Busted pipe

Hman2427

Hi, its hard to tell from the first pic but is it leaking due to a crack in the (white) pvc? The hose clamp looks pretty rusted out, so could it be that it failed and is allowing water to leak past the red hose? You need to carefully peel out the insulation to get a good idea where the leak is first.

If its a crack in the pvc pipe, you might get away with a temporary fix with a plastic epoxy (not really recommended but who knows depending on the source of the leak it might hold). But the right thing to do is cut out and replace - meaning you would have to replace all fittings to the point where you have space to connect to pipe- all of those butt connected PVC fittings would all need to be replaced. And you might need to extend some of those smaller hoses if they are not long enough once you cut them off. 

It might be doable as a diy job but that's a really tight space!  Its tucked in that corner and has a lot of connections, all which will be fairly brittle and wont like to be moved around much.

I don't have any idea what a pro cost would be, but a rough guess if you had to do it yourself it could to be < $100 if you just need a handful of fittings, a tool to cut the flex hose, and pipe glue, but could go south if there are leaks after that from the new plumbing or from other nearby fittings during the repair. Hope this helps.

That is freeze damage, and there is likely more of it than you see right now. The manifold and any directly connected fittings (no pipe in between) will have to go. The jet hoses will have to be cut back and spliced as well. Then, once it's hot, look for more leaks. Hairline cracks don't leak when the water is cold.

This is a project, and a half-day of work for a pro. If you aren't confident in your ability, you might want to hire someone

42 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

The jet hoses will have to be cut back and spliced

I cut the white 3/4" plastic "manifold nipple" with a vibrating tool below the jet hose, slide the clamp farther up the hose and then remove the remaining 3/4" plastic so you don't have to extend the lines (in most cases)

6 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I cut the white 3/4" plastic "manifold nipple" with a vibrating tool below the jet hose, slide the clamp farther up the hose and then remove the remaining 3/4" plastic so you don't have to extend the lines (in most cases)

These are glued and clamped, not just clamped. Looks like Christy's red hot blue glue to me, so I wouldn't expect them to let go easily. Then you're left with a stretched out glue coated hose connection that needs to seal on the first try or you drain it and start over. I'll stick with cutting and splicing, thanks. I know that will hold, and not cost much more either.