La Spa Low End Brand ?

cop1s

Is that true that LA SPA is a low end brand ? Is that true that their jets are so cheap ?

Because I wet test one and it was very confortable , the jets were strong enough, but two guys who repair spa told me that those spas are cheap and not reliable . Some owners can confirm !!!!

If the guys are independant spa techs not working for another company that sell tubs I would strongly take their advice. Did you test the other spas you were looking at as well besides LA? Rember its your tub and your decision in the end if you feel the end decision that you make is going to be the right one the go with it. This forum is only here to offer advice in the end you have to make the decision of whats right for you.

I have had a LA Spa Heet since April, the dealer I got it from has been in business for about 30 years and they have been selling spas for the last 15 years, since 1999 they started selling LA Spas. Now surely if they were having a lot of warrenty work and complaints etc. they would of stopped selling them, and LA Spas would of gone out of business, they have been trading for about 30 years.

The warrenty I have got is of a good length and includes parts and at home labour.

Like I have said before I did a lot of research before I brought this spa, and it appears to me that the people who say bad things about them do not own one.

What I really like about this spa is that each seat does something, the seats have plenty of room, the jets are powerfull, there is a good variety of jets, there is a large foot area, the lounger has jets on the leg areas as well as the back, the volcano jet is amazing, there is a very handy step inside the spa as well, this doubles as a cool down seat and the Spa is very comfortable.

We feel the price is about right. We tried other makes some cheaper and some more expensive, we did not notice any difference to justify the extra money. In my opinion I feel that some of the other makes are overpriced, but if they are selling at that price then why would a dealer cut that price.

I feel that with LA you get real good value for money, perhaps their mark up is not as high as the other brands.

So in my opinion they are not a low end brand.

I purschased an LA Spa Concord in December 06. I have had some jets that would not spin under load, but you could seemingly spin them freely with your hand. I have since had these jets replaced and everything seems to be working properly. This is not my first spa, I owned a 93 Hot Springs Grandee that I sold to a relative 7 years ago (still working today). When my wife and I started looking for a tub in the fall of 06 we started with Hot Spring and ran the gammet. I selected the LA Spa Concord due to it's confort, features, and price. If money we no object, I would have bought the Grandee again. I feel we got a good deal and a mid range spa. Of course no one wants to admit they bought a low end anything, but I tuely feel this is not a low end spa. I will admit this, this is not a high end spa, but's it's also not a low end either. As with anything, individual tastes drive opinions, buy what works for you.

Spamaster , when you say cheap parts , you compare the LA to which brands .

The poster asked a question and I answered from what I seen on the L.A. Spas. From what I have seen the spas are not very well built. Quality cost money and they seem to put their money mostly toward eye appeal, so when they do that they have to cut corners somewhere else otherwise their tubs would cost well over 10K (retail).

I looked at their spas in Vegas last year and they look the same as they always have.

Even their website is all about eye appeal, no mention of quality products.

The poster asked a question and I answered from what I seen on the L.A. Spas. From what I have seen the spas are not very well built. Quality cost money and they seem to put their money mostly toward eye appeal, so when they do that they have to cut corners somewhere else otherwise their tubs would cost well over 10K (retail).

I looked at their spas in Vegas last year and they look the same as they always have.

So what your saying is if a tub doesnt cost 10G the company has cut corners???

Personally I wouldnt comment on construction unless I knew what products they used compared to everyone else. But LA's filtration leaves something to be desired only being mesh bags

So what your saying is if a tub doesnt cost 10G the company has cut corners???

Personally I wouldnt comment on construction unless I knew what products they used compared to everyone else. But LA's filtration leaves something to be desired only being mesh bags

No, what I am saying if you have the lights, stereo, T.V. waterfalls... and the price of the spa is under 10K they are cutting corners. They have to, you cannot have quality parts throughout the spa and all the flashy stuff and get for the 7-9K range (overage size spa).

Maybe the other spa manufacturers have a higher mark up on their spas

That might have be true 15 years ago, but these days the spa industry so competitive margins are at an all time low. 45-50 points is a thing of the past.

But their warranty is pretty good in Canada : 20 years on shell and 5 years parts and labor on other things .

