Need Large Entertainment Spa: Recommendations?

WooBah

Okay, I have been back and forth about spas, spa dealers, and types of spas. I think I went about this the wrong way. I should have narrowed my spa choices to my needs. Well, that is what I have now done. Also, in talking to various Dealers, I have come to respect their knowledge about their products. So, I am now understanding what many Dealers on this forum have been talking about in regards to service and help. :D

So, here is what I am looking for: A large spa, seating for seven to eight Adults in comfort, a spa for entertainment purposes, not therapy. This spa will be a social gathering place. So comfortable seating is a must. I am wonering if bench seating (if there is such a thing) is the way to go, not sure though as I am a spa novice, and the vast majority of spas have contured seating. So please offer opinions. :)

The main factor whether it is contured seating or bench seating is comfort and room. Again, this spa is for social gatherings and entertaintment. As far as Jets go, not that big a deal for me. I need just enough to get the job done in terms of water flow, bubbles, and fun!

I know there are a lot of Delears on this Forum, so here is your chance to plug one of your products, or if you do not have a spa that meets my needs, a chance to show your service by recommending another spa from a competing manufacturer. As you can tell, I will gladly buy from a Dealer if I can find the right spa.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have been back and forth about spas, spa dealers, and types of spas. I think I went about this the wrong way. I should have narrowed my spa choices to my needs. Well, that is what I have now done. Also, in talking to various Dealers, I have come to respect their knowledge about their products. So, I am now understanding what many Dealers on this forum have been talking about in regards to service and help. :D

So, here is what I am looking for: A large spa, seating for seven to eight Adults in comfort, a spa for entertainment purposes, not therapy. This spa will be a social gathering place. So comfortable seating is a must. I am wonering if bench seating (if there is such a thing) is the way to go, not sure though as I am a spa novice, and the vast majority of spas have contured seating. So please offer opinions. :)

The main factor whether it is contured seating or bench seating is comfort and room. Again, this spa is for social gatherings and entertaintment. As far as Jets go, not that big a deal for me. I need just enough to get the job done in terms of water flow, bubbles, and fun!

I know there are a lot of Delears on this Forum, so here is your chance to plug one of your products, or if you do not have a spa that meets my needs, a chance to show your service by recommending another spa from a competing manufacturer. As you can tell, I will gladly buy from a Dealer if I can find the right spa.

Thanks for any help.

First of all, based on what you're saying I'd go with a non-lounge spa (I'd go with bench seating though some conour seating may be ok), 38" deep spa and 7½' square or so. Go to the websites for Sundance, Hot Spring, D1, Caldera, Arctic, Marquis, Jacuzzi and others. See what they have to offer. There are many that may fit the bill like Hot Springs Grandee, Marquis Epic, Sundance Maxxus, Caldera Niagara, Jacuzzi 470, etc.

First of all, based on what you're saying I'd go with a non-lounge spa (I'd go with bench seating though some conour seating may be ok), 38" deep spa and 7½' square or so. Go to the websites for Sundance, Hot Spring, D1, Caldera, Arctic, Marquis, Jacuzzi and others. See what they have to offer. There are many that may fit the bill like Hot Springs Grandee, Marquis Epic, Sundance Maxxus, Caldera Niagara, Jacuzzi 470, etc.

Catalina is an awsome entertainment hot tub I think

I agree, a large non-lounge spa, 7' to 8' square. Shop around for the best deal. You should be able to get what you want for around 8 to 10 grand.

Thanks for any help.

Have you looked into an inground custom? build it to your specs features like vanishing edges very social.

Down east spas make the east hampton but imo it is not very well made

Think about a Beachcomber 580LE Seats eight comfortable seats large footwell, easy entry. Full foam insulation. Cheap to run. There is a factory special on this tub with a surround sound system, LED lightin and a great guarentee for under 9000 delived. Check it out at www.beachcomberhottubs.com :)

Check out the Down East Spas by Master Spas. The East Hampton is 8x10 w/ mostly bench seating.

I do not like anything that has to do with Master spas. However for what this person is looking for it is probably a reasonable option . If at all possible I would see if someone could lose a leg or maybe 2 and look elsewhere besides Master but if no one is willing than, You might want to look at the above mentioned spa. (please forgive me lord for even suggesting someone consider a Master) :unsure:

Well, since you asked, here's my plug:

HotSpring Grandee

Seats 7-8 comfortably. I have one customer who had 17 people in his Grandee at a Halloween party. When I asked him how he got that many people in his spa, he replied "When nobody's wearin' bathin' suits, you can sit a lot closer together."

