Gecko in.clear CFLO error code

Hi everyone, I've been having an issue for the past 4-5 weeks with my hot tub.

When only the pump #1 is running (slow mode), I get this error : no flow. So no bromine generation nor heating.

When it runs fast, everything works : bromine generation and heating.

Pump #2 has no effect : when it runs (slow or fast), no bromine generation nor heating.

Of course, after 20 minutes, only the pump #1 runs, slow, and this brings problems.

I removed the filters, cut the power for 10 minutes... nothing seems to work. There is enough water in the hot tub.

I can't find a solution, so I'm here to see if anyone else ever had that problem. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your answer, RDspaguy!!

New data :

1) I disconnected and reconnected the in.clear controller fromI the board (violet wire, on the heater) and now, the heater works at low flow on pump #1. Only the in.clear system gives the "no flow" error at low flow mode.

2) I adjusted the request temperature to a lower value than the current water temperature. Pump #1 (running slow) just stopped. It should have continued to work because there was a remaining 95% to the boost cycle but the in.clear doesn't work, so.

I also unscrewed the pipe from the pump #1 to try to vent any potential air bubbles that could be trapped - not sure if I did that correctly - but that didn't change anything.

The in.clear works when pump #1 goes fast.

Does that ring something? Thanks again !

17 hours ago, RunningDude said:

The in.clear works when pump #1 goes fast.

23 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

It's either a flow problem or a flow switch problem.

If it is working on high but not low then it is a flow issue. Either the actual flow is low (usually dirty filters, blockages, or pump issues) or the flow /pressure switch is going bad and not detecting the flow on low. 

I am not familiar with the in.clear specifically. Perhaps @CanadianSpaTechhas worked on one.

Here is a link to the Tech manual: https://www.tubs.fr/includes/languages/english/docs/tubs-Techsheet-Gecko-in.clear.pdf

Have you ever cleaned the cell?... See instructions in attached manual. 

If the cell is clean and you are still having trouble I suggest you contact Gecko Tech support before ordering a new heater tube with pressure switch. They are usually very helpful: 1-800-784-3256

Thanks for you help, CanadianSpaTech!

New data this morning ...

Yesterday night, I decided to empty the spa and clean it. I hadn't done that for 3 years actually, since I always was able to maintain the water very clean.

I added salt after having refilled the spa and this morning... everything works again. The in.clear detects the low flow (and so does the heater) and generates chlorine. Hard to believe that by simply doing this, it seems to have fixed the problem.

I have never cleaned the cell, I must admit, since it always worked very well. I'll have a look.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1