Pump 1 runs only on Hi speed for Filtration with Balboa bp7

Hugh Lawford

My Balboa bp7 controller is set to mode 19 out of 32 possible modes for operating 2 two-speed pumps. My question is why does Pump 1 only operate in High speed mode during Filtration cycle (1-2 hrs run time). Also temperature overshoots during filtration even though heater light does not come ON. Why is temp. control not better? +/- 1 degree F id not good.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

You will need to post a photo of the inside cover of the spa pack and of the circuit board. The temp is going over the set temp likely because of the heat shedding off the pump running in high speed for such a long period.

thanks for your reply - I will try to post the photos as suggested (what exactly do you hope to see/learn from the inside cover?

1 hour ago, Hugh Lawford said:

what exactly do you hope to see/learn from the inside cover?

And circuit board. The wiring diagram and dipswitch settings found on the inside cover are useless if we can't also see the board. Make sure we can see the board, especially dipswitch banks, not just a bunch of wires. 

On 2/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, Hugh Lawford said:

+/- 1 degree F id not good.

Any less leads to the spa turning on every 10 minutes in standard mode. 

Your pump should run low speed for filtration. The fact that it runs only in high could be a dipswitch or wiring issue.

Is the spa new? Has it always done this or did it just suddenly start?

• Like 1