Spa not showing display

Matt51

Hey all, I have balboa ms5000 spa pack in my hot tub. The f2 fuse was blown when I got it. The person said that it blew before so they decided to put a bigger fuse in there and it still popped. Which makes sense because they weren’t getting the right voltage coming in. Anyways I put the correct 300 milliamp fuse in it wired it up and nothing. I can read 120 on both leads and 240 together so I know I’m getting power to the boards but my guess is it’s a dead board. Tested all the fuses and they are good. Just wanted to ask around before I drop a bunch of cash on a replacement board thanks.

9 hours ago, Matt51 said:

The f2 fuse was blown when I got it. The person said that it blew before so they decided to put a bigger fuse in there and it still popped.

Never a good idea to install a larger fuse.  The correct fuse is there to prevent damage to the wires and components.

Verify you tested 120V white to blk and 120V white to red and 240V red to blk. You might want to pull the board and look on the back for darkened or burnt areas. 

12 hours ago, Matt51 said:

Which makes sense because they weren’t getting the right voltage coming in.

Please explain

The reason why they we’re getting rid of it was because they had panel from the house with 6/2 wire and not 6/3. The spa pack required 6/3 to the panel to the house. So they weren’t getting 120v on one of the leads I think it was less when testing white with black. I tested it at my house and the pack is getting 120v on both leads and 220v when I test the black with the red. I’ll pull the board off today and see if I can see any black