Marquis Envy

bendite

First post.

I recently purchased a Marquis Envy. This is a new production model 2007. I purchased the 120 volt model because wiring for 240 was going to cost $1800. My price was under $4300 with an Ozonator installed. This was a floor model sale price. Unfortunately, the floor model did not come with the Constant clean upgrade so I will be using the Frog system for now.

I will be getting the Hot tub delivered tomorrow and will post an update about it's performance after a week or so.

Any other "Envy" owners out there.

Bendite

Please lets us know what you think after a few days. I am not a huge fan of round tubs so I would like to hear your thoughts.

Why dont you like round tubs.

They typically do not have good seating, usually bench style with your back straight up. I prefer to lean back a little.

Please lets us know what you think after a few days. I am not a huge fan of round tubs so I would like to hear your thoughts.

They typically do not have good seating, usually bench style with your back straight up. I prefer to lean back a little.

Thank you. This is true.

Thank you. This is true.

Its all relative you rarely float in a round spa, they are great for soaking and socializing, and also for sitting close to someone if you want to.... ;)

Thank you. This is true.

Its all relative you rarely float in a round spa, they are great for soaking and socializing, and also for sitting close to someone if you want to.... ;)

I know i was in are Crown Xl last night. the temp went to 60 outside and i had the tub at 103 :D .we sure dont use it in summer like in winter B)

104 degrees

I am still waiting for the temperature to get up over 85 degrees. 120 volt is 5 times slower than 240 according to the owners manual.

The Envy is a 250 gallon tub and without water is very light in my opinion. I was able to slide it around fairly easily on my deck after delivery. This was a nice surprise. The drain is slightly above the floor so you will need to bail about 4 gallons when draining. I made a nice bailer out of a plastic milk jug (cleaned well).

It took some time to prime the pumps, I had some sediment and Pre filter issues.

See my topic in Water Chemistry, filling and re-filing (Well owners).

First soak thoughts Marquis Envy.

Surprisingly the Envy feels smaller with water in it. I would have thought the opposite would happen. It is too small at 76" in diameter for me at 6' 200lbs. The 35" depth is very nice though.

Spamaster asked about the bench seats. You would not like these as the seats actually are not horizontal but slope downward as they go back. However, if you rest your buttocks on the front edge of the seats you can get a nice laid back position and it is comfortable to me. My tub being 120 volt power it will not heat with the jets on high. Temp is around 102- 101 degrees and my wife does not like it. The jets are fine but not my priority so take that into consideration.

This would be a great tub for 2 people that are not over 5' 8" max.

I will be looking to upgrade immediately if the dealer is generous.

Bendite

Surprisingly the Envy feels smaller with water in it. I would have thought the opposite would happen. It is too small at 76" in diameter for me at 6' 200lbs. The 35" depth is very nice though.

Spamaster asked about the bench seats. You would not like these as the seats actually are not horizontal but slope downward as they go back. However, if you rest your buttocks on the front edge of the seats you can get a nice laid back position and it is comfortable to me. Being 120 volt power it will not heat with the jets on high. Temp is around 102- 101 degrees and my wife does not like it. The jets are fine but not my priority so take that into consideration.

Bendite

The marquise web site does not have a round tub on it? is the Envy Round??

thank you 104 degrees

Spamaster asked about the bench seats. You would not like these as the seats actually are not horizontal but slope downward as they go back. However, if you rest your buttocks on the front edge of the seats you can get a nice laid back position and it is comfortable to me. Being 120 volt power it will not heat with the jets on high. Temp is around 102- 101 degrees and my wife does not like it. The jets are fine but not my priority so take that into consideration.

Bendite

thank you 104 degrees

Yes, it is round and it is on the Web site at the bottom right of the Main page. It is hard to see.

Bendite

Bendite

thank you 104 degrees

Yes, it is round and it is on the Web site at the bottom right of the Main page. It is hard to see.

Bendite

Thanks Bendite. If you like round tubs. Look at nordic's Crown XL. This is the tub i have. It has a deep seat and the tub is 40" deep. On the 220 volts your heater stays on low or high on the pump.

104 degrees

Bendite

thank you 104 degrees

Bendite

Thanks Bendite. If you like round tubs. Look at nordic's Crown XL. This is the tub i have. It has a deep seat and the tub is 40" deep. On the 220 volts your heater stays on low or high on the pump.

104 degrees

I will check it out. Thanks! I am quickly becoming a 240 volt fan even though the initial cost is high.

Bendite

Bendite

thank you 104 degrees

Bendite

104 degrees

I will check it out. Thanks! I am quickly becoming a 240 volt fan even though the initial cost is high.

