730L Heater Problems - Corrosion

Boats Bros

7 hours ago, Boats Bros said:

Had relays replaced, all test good and click when bench testing them on the back of the board.

To be clear you replaced the relays or just bench tested them?

I find it odd that if replaced and your incoming power is correct it should get power to the heater. 

Did you have the topside connected and was the board calling for heat when you bench tested it?

• Like 1

The 2 relays with the sticker on them were replaced. Then I bench tested the board hooking 12v power and ground to each relay directly on the back of the board. They all clicked open and closed. Every relay on the board worked.  

I know I’m stumped on this one too. I’m really hoping I don’t get the refirb board and it doesn’t fix my problem. 

I’m not sure how I would test the relays while hooked up on the hot tub, you don’t have access to the back of the board. 

There are 3 heater relays. Typically only the one controlled by the thermostat goes bad.

On 9/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, Boats Bros said:

I’m not sure how I would test the relays while hooked up on the hot tub,

I'm not sure how you'd test a control system with the board out. 

On 9/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, Boats Bros said:

They all clicked open and closed.

And you tested them for open/closed or just heard them click? A blown point in the relay does not stop the electromagnet from moving the mechanism, it just doesn't make contact.

At a guess I'd say they missed the bad relay.

I was hooking up 12v power directly to the pins on the back of the board to test them. So I ordered a refurbished board off eBay, picture attached. Installed it and on 1st test pumps sounded like they were barely working. Compared the old versus new and from what I’ve read I only had 110v going to the pump. So I switched pump 1 power from J39 to J48 and retested, and seems to be working now. 
So now I am comparing any other differences between the two and I notice another. On the new board, J20 and J13 (blower) are connected, on the old board J20 was connected to J12. I think I read somewhere that the heat circuit will not be activated without the blower working, is this true? 

But guess what, the heater gets power now. Currently 92 degrees 😎