2005 capri sundance spa how to set jets to run for 8 hrs

I have a small slow leak somewhere in one of my jets piping.  I want to run fix a leak and I need to run the jets for about 8 hrs so the compound gets into the leak.

Can not find out how to keep the jet pump on for 8 hrs.  Anyone have a trick to make this happen?

15 hours ago, wpatters1229 said:

I want to run fix a leak and I need to run the jets for about 8 hrs so the compound gets into the leak.

https://www.thespaworks.com/sites/default/files/2005_sundance_850_series_owners_manual.pdf

Page 24 of this manual should show you how to set filter cycles

15 hours ago, wpatters1229 said:

I want to run fix a leak and I need to run the jets for about 8 hrs so the compound gets into the leak.

I'm sure some will disagree, but I would advise fixing the leak properly instead of using a bandaid product.  "Fix a leak" is a short term fix which gunks up the plumbing and internal components more than it's worth.

It's kinda like using draino in your sink to fix a clogged drain.   There's a reason why plumbers call it "paycheck in a bottle" - it's caustic enough to eat through lead pipes before it can eat through a fully clogged drain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2005 capri sundance spa and want to know how to keep the jets running longer than 15 minutes.  I know that the circulation pump runs 24/7 but I want to run the jets to longer than the set time to look for a leak and if possible run some leak stop chemicals while the jets are running for about 8 hrs.  Any ideas how to do this?

On 4/4/2022 at 4:53 AM, ratchett said:

I'm sure some will disagree, but I would advise fixing the leak properly instead of using a bandaid product.  "Fix a leak" is a short term fix which gunks up the plumbing and internal components more than it's worth.

I have a 1988 CalSpa that has a slow leak (less than 1/4 inch a day) for over a decade which I have not been able to locate; it's not leaking in the "equipment" section, and I've torn apart the other two sides that are accessible even tearing out sprayed-in foam looking for evidence of leakage (the 4th side is like 6 inches from the home's block wall).  When it leaks, I can see water on the patio slab.  So I've used a leak seal product successfully on mine. 

How often? Maybe I average once per year adding leak sealer.  I change out the spa water maybe 3 times a year.  Being as how I have one of the world's oldest operating spa, it does have some cracks in it which I don't know if go through.  I've never done the "test" to see if the leak stops once the level drops to a certain level.