Filter Cleaning

Silver1

Just wondering how often you guys clean out your filters. Mine came with a spare set so it's really no big deal to let them soak overnight.

I clean them (soaking overnight in a filter cleaning solition) once a month. I too have a spare filter that I keep clean and rotate the clean one in.

If I get a foam problem I usually pop the filter out and give it a good rinse, and put it back in, but I dont do a full cleaning.

Just wondering how often you guys clean out your filters. Mine came with a spare set so it's really no big deal to let them soak overnight.

You can clean it every day if you want to. It really depends on "bather load", how many people are using the tub? 2 people, 4 or 5 nights a week; rince it out every two to three weeks. Family of 9 rince it once a week. The filter should be degreased every 3 months when you change the water out. Some people like to soak thier filter. I prefer to use a spray. I pull the filter, spray it with degreaser and let it set, while I drain, clean, and refill the spa. When the spa is full, I rince the filter and stick it back in. I had a customer who kept a spare filter in a "soaking bucket". I had to clean his spa a few times. Orders were to take the soaking filter out of the bucket, clean it, and exchange it with the filter in the spa. Then put the pulled filter to soak in the bucket untill next time. That bucket of snot was one of the most disgusting things I have ever dealt with. I never opend that bucket but one time. however he always had a clean filter after I left. lol