Bendite

There website needs updating. The new or 07 crown xl's have perimiter lights and stanless steel jets. They also added 4 more jets. Good luck.

Second soak

Got my wife to actually join me instead of feeling the water with her hand.

It was very cozy with the 2 of us. I would say almost perfect. She changed her mind about the temperature being too cool.

I am liking the size better now, I must have felt lonely in it by myself earlier. I think we will be very happy with it when we get 240 volt power to keep it heating with the jets on high.

Bendite

Second soak

I am liking the size better now, I must have felt lonely in it by myself earlier. I think we will be very happy with it when we get 240 volt power to keep it heating with the jets on high.

Bendite

You shure will feel better. Happy soaking.

• 3 weeks later...

1 month review

Really enjoying the Marquis Envy. No problems! Perfect for my wife and I. The local Bend, Oregon Marquis dealer is Great.

The spa temp comes pre set at 102 degrees. I found out later you can up it to 104. Oh Yeah!!!

An upgrade to 160 GPM from 120 GPM pump is offered but my opinion would be, that it may be too much for this little tub. Keep in mind I have not experienced the upgrade so this is just speculation.

bendite

My first tub was a round Nordic. The tub wasn't great, but I had a lot of fun in the round hot tub. Hot water and jets are 75% of the expereince.

Great seats, and fancy jets are fantastic, but you don't need them to enjoy a nice soak. Me and my friends had a ball in the round tub. You could squeeze a bunch of folks in there, and no one was fighting over the seats (they were all the same. The tub was small enough so I could streatch out and use the opposite side as a foot stool.) There's something classic about the round hot tub that I find appealing.

So, sure round tubs can be fun. Enjoy.

1 month review

Really enjoying the Marquis Envy. No problems! Perfect for my wife and I. The local Bend, Oregon Marquis dealer is Great.

An upgrade to 160 GPM from 120 GPM pump is offered but my opinion would be, that it may be too much for this little tub. Keep in mind I have not experienced the upgrade so this is just speculation.

bendite

My local Marquis dealer quoted me the Envy for 5600 "SPECIAL PRICE" b'cos they have many in stock and wanted to "move them "...... BYE BYE Marquis !!

1 month review

bendite

My local Marquis dealer quoted me the Envy for 5600 "SPECIAL PRICE" b'cos they have many in stock and wanted to "move them "...... BYE BYE Marquis !!

Did you look at the "New Crown Xl" from Nordic.Im not a dealer but an owner,i seen the new jets and led lights they have in the tub now and it looked realy good. the tub i think is the biggest and deepest going for a round tub. If you email Nordic and ask for the "new crown xl pic" they might send it to you. There new web site is taking forever.

My tub is 84" round,40" DEEP,two foot massages with a deep seat and cool down seat.I wish i knew how to post a pic :angry:

104 degrees

Second soak

Bendite

You shure will feel better. Happy soaking.

Sounds great!! Wait till the cold weather sets in :D You will love your tub at 104 Degrees

1 month review

bendite

Marquis is made very close to where I live so my lower cost probably is a result of shipping cost's. Also I had a no upgrade model. I think you can get them to lower the price.

Have fun with the sales negotiation.

bendite

1 month review

bendite

Did you look at the "New Crown Xl" from Nordic.Im not a dealer but an owner,i seen the new jets and led lights they have in the tub now and it looked realy good. the tub i think is the biggest and deepest going for a round tub. If you email Nordic and ask for the "new crown xl pic" they might send it to you. There new web site is taking forever.

My tub is 84" round,40" DEEP,two foot massages with a deep seat and cool down seat.I wish i knew how to post a pic :angry:

104 degrees

Yes I did, you have a nice tub Crown Xl. But we do not need a deep tub. We like both Crown II & Escape Premium but have concern over insulation. Not sure if its a big deal in philadelphia area. Which state are you in and how is electric bill. I read somewhere sometime ago a nordic owner was playing with the idea of adding insulation to his tub.

The escape comes in 4 models now. you can get "full foam" only in the square tubs from Nordic.

You should email Nordic,ask for rose to see if she can send you something on the new line up. the led lights and the New style chrome jets look very nice. thay are using jets like the higher end tubs have(or look like thay have) the new tubs are alot better then whats on there web site now.

It will be worth another look.

The escape comes in 4 models now. you can get "full foam" only in the square tubs from Nordic.

You should email Nordic,ask for rose to see if she can send you something on the new line up. the led lights and the New style chrome jets look very nice. thay are using jets like the higher end tubs have(or look like thay have) the new tubs are alot better then whats on there web site now.

It will be worth another look.

All 4 in square? Have you seen them. thanks