Master Spas Insulation Claims

spavirgin

I had a chance to stop at my local Master Spa dealer yesterday. When discussing Masters insulation methods, he mentioned something I had not heard before. "It is a well known fact that full foam spas lose 50% of their R-value in the first 5 years." Is this fact, fiction, or BS?

It's B.S.

I can say that under certain circumstances a Thermal Spa can loose 100% of its insualtiing ablity.

It's B.S.

Buy Quality. Buy from a reputatable dealer.

I had a chance to stop at my local Master Spa dealer yesterday. When discussing Masters insulation methods, he mentioned something I had not heard before. "It is a well known fact that full foam spas lose 50% of their R-value in the first 5 years." Is this fact, fiction, or BS?

I'd question any dealer using this type of selling tactic. What's next, there tubs are so effiercient they give power back to the grid?

I'd question any dealer using this type of selling tactic. What's next, there tubs are so effiercient they give power back to the grid?

Don't laugh. I know of one salesperson (who posts on this forum) that for "energy reports" for potential sales provides an excell spread sheet that actually states that. I kid you not.

and yea, it's the bankrupt nutcase that's always telling folks that he's the most ethical person in the industry. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

complete BS, And here's a question you can ask if that's the case than why does Master offer full foam as upgrade option and if they believe in another insulation method , than why do they lack the sac to make all their spas that way and stick to what they feel is the best way to build, instead of trying what amounts to just telling someone what they want to hear. Ethics do they matter?

A clever mix of the three, IMO.

Polyurethane foam does lose R-value over time; it drops sharply after application and then stabilizes, with further decline being present but minimal. The time it takes for stabilization depends on a variety of factors, including total foam thickness, but the drop is greatest in the first few months and virtually nil after a year or two. I'm sure a little work with google could check this and get the figures (which may vary from study to study).

If the listener does not realize that the foam in ALL foamed spas (and houses) loses insulating value over the first few years, the "well-known fact" sounds impressive.