Musta been some kind of party! :D

Terminator

I do not like anything that has to do with Master spas. However for what this person is looking for it is probably a reasonable option . If at all possible I would see if someone could lose a leg or maybe 2 and look elsewhere besides Master but if no one is willing than, You might want to look at the above mentioned spa. (please forgive me lord for even suggesting someone consider a Master) :unsure:

Most reasonable people agree that Master builds a nice spa :D

Most reasonable people agree that Master builds a nice spa :D

Personally, I got a chance to check out a couple Master spas last weekend and wasn't very impressed. I wouldn't want to push my opinion on anyone as it's just that, my opinion, but we've all got them so I wouldn't think him to be unreasonable just because he's not a Master fan as it wasn't an all-out slam.

There's going to be a big multi-brand spa sale next week in East Texas. Funny, but the advertising manager of the mall (who owns a HotSpring Sovereign) told me that it is being sponsored by Master Spa. I guess I'll mosey over and check out Master and ALL the other brands that are going to be there. I feel somewhat sleighted as they did not ask us to participate. Maybe since the closest Master Spa dealer is 2 hours away they didn't realize we were right here in the community where we've been for 21 years.

Can't wait to see them!

Terminator

Are you going to show up with the gun in your photo? *grin*

That one's a little hard to conceal! :D

I'm just going for a walkabout on my day off to take a look at ALL the different spa brands available on the market. Since I've never set foot in any of my competitors' stores, I just think it would be interesting to see some Jacuzzis, Sundances, D-1's, Marquis, Masters, Artesians, Colemans, Phoenix Premiums, Sunbelts, Morgans, Aries, CalSpas, Bullfrawgs, Vitas, Hawkeyes, Calderas, Catalinas, Dynasties, Royals, Hydrospas, Gulf Coasts, Beachcombers, Arctics, Hydropools, SeaMonkies, Crawdaddies, and other brands that I haven't seen up close. I'm sure most, if not ALL of them, will surely be there.

I'll be sure to write about it for ya'll.

Terminator

There's going to be a big multi-brand spa sale next week in East Texas. Funny, but the advertising manager of the mall (who owns a HotSpring Sovereign) told me that it is being sponsored by Master Spa.

$20 says it's Master and their secondary brand Down East and that's it (maybe a SoftTub or some other low level brand that they're not concerned with competing against). That's the fake "multi-brand" show they put on around the country to trick people into thinking they'll be able to go there and see various spa options from varios countries. It's a shame they have to go down that road as they shouldn't have to reosrt to things like that or those crazy rebates.

The Devil you say! That sounds somewhat unethical to me, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned like that and out of touch with the "modern" business models.

When we have a sale, we advertise "HotSpring Spa Sale" and that is usually enough to bring customers in. I'm just going to go and hope for the best as I'd really like to see ALL those different brands, or at least most of them.

Terminator

The Devil you say! That sounds somewhat unethical to me, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned like that and out of touch with the "modern" business models.

When we have a sale, we advertise "HotSpring Spa Sale" and that is usually enough to bring customers in. I'm just going to go and hope for the best as I'd really like to see ALL those different brands, or at least most of them.

Terminator

Is there a website for this show? If so it should state who's going to be there. If it doesn't, I wonder if it isn't the old hidden ball trick.

Is there a website for this show? If so it should state who's going to be there. If it doesn't, I wonder if it isn't the old hidden ball trick.

I went to www.poolandspashow.com and when I clicked on the Vendor button, all I got was a request for my personal information. I looked all over the website but couldn't find any references to any brands. They had a pretty picture montage of spas, but they ALL had logos of a little squiggly blue "M" with a circle around it. The little "M" probably stands for "Multiple Brands" is my best guess.

Terminator

I went to www.poolandspashow.com and when I clicked on the Vendor button, all I got was a request for my personal information. I looked all over the website but couldn't find any references to any brands. They had a pretty picture montage of spas, but they ALL had logos of a little squiggly blue "M" with a circle around it. The little "M" probably stands for "Multiple Brands" is my best guess.

Terminator

Yup, that the Master show, errr, the Pool and Spa show. The only spas you'll see there are Master. If you go ask them about who'll service the spas.

Yup, that the Master show, errr, the Pool and Spa show. The only spas you'll see there are Master. If you go ask them about who'll service the spas.

