Should I buy a Hydropool or Artesian hot tub?

Cherrie

Hi 🙂 From Ireland and looking at buying a hot tub. Have narrowed down to two brands, Hydropool or Artesian. Very grateful for any views on which is a better quality tub and whether parts for either are easier to obtain or cheaper? I’ve a good budget for a tub and Looking it for massage / hydrotherapy and relaxation. I’m a 34 year old female with no experience in hot tubs so all advice grateful received. Thank you!

I would think you would be happy with either brand. They are about equal in status. Recommend you research the dealers and their reputation as part of your buying process. You could have the best spa out there but if you can't get it repaired when you need it then what's the good. It can be difficult to wet test in this Covid age but even if you can sit in the spa without water it will give you a feel to see if it "fits".. Most retailers will add in "extras" to earn your business. Things like a Cover Lifter, Backyard Delivery, Start up chemical kit, Plastic Step are all things you will need and can add up $$ so make sure they are all part of the deal. Have a plan for negotiating before you go in store. Don't be afraid to walk away from a deal if it goes above budget. Don't fall for sales tactics like "Today Only". If you feel ANY pressure walk away. You can always go back. Personally I would take the sale right to the end and and negotiate with them to get their best price then when it comes time to sign on the dotted line tell them you are close but need a couple of days to think about it. A good sales person or their Manager will call in a day or 2 and ask for your business and what more they can do to earn it. 

Good Luck and Enjoy.

@Cherrie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned above, buy from the dealer that treats you best during the purchase. Gut feeling has a lot to do with it. Find out if they service in house or contract service out. Don't be afraid to walk out if it doesn't feel right.

I bought an Artesian and so far, I have been extremely happy with it, great quality and the dealer gave me the right vibes. I god a decent deal with cover, lifter of my choice, stairs, hand rail and a years worth of chemicals as part of my deal. When the tub was delivered, we discovered the lifter wouldn't work for my application and the dealer swapped it out for one that would work for me. I had a slight issue with pump 2 not working right and I called the dealer, the had the tech call me back within 5 minutes and he took the time to walk me thru bleeding pump 2 which solved my problem. If that hadn't worked, they had me scheduled for service the next day. 

That's what you need from your dealer, responsiveness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1