Need part number for screw cap on low flow vertical 240v spa heater E2550-3314 (Sundance Cameo 2001)

HomePC

Need part #s or places where I can go buy the following: Heater end screw cap busted during the winter, which caused other lines to freeze and break. The hoses in the equipment compartment were getting kind of old, dry, and brittle so I'm going to replace as much as I can anyway. The heater is a 13"x3" low flow vertical heater. I need that black 3" screw cap that cracked.  I can try the big box stores, but I bet a plumping parts store might be the place to go if I can't get a part # to order online. Omaha, NE.

image000001.jpg.jpeg

image000000.jpg.jpeg

Got a replay back directly from Therm Products. They say the part # is 42-2333B-K. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere online without having to pay around $14 to ship a less than 1 pound item. I refuse to do that. I'll check out the local big box stores and plumbing shops.

Yes, it is. I don't understand why they call it 2.5" when everything measures closer to 3". But, yes, that part # I got has a description as a 2.5" mbt for 3" housing.  I would just like to get it locally if I could; online prices for a piece of plastic seem rather high. I might be able to find a 2.5" split-nut locally that would work.  Thanks fro responding.

4 hours ago, HomePC said:

Yes, it is. I don't understand why they call it 2.5" when everything measures closer to 3". But, yes, that part # I got has a description as a 2.5" mbt for 3" housing.  I would just like to get it locally if I could; online prices for a piece of plastic seem rather high. I might be able to find a 2.5" split-nut locally that would work.  Thanks fro responding.

It is not a common split nut union due to the gasket/oring

On 6/17/2023 at 11:14 AM, HomePC said:

don't understand why they call it 2.5" when everything measures closer to 3". 

2.5" is the inside diameter (ID) of the pvc pipe, with walls about 1/4" thick, making the outside diameter (OD) of the pipe roughly 3". Add on a fitting and it's pushing 3.5" or so, but it's still for a 2.5" ID pipe so it's "size" is 2.5". That's why you can't use a cpvc fitting on pvc, as cpvc has a thinner wall so the fitting is smaller even with the same listed "size".

On 6/17/2023 at 11:14 AM, HomePC said:

would just like to get it locally if I could;

Not likely, except maybe from the dealer, who likely only has complete heaters since that's all Sundance buys. 

Thanks guys. I ended up ordering online from  SpaDepot.  They had a plumbing repair kit which included a 90 degree tail piece which may be handy. I had moved the location of the circulation pump in the past and making the plumbing connection to the straight tail piece was causing tension on that uni-nut, which is why it probably broke after a few years.  I learned about the measurements used in plumbing from this experience, so I thank you. In the past I have replaced the heater a few times, the circ pump several times, a main pump once, numerous flow switches, hi-limit sensors, temp sensors, hot tub covers and lifts, and soldered new main relays on the circuit board,  but I have never had to mess with the plumbing.  This old Sundance tub is 22 years old now; plumbing lines may be getting brittle.