Looking to buy or rent used air bag wedge

Tboneil24

Might be a hard find. Try your local spa movers. I will assume it is for your J400 series spa and it is most likely going to be the IX jet in the foot well: https://www.hottubstore.ca/products/jet-assemblies-ix-jet?variant=31986155585606 

This is consistently the hardest repair to make in all my years. Where are you located?

When you do get the spa tipped up make sure to place a 2x4 under the bottom back edge to give it a little tip towards the side with the topside control. Make sure to leave all the side panels on. The side panels and the bottom are part of the structure on a Jacuzzi and when it is removed the spa will squat a bit making it hard to get the bottom back on on the side that is to the ground. There are (usually) 2 drains that have to be disconnected before you tip it up. If it is the IX jet in the foot well pre planning and dry fitting is crucial. You will have to cut the plumbing in just the right spot and you have to ensure that the jet when installed sits flat against the acrylic in the foot well. If it off by any measure it will not seal. To get the new one in you will have to add a 2" coupler to re join the plumbing and it can be really difficult to get it all back together with that extra little bit of plumbing that the coupler will add AND get the jet to sit flat so it won't leak.

Before you tip it up and the spa is drained use a flashlight and see if you can spot very tiny cracks around where the led lights sit in the jet housing. When looking at the clear housing you will see a ring of tiny LEDs this is the area you want to look. The cracks will almost look like scratches. This is the most common fail spot in the IX jet in my experience.

Hopefully this is not the repair you are looking at having to make. If it is just know it is an expert level repair and once you get to the point of glue you only get one shot so plan plan plan before you glue...then plan some more. If you need help along the way I suggest you snap photos before cutting ect and we will try and guide you.

Good luck  

I tipped mu 2001 altamar up with just my 18 yr son helping lift (were not big muscle guys)   I used a big pry bar and stacks of wood got it tipped up about 12 inches sitting on wood  then we grabbed it and tipped it  lift with your knees! up was easy down was harder....  get help putting it down we did it just the two of us and it was very heavy  last time I got a third person made it easy