If you won't allow discussions about certain items...

It seems the moderator on this forum won't allow discussions about the actual chemistry of hot tubs.  He seems to be either a salesman for the Frog line of products or just completely clueless about true chemistry.  There was a discussion about... you know... chemicals used by Frog and the discussion was shut down.  Nobody was providing inaccurate information but yet he felt the need to intercede and stop people from posting.  This thread will probably get stopped too but since it will be my last post on here I don't care.  Why have a forum about something you can't discuss.  That is a horrible forum.

JMO,i enjoy learning, but I would be pissed if I found out I was paying good money for a rental and then found out my family was soaking in someone's Petri dish thinking there is a commercially available backed system that was not hacked sanitizing it.  May be different if it was one's own personal spa.  I think liability may have been involved in that decision.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustALearnin said:

t seems the moderator on this forum won't allow discussions about the actual chemistry of hot tubs. 

Perhaps if you actually read the forum (or some of the other forums I participate in and have for over 20 years) you would see that my knowledge of chemistry of pools and hot tubs is quite extensive and that I do have a chemistry background.

He seems to be either a salesman for the Frog line of products

I am in no way associated with KIng Technologies nor am I a fan nor do I recommend ANY 'mineral" (metal ion) system of sanitation.

or just completely clueless about true chemistry

I have a chemistry backgound, Do you?

There was a discussion about... you know... chemicals used by Frog and the discussion was shut down. 

No, the discussion was about substituting a chlorine based toilet bowl cleaner for one of the proprietary components in a proprietary sanitation used in your rental properties because you objected to the price of the system. If you want to experiment in your personal hot tub be my guest but you are talking about possibly endangering the health of your unsuspecting renters.

This thread will probably get stopped

It will stand but you will get warning points because of your personal attack.

Why have a forum about something you can't discuss. 

Perhaps you need to read the name of the forum again, It's PoolSpaForum, not UseToiletBowlCleanerInMyRentalHotTubsForum.