Most warranty's when looked at in their total protect the maker as much as the consumer. LA spas are as one of the owners of one have said a middle of the road spa and priced as such. I would ask what is that you want in your spa, if its only about Hot water and jets with solid reliability than look at a Nordic for less dollars. Nordics warranty is OK about on par with many makers certainly not outstanding but their spas are nicely built with quality components that are used on many upper end spas, but the spa are basic but solid. For ME personally I would go upper end or something like a Nordic rather than a middle of the road unit as I do not see them as being worth the extra dollars but thats just my opinion.

Is that true that LA SPA is a low end brand ? Is that true that their jets are so cheap ?

Because I wet test one and it was very confortable , the jets were strong enough, but two guys who repair spa told me that those spas are cheap and not reliable . Some owners can confirm !!!!

Don't believe any of these friggin sales people on this forum. They also pose as shoppers and owners. Wise up. Get a list of customers who own those spas from the manufacturer.

Don't believe any of these friggin sales people on this forum. They also pose as shoppers and owners. Wise up. Get a list of customers who own those spas from the manufacturer.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow. Jim. Wow.

For those not familliar with Jim The Jim. He is a "friggin sales person" (your words Jimmy, not mine) who has been kicked off of every other forum for posing as "shoppers and owners." :rolleyes:

Any manfuctuer, rebrander or dealer can give you a list of owners. Do you really think that they would give you the name of an unsatisfied customer? That's the type of advice I'd expect to hear from a flim flam used car salesman, Jim. :rolleyes:

Shoppers can Google the hot tub brand, or in some cases, even the owners name. Some of the more extreme cases of fruad and mismanagment can be found as some customers have set up websites specifaically set up to expose liars, cheats and bankrupt internet rebranders of 2nd rate tubs. Additionaly, I know of several threads in other forums that have some frank and open discussions about flim flamers and con artists in the hot tub industry. :rolleyes:

Shoppers should actively seek out the negative information. Look for the bad info. Google can help you find that information. Check out the business with the BBB. (BBB.org). It's all there for those that look, aint that right Jimmy? :lol:

Maybe the other spa manufacturers have a higher mark up on their spas

That might have be true 15 years ago, but these days the spa industry so competitive margins are at an all time low. 45-50 points is a thing of the past.

But their warranty is pretty good in Canada : 20 years on shell and 5 years parts and labor on other things .

Read the warranty it is 20 years on the structure, which means the fiber glass backing on the shell not the shell itself. This is a very deceptive tactic used by some manufactures all the consumer will remember is the big number.

They do not even put a copy of their warranty on their website, must have something to hide.

Read the warranty it is 20 years on the structure, which means the fiber glass backing on the shell not the shell itself. This is a very deceptive tactic used by some manufactures all the consumer will remember is the big number.

They do not even put a copy of their warranty on their website, must have something to hide.

Great advice.

Get a copy of the warranty before you buy. Look for exlusions. Ask detailed questions. Ask if they will be perforing the warrenty work, or subbing it out - or in the worst cases, I know of a cheap internet rebrander that sends you back to the Original Eqipment Manufactuer. (Can you imagine Ford sending you to the Korean manufatuering plant that cut out thier gears for them, because your transmission failed!)

I have just looked at my warrenty its as follows.

20 years on spa shell structure

7 years on shell service (cracking, blistering or delaminating)

3 years on plumbing and fittings in field labour is included

3 years on standard spa equipment- electronic spa control systems,jet pumps, circulation pump and heater in field labour is included

1 year on ozone generator

1 year on air blower

1 year on audio and video system components these items need to be returned to an authorised La Spa dealer for repair

1 year on led and fibre optic system does not include bulbs or fuses

1 year on thermoplus and redwood spa cabinet

90 days on spa pillows and filter cartridges

this is not word for word but gives the general idea of the warrenty, also this is the warrenty for the UK it might be different elsewhere.

hope this helps

I have just looked at my warrenty its as follows.

20 years on spa shell structure

7 years on shell service (cracking, blistering or delaminating)

3 years on plumbing and fittings in field labour is included

3 years on standard spa equipment- electronic spa control systems,jet pumps, circulation pump and heater in field labour is included

1 year on ozone generator

1 year on air blower

1 year on audio and video system components these items need to be returned to an authorised La Spa dealer for repair

1 year on led and fibre optic system does not include bulbs or fuses

1 year on thermoplus and redwood spa cabinet

90 days on spa pillows and filter cartridges

this is not word for word but gives the general idea of the warrenty, also this is the warrenty for the UK it might be different elsewhere.

hope this helps

Thats not a bad warranty on paper, the problem occurs in most warranty's with the loop holes or exclusions for the maker not to honor them.