High Quality Spa Audio System

aviator

Being totally happy with my 2007 HS Jetsetter II, the only thing missing is an audio system. I read the posts about using wireless speakers and searched the marine equipment manufacturer's websites. The only problem with those solutions is, that my neighbours are close and you have to turn the volume up quite a bit to have a decent sound in the spa. Does anybody know about hq aftermarket spa audio systems like the HS SpAudio (not offered for the Jetsetter) or any option I haven't thought about? Installement in the spa or the wooden deck would be possible. Don't worry about power, I can supply what is needed (12/115/240V).

Apologies for my english. It's not my native language.

Thank you in advance for your input!

jet9.jpg

my neighbours are close and you have to turn the volume up quite a bit to have a decent sound in the spa. img]http://www.thewaves.cc/oli/jet9.jpg[/img]

Just some food for thought. We have a stereo in the spa and you cannot hear it when the jets are running. Neighbors are very close and we always have to watch sound levels. Only difference is that one can feel the bass a little better from an in-spa unit. Good luck.

Here are some ideas:

'Zon' system

Expensive, high-end system for the whole house, including outdoors.

Outdoor speakers

There are dozens of these available - you could put the power source near the spa in an enclosure, or in the house and run wires. Either way, allow for a remote - which can be put into a zip-lock bag and used in the spa.

One good power amp

With a power amp such as this,

h580m282-f.jpeg

you can use a variety of input devices from tape decks to iPods. With this one, you could put the amp into a box out of the weather under the deck somewhere, but you don't have to be able to get to it. When you plug in your iPod or other portable device, the amp senses it and powers up. Once you get the volume level into the range you like, you can control further volume changes from the iPod or other device.

Sports BoomBox

This one also plays mp3 files on disk. Not as elegant, this type of thing does work. I have folks who live on the beach who have gone through many high-dollar systems. The salt air eats them up, and after replacing expensive stuff a few times, they go buy a water-resistant boom box, or a 'sport' boom box or any type. If you get a good one, it will sound great and some have inputs for iPod. In fact, that's another option: an iPod base system:

m9867lla_125.jpg

This one can be battery powered, has a remote, and the reviews say it sounds good.

HTH

B)

Being totally happy with my 2007 HS Jetsetter II, the only thing missing is an audio system. I read the posts about using wireless speakers and searched the marine equipment manufacturer's websites. The only problem with those solutions is, that my neighbours are close and you have to turn the volume up quite a bit to have a decent sound in the spa. Does anybody know about hq aftermarket spa audio systems like the HS SpAudio (not offered for the Jetsetter) or any option I haven't thought about? Installement in the spa or the wooden deck would be possible. Don't worry about power, I can supply what is needed (12/115/240V).

jet9.jpg

Head phones for everybody. you can hear what you want while the other people do the same.

Just some food for thought. We have a stereo in the spa and you cannot hear it when the jets are running. Neighbors are very close and we always have to watch sound levels. Only difference is that one can feel the bass a little better from an in-spa unit. Good luck.

Thank you, I thought an in-spa system would provide better readability. Maybe mounting marine speakers close to the spa at ear level will be just as good and I don't have to drill holes in the spa shell :lol:

Here are some ideas:

'Zon' system

Chas, thank you for your extensive input. I like the ZON system. It's a little on the expensive side, but worth a look. I'll be in the United States (CA,NV,FL) for 4 weeks in September and will see, if I can have a look at it.

I don't like to have a boombox standing around, but have to admit that it is easy and inexpensive and might be not as bad as one would think.

Head phones for everybody. you can hear what you want while the other people do the same.

...but I couldn't hear the other people anymore :lol: Thank you.

Thank you, I thought an in-spa system would provide better readability. Maybe mounting marine speakers close to the spa at ear level will be just as good and I don't have to drill holes in the spa shell :lol:

Here are some ideas:

'Zon' system

Chas, thank you for your extensive input. I like the ZON system. It's a little on the expensive side, but worth a look. I'll be in the United States (CA,NV,FL) for 4 weeks in September and will see, if I can have a look at it.

I don't like to have a boombox standing around, but have to admit that it is easy and inexpensive and might be not as bad as one would think.

...but I couldn't hear the other people anymore :lol: Thank you.

Coming from experience"me" with a speaker at your head like in most spas you cannot hear anybody anyways.

So my idea is the best for you all the way around. try be for you say its no good.

104 degees

Coming from experience"me" with a speaker at your head like in most spas you cannot hear anybody anyways.

So my idea is the best for you all the way around. try be for you say its no good.

104 degees

Don't worry, I'll try. At least this seems to be the best quality sound closest to the ears.

But, the Jetsetter is a rather quiet (and a small) spa. Two people sitting in there can easily

talk to each other jets running.

Thank you again.

jet9.jpg

The Jetsetter is one of the few Hot Spring spas I don't have too much objection too. I have examined it and it is safe. It is more along the lines of the Classic spas from Jon Watkins.

If you buy a marine stereo and mount it in a marine box with 12V voltage converter. They can be bought on line. The buy a couple of Outdoor speakers, quality sound ones you can then play CD's , AM FM and have good frequency response with a remote. A friend of mine recommends the Bose. JBL makes a good Marine stereo head. This would cost you about $700 total and the sound is excellent.

