Comments On My Picture...

Looony2nz

Just to update / clarify, I had posted a picture that got a lot of attention from a forum member who was able to see so much from such a small picture. I verified all suggestions from him (after getting a little nervous) and had everything explained and pointed out to me. I am satisfied that construction is going well and realized that I take some of the stuff I read a little too seriously. The picture I posted was not a "completed" version but I think for now I will refrain from posting pictures :)

Just to update / clarify, I had posted a picture that got a lot of attention from a forum member who was able to see so much from such a small picture. I verified all suggestions from him (after getting a little nervous) and had everything explained and pointed out to me. I am satisfied that construction is going well and realized that I take some of the stuff I read a little too seriously. The picture I posted was not a "completed" version but I think for now I will refrain from posting pictures :)

"The picture I posted was not a "completed" " Then what does "steel is done" mean from your original post. Don't kill me because you claim that the pic was of a complete job.....but oh, it's really not, so now I am the bad guy for pointing out mistakes? Thanks alot.

Maybe I am missing something in the pic, I hope I am. try reading the post before pm'ing me to "please stop"

a forum member who was able to see so much from such a small picture. everyone could see it larger like I did when I copied and pasted the link to the picture manually.

If nothing else, you got your contractor to double check his work, which is a plus no matter how you see it. I really don't appreciate your little bit of sarcasm. "please stop" and the "was able to see so much from such a small picture"

You seem hung up on the fact that since the link I posted was of a larger pool, that it makes a diference. I would say no matter what the size, they should all be built like fortresses because you can never tell what the ground is going to do under any circumstances.

There is not too much "code" involved. most municipalities around here don't even require a steel inspection unless it's commercial.

If you are happy, fine. If you don't appreciate input on your posts, then yes, by all means stop posting pictures.

What the hell do I know, I have only been doing this since 1989. I wish you luck on your pool project.

wow you're pretty angry. You should really chill.

regarding:<<try reading the post before pm'ing me to "please stop" >> I didn't private message you saying "please stop" - that was the SUBJECT of YOUR post to me.

gee whiz, I mis-labeled the picture as steel complete, when I didn't realize the crew was coming back in the morning to put blocks underneath the steel etc. and do the skimmer to finish the job.

I guess I didn't realize that my simple picture would attract a professional that could scrutinize a picture from afar and, also, how do you know how strict Palm Beach County FL code is. The steel was inspected and pretty closely I might add.

And I have never posted any other pictures.

I didn't have the contractor re-check their work, I only asked questions to get information and all was answered to my satisfaction.

I hope you don't turn anyone else off to this board like you have me.

There's always one.

wow you're pretty angry. You should really chill.

regarding:<<try reading the post before pm'ing me to "please stop" >> I didn't private message you saying "please stop" - that was the SUBJECT of YOUR post to me.

gee whiz, I mis-labeled the picture as steel complete, when I didn't realize the crew was coming back in the morning to put blocks underneath the steel etc. and do the skimmer to finish the job.

I guess I didn't realize that my simple picture would attract a professional that could scrutinize a picture from afar and, also, how do you know how strict Palm Beach County FL code is. The steel was inspected and pretty closely I might add.

And I have never posted any other pictures.

I didn't have the contractor re-check their work, I only asked questions to get information and all was answered to my satisfaction.

I hope you don't turn anyone else off to this board like you have me.

There's always one.

There is not too much "code" involved. most municipalities around here notice the "around here" I never said there were not extensive inspections of residential pools in your area.

It may seem angry, but I am just trying to point out that some of what you say does not jibe with the post you make the day before.

not angy at all, it's just that you did not tell the entire story in your original post about the steel being done and i assumed it was based on what you said. I pointed out that it did not look right. your response was to treat me with sarcasm. plain and simple. I offered my opinion, which you clearly did not appreciate. leave it at that.

If honesty turns people off, then so be it. there have been some real horror stories posted on here and this business in general can be shady at times. I have many years of experience and If I see a mistake, point it out, and it helps a homeowner, then I am doing him a service. Even though I got treated unfairly here, I would not hesitate to try to help someone else who might appreciate an unbiased experienced point of view.

I am glad for you that you have enough faith in your contractor's word without checking a 3rd party source. best of luck on your project.

there was really no sarcasm intended. I said I appreciated the things you pointed out and tried to explain myself. I am no english major either, and not a professional picture labeler, so that didn't help me either.

Lets lay this one to rest.

thx

sounds good. you should post pics of your filter and plumbing so i can pick them apart too. Only kidding :D

Just make sure they use all rigid pvc, no flex. takes longer to do rigid pvc, but the material is way cheaper, so there really should not be a cost difference. If the filter and above ground equipment presents any problems in the future, they can be changed easily, but once the patio is done, underground stuff becomes really tough to change out.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL.

No plumbing or equipment yet to post pictures of but that WAS funny.

Yes, there is some PVC in already and its the rigid kind. 2", schedule 40 I want to say, but :) don't quote me.

:P

2" schedule 40 is the way to go. Schedule 80 would be really nice,but uneccesary and you might have to take out a 2nd mortgage to get it......

• 7 years later...