High Limit Sensor - can't find replacement mount

10 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Man, they have D1, Vita, Cal, you name it. The hot springs thermistors are listed under the gecko section. Still can't find the adapter. Does it have a part # on that little board.

The guy who did this is obviously a hydroquip guy. He's probably your best bet for finding that plastic adapter or new sensor.

Wooo!.. no wonder my brain hurt. To the OP as for being "tethered" to the installer...that's a good thing. The person that made this all work knows what they are doing. The sensor issue is likely the one thing that will cause you grief going forward. Everything else is somewhat straight forward and fixable...lol.

Good Job @RDspaguy

Would still like to know more about the magic black box.

2 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Wooo!.. no wonder my brain hurt. To the OP as for being "tethered" to the installer...that's a good thing. The person that made this all work knows what they are doing. The sensor issue is likely the one thing that will cause you grief going forward. Everything else is somewhat straight forward and fixable...lol.

Good Job @RDspaguy

Would still like to know more about the magic black box.

Okay, thanks guys! I will let you know what they say when they call me back. I'll try to get a little more info on the black box.  But the thing that still bothers me, if i paid $1500 to fix this (new spa pack, heater and top control parts only cost $1100, the balance was labor) why didn't they get something that worked in harmony with everything already there and didn't require custom sensors and an additional black box?  It just seems like they put in after market parts to save money instead of putting in the correct parts but charged me the same as if the correct parts were installed.   Am i going to far thinking that?

Have a great week guys and thanks so much for your help! I'll give an update on what I find out. Thanks!

That's not a bad price. Hot springs has a pretty small equipment area and it can be tough to get a different heater in there. The heater from balboa won't work on a low flow circ pump and 3/4" plumbing. So some sort of adaptation had to be made, either to the controls or the plumbing. New hot springs controls would have been quite a bit more than the balboa.