Looks like the problem won't be solved in Germany.

I checked for a couple of items people recommended in this thread yesterday.

Boomboxes: Not a great variety to find, since the demand is rather small in my country. (not that many beaches :mellow: )

Home entertainment systems: Mostly Bose, very expensive and not too suitable.

Outdoor Speakers: My favourite solution so far (with a power amp and mp3/ipod etc. as recommended by Chas), but I'll wait for my trip to the States since a decent pair of LS is three times the money here.

As an intermediate solution I bought a pair of JBL Control 2.4G and will install prewired hook-ups close to the spa. It's kind of a hassle, but will do for now and I will have other use for those wireless speakers later.

Thank y'all for your suggestions!

Looks like the problem won't be solved in Germany.

I checked for a couple of items people recommended in this thread yesterday.

Boomboxes: Not a great variety to find, since the demand is rather small in my country. (not that many beaches :mellow: )

Home entertainment systems: Mostly Bose, very expensive and not too suitable.

Outdoor Speakers: My favourite solution so far (with a power amp and mp3/ipod etc. as recommended by Chas), but I'll wait for my trip to the States since a decent pair of LS is three times the money here.

As an intermediate solution I bought a pair of JBL Control 2.4G and will install prewired hook-ups close to the spa. It's kind of a hassle, but will do for now and I will have other use for those wireless speakers later.

Thank y'all for your suggestions!

I went through the same thing... well kind of... Had the Costco tub that had the built in Aeware stereo and since the return of the defective tub, we purchased a Pacific that didn't come with a Built-in stereo... So off to the local AV store.

Purchase some BOSE 251 (499$) and hooked them up. Was severely dissapointed in the sound. Thought that it must be cause they were mounted outside. So thought I would pick up a pair of cheap speakers from Costco (Yamaha N570)... They blew the Bose speakers out of the water... So basically the Yamaha's for 139$ outperformed the Bose by a Huge Margin.

So here's my setup:

1. Speakers: Yamaha NS-AW570

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/product...mp;CTID=5003200

2. Receiver: RX-N600

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/product...mp;CTID=5000300

3. Remote: Balboa Dolphin

http://www.smarthome.com/59700.html

The remote is waterproof and takes the RF signal from the remote and converts it to IR to control the music, inputs and even the TV.

If you buy a marine stereo and mount it in a marine box with 12V voltage converter. They can be bought on line. The buy a couple of Outdoor speakers, quality sound ones you can then play CD's , AM FM and have good frequency response with a remote. A friend of mine recommends the Bose. JBL makes a good Marine stereo head. This would cost you about $700 total and the sound is excellent.

I agree with Jim. I was looking at this unit here because you can get a floating remote with it. Only $300 for the unit, remote, and a waterproof box to mount it in. A DC converter is $50, but then you have to find a waterproof place to put it, I haven't figured out that part yet. If we ever get around to getting a spa, we're going to put it next to a privacy screen, so we'll just mount speakers at ear level on the screen. In my humble opinion, Definitive Technology makes the best speakers in the world, and they make outdoor speakers you can read about here. Pricey at $400 per pair, but great.

I agree with Jim. I was looking at this unit here because you can get a floating remote with it. Only $300 for the unit, remote, and a waterproof box to mount it in. A DC converter is $50, but then you have to find a waterproof place to put it, I haven't figured out that part yet. If we ever get around to getting a spa, we're going to put it next to a privacy screen, so we'll just mount speakers at ear level on the screen. In my humble opinion, Definitive Technology makes the best speakers in the world, and they make outdoor speakers you can read about here. Pricey at $400 per pair, but great.

I went through the same thing... well kind of... Had the Costco tub that had the built in Aeware stereo and since the return of the defective tub, we purchased a Pacific that didn't come with a Built-in stereo... So off to the local AV store.

Purchase some BOSE 251 (499$) and hooked them up. Was severely dissapointed in the sound. Thought that it must be cause they were mounted outside. So thought I would pick up a pair of cheap speakers from Costco (Yamaha N570)... They blew the Bose speakers out of the water... So basically the Yamaha's for 139$ outperformed the Bose by a Huge Margin.

So here's my setup:

1. Speakers: Yamaha NS-AW570

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/product...mp;CTID=5003200

2. Receiver: RX-N600

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/product...mp;CTID=5000300

3. Remote: Balboa Dolphin

http://www.smarthome.com/59700.html

The remote is waterproof and takes the RF signal from the remote and converts it to IR to control the music, inputs and even the TV.

Thanks for more input :rolleyes: ! Whether I use a marine stereo or a power amp will mainly depend on having a good idea how to place the amp in a dry place. I have to admit that a marine stereo would be easier to place. I like that dolphin remote since a receiver is installed in my spa already and I could use it right away.

Thanks for more input :rolleyes: ! Whether I use a marine stereo or a power amp will mainly depend on having a good idea how to place the amp in a dry place. I have to admit that a marine stereo would be easier to place. I like that dolphin remote since a receiver is installed in my spa already and I could use it right away.

I just use the main receiver from the house and connected the exterior speakers to the additional (B) output. When we go outside, switch it to the outside speakers...