What Pool Light To Get?

My current light is burnt out and I was thining of going with one of the Hayward Color Logic led lights. Anyone have one? Suggestions?

I've heard the fiberoptic lights that you mount around the pool coping don't last, so maybe I'd try this?

I have a 14x30 rectangle pool with a vinyl liner that is blue. You think this would look good?

pool.jpg

Colored lighting in pools w/darker bottoms doesnt look all that good. The darker color will absord the light rather that reflect it. Most colored lights are not as high wattage as your standard white lights are. However if you are set on colored lighting look @ the SAM light by Pentair. It is not a led light like some of the others. I uses two halogen bulbs behind a prismed glass color wheel. Another avenue is the Polaris D-light. It is a led bulb that fits in your existing light fixture. That way you won't have to replace the fixture just the bulb and gasket. I also believe you can get it cheaper than a colored light.

I agree with you in that the SAM light by Pentair is a bright light and will completely illuminate most pools. The point that I have that makes me hesitate is the many many internal parts that that light has

inside it to make it work properly. As a pool builder who started off as a service technician, it looks like that light can be a nightmare to repair.

As far as fiberoptic goes, it is what I would consider more of a background lighting. It is not near bright enough to illuminate the pool so that everything in the pool can be seen clearly. Homes with small children for instance cannot rely on this light as a sole light source should the unthinkable occur.