Hot Springs Vs Dimension One Vs Master Spas

chuck3

I have wet tested 3 spas so far and will be wet testing a 4th on Tues. The 3 tested so far were HS Envoy, D1 Chairman 2 and Coleman 481. The 4th will be Master spas LSX. The Coleman was nice but was not comparable to the others, it would have been nice if the dealer had the more comparable model- 705 or 706. The Envoy was a great tub and for me it was great but the lounge seat was too big for my wife and she could not get the benefits of it( a spa pillow would not work since the bend for the legs was too long and her calves were hitting where the back of her knees should have been). The moto massage was much nicer then I expected. The D1 Chairman 2 has the best overall package and fit for both of us. It has a nice lounge and a really nice max therapy seat. The last tub we have to compare is the Master Spas LSX which looks to be comparable to the chairman in size, seating and therapy...I guess only the wet test will tell.

I have not researched the Master Spas much yet. I see that it and the Chairman 2 cover the spectrum of a lot of the debates on this forum, full foam vs polar wrap, UV vs CD ozonation, metal frame vs wood....

The price ranges for all these units are all over the place, $9900 for the highest and $6500 for the lowest. So you can see the dilema of, is the best worth $3400 more. It is amzing how you cannot find pricing for any spas anywhere..makes you a little uncomfortable trying to purchase one. Are you getting a good deal? Some of the pricing starts out at $8500 to $9500 and they will reduce the price down to $7700 to $6500, makes you wonder how much of a mark up is on them. I'm not trying to get something for free but also don't want to get taken to the cleaners. At least when you purchase a car you can find MSRP of it.

Any input to help in the decision, barring sales pitches and my product is best comments, would be helpful. These all appear to be top of the line spas and have established dealers and service in my area.

Thanks

I have wet tested 3 spas so far and will be wet testing a 4th on Tues. The 3 tested so far were HS Envoy, D1 Chairman 2 and Coleman 481. The 4th will be Master spas LSX. The Coleman was nice but was not comparable to the others, it would have been nice if the dealer had the more comparable model- 705 or 706. The Envoy was a great tub and for me it was great but the lounge seat was too big for my wife and she could not get the benefits of it( a spa pillow would not work since the bend for the legs was too long and her calves were hitting where the back of her knees should have been). The moto massage was much nicer then I expected. The D1 Chairman 2 has the best overall package and fit for both of us. It has a nice lounge and a really nice max therapy seat. The last tub we have to compare is the Master Spas LSX which looks to be comparable to the chairman in size, seating and therapy...I guess only the wet test will tell.

I have not researched the Master Spas much yet. I see that it and the Chairman 2 cover the spectrum of a lot of the debates on this forum, full foam vs polar wrap, UV vs CD ozonation, metal frame vs wood....

The price ranges for all these units are all over the place, $9900 for the highest and $6500 for the lowest. So you can see the dilema of, is the best worth $3400 more. It is amzing how you cannot find pricing for any spas anywhere..makes you a little uncomfortable trying to purchase one. Are you getting a good deal? Some of the pricing starts out at $8500 to $9500 and they will reduce the price down to $7700 to $6500, makes you wonder how much of a mark up is on them. I'm not trying to get something for free but also don't want to get taken to the cleaners. At least when you purchase a car you can find MSRP of it.

Any input to help in the decision, barring sales pitches and my product is best comments, would be helpful. These all appear to be top of the line spas and have established dealers and service in my area.

Thanks

WHAT STATE ARE U LOCATED IN?

A bit off topic, but I've often felt the same, chuck. It'd be very nice to have an MSRP or "Kelly's Blue Book" price on what the spa is worth. Yes, it varies by area, but so do cars, and there are many sources for finding what a car is worth in your area. I don't begrudge a good dealer a healthy margin, but obviously as a consumer you would feel cheated if you heard your neighbor bought the same spa from the same dealer a month after you did for $1500 less.

The consensus I've seen in these forums, the best bet is to price check all of the dealers in your area and get an idea of the pricing spread. As you say all of the ones you've looked at are from respected and established dealers, and all four are reputable manufacturers, so you will probably be happy with whichever one feels the best to you in the wet test.

Thanks

Chuck, if it's any consolation, here in England the tub dealer market is full of spivs, rogues, scoundrels and sharks all of whom seem to be unable to give an honest answer to the most basic of questions: "how much does it cost?"

Best of luck!

Thanks

As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. There are areas things that can be done to build a spa cheaper. I know to most customers they all look the same but that is not the case. Just because you got a cheaper price doesnt mean that you got a good deal. You are doing the right thing by doing your homework on the different lines of spas. The lines of spas that you mentioned are good brands but the Master spa is not quite as high a quality (IMHO) and you will probably see that reflected in the price. Another thing you will want to check is the dealers history. Do they do their own service? How long have they been in business? Do they stock parts for what they sell? You can purchase a good quality spa and have a dealer that does a bad job on the service end and you can end up with a cheaper spa that the dealer is excellent at customer service. If possible check with others in your area that own spas from the dealers that you are looking at to find out their experiences with those dealers. Most spa manufacturers have MSRP that you should be able to get from the dealer but prices are going to vary from different areas. It costs some dealers in larger markets more to do business. For example a dealer in San Diego may pay $8000.00 a month for rent and the same space in our area would be less than half of that. You want a good deal but you also want the dealer you are buying from to be in business 6 years from now.

