Bullfrog owner Dealer Q's: Aeration, Bad NeckPlus JetPak, 30 min. Auto-Shut-Off.

I got my new Bullfrog A6L Select two days ago and have a few questions for Bullfrog owners. The tub in not heated for use yet because I am in the long process to lower my tub's street water filled Total Alkalinity (TA) down from 370 PPM! So I have not been in the 60º water to 'feel' the jets, I am just observing them.

1) I never thought about it before, but it seems there is no option to run jets w/o AERATION. Am I missing something? Initially, I saw aeration only from the upper jets of each pack, then after repeatedly cycling both pumps rapidly through off, low, high, repeat, and using a plunger on the holes at the base of the two JetPaks closest to the pumps, it 'seems' aeration runs lower now, but not sure about the bottom most jets. I'll know more when it's heated and the chemicals are set up properly.

2) Specifically the new for 2023 Neck "Plus" JetPak (pictures attached)- When I removed the headrest covers to purge the hot tub, I noticed that the fronts were very roughly cut with slots like with a grinder wheel. The cuts did not match side to side, looked rough like the assembly line tech was NOT paying attention (built on a Friday/HIGH day ?), and the headrest covers do not snap over on these front extensions. What are these "manual cutouts" supposed to do??? With the pump on low, the one over the right shoulder sprays a disfigured stream, on high the stream is disfigured and very forceful. The one over the left shoulder on low squirts up and in all directions, on high it sprays in your face and all over.

3) When jets are manually turned on for use from the control display, the default setting Auto-shuts-off after 30 minutes. Is there somewhere in the settings to adjust the Auto-shut-off time? I looked and can not find it via the control panel. I ask because I need to run maximum aeration to increase PH so I can lower it with acid, REPEAT (many times) to lower extreme Total Alakalinity of 370 PPM to +/- 100 PPM.

I learned something. 🐵

New for 2023, Bullfrogs have air bleed valves at the base of the front panel, so you no longer need to go inside and remove a hose on the actual pump(s) to bleed air out. The right air bleed connects to both Jet Pumps. I discovered that the left plug is for the dinky waterfall pump (bottom right side of cabinet). I initially thought there was a separate air bleed for each JET pump, so was confused why the left one had less flow and did not change with pump speed... well, Duh!  :o

cameraroll

Neck Spray- Pump Low.jpg

Neck Spray- Pump High.jpg

Neck Cut- Both-1.jpg

Neck Cut-Left.jpg

Neck Cut-Right-1.jpg

Neck Cut-Right-2.jpg

The hum of just the one Jet Pump on low has quite a loud hum outside that carries through the house. The Jet pumps have a red and white tag on one of each pump's four mounting bolts. "Shipping Bolt. May Remove After Spa Installation to Minimize Vibration." I will remove those two bolts tomorrow. Curious if anyone has this very loud hum that resonates well into the opposite side of the house? Did you remove those two shipping bolts and notice a significantly lower sound from Pump #1 running on low for the circulation/filtration cycle? (I do not have the dedicated Circ. Pump.)

*Red Label at Base of Jet Pump- Remove bolt after delivery.jpg

Just back them off a turn or 2 or until they don't make vibration.

What is the spa sitting on? Wood deck might require it to be placed on rubber horse mats. So many stories of neighbours (and owners) driven crazy from the hum. Be a good neighbour...lol

On 2/8/2024 at 5:18 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Just back them off a turn or 2 or until they don't make vibration.

What is the spa sitting on? Wood deck might require it to be placed on rubber horse mats. So many stories of neighbours (and owners) driven crazy from the hum. Be a good neighbour...lol

Good idea. I wish I had thought of just backing them out a few turns! I removed them completely, which was a bit of a hassle by feel w/ a ratcheting 7/16" wrench. Parts of the large diameter hose (2 1/2"?) out of the left pump #1 was also vibrating against the plastic base. Lifted it a tad and it seemed not to vibrate onto the plastic base. I'll probably slip some thin pipe insulating foam between any spots that the large jet pump pipes are very near anything, while being careful not to put pressure on the hose(s) that might dislodge a pipe connection seal over time.

I don't like that there are (insulated) wires and smaller (air?) hoses laying on top of at least pump #1. I don't know if the #1 jet pump normally gets very hot, but I will raise those from the surface with tie wraps or again a bit of foam between hose/wire surface and the body of the jet pump.

On 2/8/2024 at 5:18 AM, CanadianSpaTech said:

What is the spa sitting on? Wood deck might require it to be placed on rubber horse mats. So many stories of neighbors (and owners) driven crazy from the hum. Be a good neighbor...lol

I forgot to reply to this part. My Hot tub is on a cement pad 6" thick on one side to 8"+ thick on the other side (to correct for a slope of the dirt below to get a level pad surface). I did notice that the loud resonant hum that carried thru my hose is gone. Now just normal jet noise. 🙂