I did talk to a fella at the State Fair of Texas last year who was working at a Master Spa booth. He told me they travel around the country selling spas and when I asked him who would service a spa in East Texas, he said the Dallas dealer 2 hours away would, no problem. He had a tank top on and was wearing very sharp sandals. The tank top showed off all of his cool tatoos and he had some really unique piercings, too. That would be nice if he is at this upcoming show as I would like to see him again and get our picture made together. I truly enjoy meeting different spa industry professionals and picking up sales tips from them.

Terminator

I did talk to a fella at the State Fair of Texas last year who was working at a Master Spa booth. He told me they travel around the country selling spas and when I asked him who would service a spa in East Texas, he said the Dallas dealer 2 hours away would, no problem. He had a tank top on and was wearing very sharp sandals. The tank top showed off all of his cool tatoos and he had some really unique piercings, too. That would be nice if he is at this upcoming show as I would like to see him again and get our picture made together. I truly enjoy meeting different spa industry professionals and picking up sales tips from them.

Terminator

Oh, so the master dealer hires people from another country to run the show so that it can be warrantied?

That "spa show" will have Master, Down East, and maybe some other junk that doesn't compete directly against Master/Down East - like Freeflow and/or Softub. To cover themselves - and their false advertising - they may have a few old used basket-case tubs from Hot Springs, Sundance, Coleman, Jacuzzi, etc... These will all be old garbage they've hauled away when deliverying new spas. That way, when customers ask, "Hey, where are the Hot Springs/Sundance/Coleman/Jacuzzi spas I heard about in your ad?", the salesman will point to the pile of rotted, garbage spas and say, "There they are, take your pick, $99 each."

Now that Master can no longer get away with lying to people, by telling them they'll get their money back in 3 years, their only way to compete is to lie to get them "in the door" in the first place. In many areas, Master "dealers" have even stopped using the Master name in their radio ads, because more and more consumers are aware (as they should be by now) how deceptive a company they are. The name has quickly gone from a help to a hinderance, and they are losing dealers (especially ethical ones) at an alarming rate.

The fact that Master spent years lying to people to sell spas, and is now lying to people just to get them to come and listen to their slimball saleskids, should really tell all consumers something.

I do give Master credit for one idea, though. They clearly have realized that it is impossible for them to compete on a level playing field. Therefore, they waste NO time playing fair, and simply continually work on new ways to cheat. They must have full time people at the factory (called Materbaiters) working on newer and better ways to trick customers into buying all the time. Yep, they'd have to in order to come up with scam after scam after scam.

That "spa show" will have Master, Down East, and maybe some other junk that doesn't compete directly against Master/Down East - like Freeflow and/or Softub. To cover themselves - and their false advertising - they may have a few old used basket-case tubs from Hot Springs, Sundance, Coleman, Jacuzzi, etc... These will all be old garbage they've hauled away when deliverying new spas. That way, when customers ask, "Hey, where are the Hot Springs/Sundance/Coleman/Jacuzzi spas I heard about in your ad?", the salesman will point to the pile of rotted, garbage spas and say, "There they are, take your pick, $99 each."

Now that Master can no longer get away with lying to people, by telling them they'll get their money back in 3 years, their only way to compete is to lie to get them "in the door" in the first place. In many areas, Master "dealers" have even stopped using the Master name in their radio ads, because more and more consumers are aware (as they should be by now) how deceptive a company they are. The name has quickly gone from a help to a hinderance, and they are losing dealers (especially ethical ones) at an alarming rate.

The fact that Master spent years lying to people to sell spas, and is now lying to people just to get them to come and listen to their slimball saleskids, should really tell all consumers something.

I do give Master credit for one idea, though. They clearly have realized that it is impossible for them to compete on a level playing field. Therefore, they waste NO time playing fair, and simply continually work on new ways to cheat. They must have full time people at the factory (called Materbaiters) working on newer and better ways to trick customers into buying all the time. Yep, they'd have to in order to come up with scam after scam after scam.

Now that is a tree hugging perplexing pestamistic perfect perspective that produces plentiful painful pragmatic problems.

Wow Mr. Gillman, that's great information and I appreciate you sharing it with us. I had my suspicions that it was a somewhat shady outfit, but I sure had no idea it was downright dirty.

I'm just going to have to go and see this for myself. I will certainly be in disguise as I have become too recognizable in the hot tub world and can no longer travel incognito due to my famousnesseness.

Terminator