Posing A Single Question

Dr. Spa

(In my best Rod Sterling voice), Imagine if you will............

You have the opportunity to ask a major university engineering department (that specializes in energy), that's in association with a large local power company, one question. The question must be relatively short, to the point, and you must assume they know nothing about what you're asking. There is no option for adding additional info to your original question. Ya basically got one shot at this.......

How would you ask.................. FF vs. TP, which is more energy efficient?

Enter, the Twilight Zone.

(In my best Rod Sterling voice), Imagine if you will............

You have the opportunity to ask a major university engineering department (that specializes in energy), that's in association with a large local power company, one question. The question must be relatively short, to the point, and you must assume they know nothing about what you're asking. There is no option for adding additional info to your original question. Ya basically got one shot at this.......

Enter, the Twilight Zone.

"Do you consider relying on excesive filtering to create "waste" heat an efficent design?"

This topic should go to the beating the dead horse area. Now.

Beating a dead horse?

That's the other website, (Where there is no arjuna, and the costco owners are sane).

This topic should go to the beating the dead horse area. Now.

No it shouldn't. This has nothing to do with discussing or arguing the question, but how to pose the question to an entire university engineering department that's might actually be qualified to to give definitive answer........ once and for all.

Quite a valid question but Im sure they would ask for perams but just for Hypo- you would have all things being equal like tub size no circ pumps etc.... I think you would get varying answers. Unless there was only one formula they would go by but how would they decide which one.

Quite a valid question but Im sure they would ask for perams but just for Hypo- you would have all things being equal like tub size no circ pumps etc.... I think you would get varying answers. Unless there was only one formula they would go by but how would they decide which one.

To many peramiters. I think everyone here (except Jim) will agree that if done right thermal pane can be as effiecient as full foam. So really who cares. There is TP done right out there and done wrong. There is FF done right out there and not. Throw a circ pump into the mix and your results will change. Bigger for TP to create waste heat as was mentioned, and smaller on FF to conserve energy.

It has been summed up several times as follows. Insulation skeem should not be one of the deciding factors in your choice as long as your choices are quality choices.

If your worried about the few pennys or even if it's a few dollars a month difference between the quality manufacturers operating cost, maybe you shouldn't be purchasing a Hot Tub!!

Now if you want to start talking mid line or value tubs we have a different answer, it becomes more important to find a good insulation skeem to save the 10-20 or 30 bucks a month it may cost more to operate those tubs.

My Question:

Who are Tong and Rogers?

(sorry...couldn't help myself)

Ding! Ding! We have our winner. :lol:

Many thosands have read my site on this and all concur that the thermally closed is far superior, but unfortunately it is much more expensive and labor intensive to build.

Then it is not more efficient, is it?

Many thosands have read my site on this and all concur that the thermally closed is far superior, but unfortunately it is much more expensive and labor intensive to build.

Because of its many advantages over full foam, it more than pays for itself. But then again why would I expect a Hot Spring sales man to even begin to understand that?

Because of its many advantages over full foam, it more than pays for itself. But then again why would I expect a Hot Spring sales man to even begin to understand that?

Where i live i think FF is better to keep the heating in winter cost down. I think FF is more work for the dealer or tec to find a leak???

You tell me??

There is not one single correct statement made in that post James. Every word you typed is 100% wrong.

There is not one single correct statement made in that post James. Every word you typed is 100% wrong.