would consider "newer generation" now. I guess some companies are bit slower to come around as the fish pumps have zero benefit to the end user. The need for clean up cycles and added circulation for filtering from a jet pump are still required on those models utilizing the fish pumps so they become redundant really.

Steve

There are many ways to filter water in a hot tub. It all does basically the same thing but there are different ways to get there. The small circ pumps do only part of the filtering but are very efficient in heating and delivering ozone, if you have it. Either a two speed pump with other filter media such as the Sundance 700 series or all the other pumps such as HotSpring do the rest of the filtering (probably the majority). They may be fish pumps, but they do a good job with what they do and they are easy and inexpensive to change. Marquis eliminated their circ pump in 2003, I believe, probably because small circ pumps only last so long and need to be replaced and rely just on the two speed pump to do all the filtering and deliver heat and ozone. There are good points to their thinking and the system works well. Most spas have filtered this way for years.

The high flow circ pumps that Sundance and others have gone to are a totally different method than the small circ pumps. With these they separate filtering from therapy. All the filtering,heating and ozone delivery is done by the larger high flow pump and it can turn more water over more efficiently in a day than any of the other systems.

I think the popularity of ozone was instrumental in the heavy use of circ pumps. All the systems work...you just have to decide what system works best for you.

Tony,

That's well said and much like what I mentioned in earlier posts, I did state that for me personally I would rather have the larger 56 frame pump filtering than the small circ pumps and again like you. I mentioned that both ways can work. It is just that when you get people stating things that are untrue or to suit this weeks story it what bothers me. I am wondering what CEC is going to go with and if the new larger circ pumps now being used are going to meet their code. I think many makers are still waiting to find out what the uniform policy will be as of now it is still not clear.

Those circ pumps I spoke of were when I managed a Beachcomber store here back in the late 90's. Not exactly what I would consider "newer generation" now. I guess some companies are bit slower to come around as the fish pumps have zero benefit to the end user. The need for clean up cycles and added circulation for filtering from a jet pump are still required on those models utilizing the fish pumps so they become redundant really.

Steve

Steve,

Yes that's why I mentioned that the larger circ pumps came around to make up for all of the smaller pumps short comings. Beachcomber may have them in the 90's, Sundance just started using them last year on limited models and I am sure there are others who use them but as of now the small unit is far and away most widely in use. I still think the CEC is going to play a big role in what ultimately will be "industry standard".

You don't know me so watch you mouth, What I do not like is anyone who speaks about things like an authority when it is only to suit their personal agenda and like all traveling carneys which that is all you are, You lack the ability to speak credibly about anything using examples or facts you just spew your opinions as they were gospel. Never did you address or even attempt to refute anything I said all you did was brag about how much money you make, hummm lets see that would come from very the unknowing consumer who listens to your lies as they are told with passion and conviction in much the same way as the snake oil salesman of the old west. Put any of the spas you mentioned in side by side test and see top to bottom who comes out on top. so go and count your pennies and try and forget about all of those you just took advantage and hope that the next bus comes quickly to take your next road show and the promises of more riches and as far considering another brand I would not take a step backwards to the lesser quailty products that you mention, actually there fine tubs but certainly no better as a whole than Marquis. Oh and by the way you incredibly slow minded soul the frog is available in many spas and they are private labeled for leisure time.

One person in this conversation holds bias to a brand, thats you. I sell everything and will never make nor lose a sale for what I type on this board. I have never claimed Marquis was not a good spa, I have just explained the benefits of the circ pump which the top three manufacturers use. A man named Tom who opened the first spa store in Colorado over 30 years ago added a brand without a circ pump and in exact words explained to me that "Even though it costs more to run I wont have to keep replacing the circ pumps"....now I have even admitted it goes out frequently...but you somehow fail to agree with EVERYONE who doesnt wear blinders to other manufacturers and has been mind washed by one brand-spas using circ pumps cost less and are easier to manage...do the pumps fail more frequently-yes....does using a 56 frame pump less in an on off standpoint to heat the water wear on pump more....OFCOURSE. You can call me a carny, I call myself a carny. I just choose to have teeth and dress nice. You can make fun of my traveling profession, but dont pretend that just because I sell different brands does not mean I mislead my customers. I like you sell my product, you mislead this board when you try to keep Marquis in a quality competition with d1 sundance and hot springs.