Surface for Spa not level or flat

We have a Hot Spring spa being delivered in July and are very concerned about the surface we're planning to place it on.  It is not completely flat (see pics attached that show gaps in certain places when a 2x8 was put down.  Nor is it completely level - front to back, we are level (house to edge of porch), but side to side we aren't.  

The stone (which is approximately 2.5-3 inches thick is on top of 6-8 inches of poured concrete, so there's plenty of stable base below.  We'd like to avoid defacing the stone in any way - so while we initially thought about grinding down high spots, this doesn't seem like the best solution.  

We've also looked into spa pads (SmartDeck, etc.), but aren't sure what we'd use below the pad to fix the leveling issues.  This is partially covered area, so will be susceptible to rain and HIGH winds (on a mountain with high wind levels) so we are worried about using sand or something else to level because of erosion issues.  

Any ideas??  Thank you!

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

What a beautiful location! No doubt you'll have an epic view from your spa every night lol.

I'm pretty sure flat is what's important for a spa, not level - but I'm not sure if that's too uneven for a hottub.  I'm no expert (by any stretch of the imagination), but I've seen a few people praise the Spa Level-r which might work for your needs - http://www.thespalevel-r.com

• Like 2

That spa level-r is a neat idea. You can built it for a third of that price. Getting leaves and debris from under it will be fun, and the airflow underneath could be an issue in extreme cold. Since many spas have a waterproof bottom pan/ sheet/ spray the benefits of raising it up are questionable. But a good business idea for sure. Original idea and they can run that from a 2 car garage. 

I agree with @CanadianSpaTech . A little sand to get it flat and some foam board for stability. You could put a wood frame around the bottom to hide the foam and hold in the leveling sand. It's not as though it's a base on dirt, so settling shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 2

Ours is off even more - about 1 1/2 “. We have thought of adjusting it. When the water is high enough to cover the jets on the one side , it is WAY over the jets on the other side. But what is the danger really -just more spill over on the one side? 

• 1 year later...

Hotspring_owner    Did you have any issues with this install? I see it was over a year ago and I ask because I have a 'similar' setup although overall my space is level, I have the same concerns with some of the areas that are not exactly 'even'.    I sent pictures to my spa dealer and they seem to think it's fine but have not been here in person and the install is next week. 

I was just curious if you had success.