Thanks

Have you tried a Hot springs or Caldera Spas. We have a $8000.00 spa with lighting, waterfall, ozone system, 2 pumps, 43 jets. very nice quality spas with a full warranty. lots of models starting at $3000.00.

Thanks

Chuck, check your Personal Messages

Have you tried a Hot springs or Caldera Spas. We have a $8000.00 spa with lighting, waterfall, ozone system, 2 pumps, 43 jets. very nice quality spas with a full warranty. lots of models starting at $3000.00.

You have to try the 700 series Coleman to really understand and compare with D1 chair2. 3400 dollars more of a value than the 481? You really should try to wet test that 706 1 lounger and you will understand. Your wife regardless of being boyant will not float like a cork screw. Good luck

Thanks

How much did the dealer in Delaware ask for the 705 or 706? I will tell you if the price is right. Tell us which one you decide with.

Thanks

I just finished wet testing the D1 Lotus Bay and thought it was the best yet. D1 filtering is the best I have seen and it's a patended system. I have wet tested the Master, Sundance, and Hot Springs as well and they all are pretty good. The LSX1050 Master Spa shoulder jet system was not high enough for me to fit in and I'm only 6' tall, but the D1 system is adjustable and I fit fine. Do some homework and I think you will see the D1 is about the best around.

Price wise the Serena Bay was 12,850 the Lotus Bay 11,900 and these were the first prices I was given and both include delivery, steps, upgraded cover with lift, synthetic shell and the vision system. These were new units not floor models and a eastern Pa dealer.

I did have an experience with a Master Spa Dealer that I placed a deposit with before I realized the seat were not high enough. I was told he had already paid a sales commission of $1600.00 within 7 days of the sale. This deposit was made at a spa show and the salesman was one who was brought in from another area for the sale. I am in the process of trying to get my deposit back regarless I thought a $1600.00 commision should give you an idea of the amount of markup which is built in to the final cost. The final price of the spa I placed a deposit on a 2006 new 1050LSX was $15,400 which I have been told was a great price. So there was $1600.00 built into that price for a commission.

I just finished wet testing the D1 Lotus Bay and thought it was the best yet. D1 filtering is the best I have seen and it's a patended system. I have wet tested the Master, Sundance, and Hot Springs as well and they all are pretty good. The LSX1050 Master Spa shoulder jet system was not high enough for me to fit in and I'm only 6' tall, but the D1 system is adjustable and I fit fine. Do some homework and I think you will see the D1 is about the best around.

Price wise the Serena Bay was 12,850 the Lotus Bay 11,900 and these were the first prices I was given and both include delivery, steps, upgraded cover with lift, synthetic shell and the vision system. These were new units not floor models and a eastern Pa dealer.

I did have an experience with a Master Spa Dealer that I placed a deposit with before I realized the seat were not high enough. I was told he had already paid a sales commission of $1600.00 within 7 days of the sale. This deposit was made at a spa show and the salesman was one who was brought in from another area for the sale. I am in the process of trying to get my deposit back regarless I thought a $1600.00 commision should give you an idea of the amount of markup which is built in to the final cost. The final price of the spa I placed a deposit on a 2006 new 1050LSX was $15,400 which I have been told was a great price. So there was $1600.00 built into that price for a commission.

Sales people do not normally get paid until the spa is delivered. Show sales crews do demand large commisions, one reason you should not buy at a show. You will normally get a better deal from your local dealer who is not forking out those large overheads.

An ethical show salesperson will return a commission on a canceled deal when it is within 7 days of the event. Then the dealer can refund you. On the other hand, you have a 3 day right of recission when you buy at a show.

Your only protection is if you made your deposit with a credit card.

Sales people do not normally get paid until the spa is delivered. Show sales crews do demand large commisions, one reason you should not buy at a show. You will normally get a better deal from your local dealer who is not forking out those large overheads.

True, go to your dealer for pricing first! We were going to buy at a show, but decided to do our research first. We found that we were able to get the local store to lower the price of the Master LSX by $1500 from the price at the show because they didn't have to pay commission. We loved the LSX, paid $9000 for everything, led lighting, stainless steel jets, stairs, cover, cover lifter, delivery, setup, startup chemicals and all. Price for the tub, without any options, at the show was $10,500. Good luck with your search!

True, go to your dealer for pricing first! We were going to buy at a show, but decided to do our research first. We found that we were able to get the local store to lower the price of the Master LSX by $1500 from the price at the show because they didn't have to pay commission. We loved the LSX, paid $9000 for everything, led lighting, stainless steel jets, stairs, cover, cover lifter, delivery, setup, startup chemicals and all. Price for the tub, without any options, at the show was $10,500. Good luck with your search!

That is a great price for that spa. How long can they stay in business selling them at that price? Good job, lets hope they stay longer especially with a recession breezing close bye. How long have they been around?

That is a great price for that spa. How long can they stay in business selling them at that price? Good job, lets hope they stay longer especially with a recession breezing close bye. How long have they been around?

Don't know exactly, at least 6 years (that I know of). They are partners with Sun N Fun in Coventry, RI.