Quality Brands Of Hot Tubs

hoopy

Meanwhile you hide behind the name "spatech (the unreal one)," which implies what exactly? Unlike many professionals who post on message boards relating to their industry, you guys are not honest with us readers as to who you actually are, your relationship to what specific spa company is or what other credentials you have. I understand that is not a requirement, but it certainly would give a resemblence to your information as being reliable. By comparison, I see that Jim has posted his name/hometown and a even a personal photo in his avatar which to me speaks volumes as to his credibility. Although I may not agree fully with his ideas, his opinion I found to be noteworthy as he is honest about himself first. Now that he has unfortunately left, hopefully another REAL Spa Professional can step in and fill his vacancy.

You are either another of Jim's disciples that he sends to pretend to be independent or you truly are new and simply do not know of what you speak. Either way, Jim has promised to leave so maybe this board can get back to being here merely to help others. If you have issue with anyhting I post then that is unfoirtunate but I won't be too upset about it.

Stick around and join in, it'll be very good source if he is truly leaving. As to who I am, there are many very good people here who sell certain spas or own certain spas but I I prefer to keep both anonymity and independence. You won't see me tell you that I think you should buy spa "X" and I prefer it that way as I in fact am tied to more than one brand in one way or another.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After coming to this board to learn more on the subject of spas and enter into a fair discussion on methods of spa maintenance and repair, I have found this board quite disappointing. I had looked forward to reading many questions and replies in an open debate forum that might advance my knowledge base. What I found here though is a motley crew of competing spa professionals who act like freaking babies. It is my observation that you and a handful of others with relations to this industry seem to be highly emotionally charged about any and all statements made by one poster, Jim.

Meanwhile you hide behind the name "spatech (the unreal one)," which implies what exactly? Unlike many professionals who post on message boards relating to their industry, you guys are not honest with us readers as to who you actually are, your relationship to what specific spa company is or what other credentials you have. I understand that is not a requirement, but it certainly would give a resemblence to your information as being reliable. By comparison, I see that Jim has posted his name/hometown and a even a personal photo in his avatar which to me speaks volumes as to his credibility. Although I may not agree fully with his ideas, his opinion I found to be noteworthy as he is honest about himself first. Now that he has unfortunately left, hopefully another REAL Spa Professional can step in and fill his vacancy.

Jim already told us that Andy was a happy H####n owner. and as he stated they are the smartest people around. I would not care what brand anyone owns that hangs around this board and helps people. And a fair open discussion is always good for us all. Now a discusion where we are all wrong and only Jim and H####n owners are right is not a good discusion it is one sided and opinionated. Believe it or not Jim and H####N owners there are other ways to do things other than yours. we have never said that your way of designing and building tubs is wrong, quit the contrary we have said it is one of a few feasable ways to design and build Hot Tubs. But only one of a few that work and work just as good.

And if a H####n owner needed advice and help with there tub it would come from me just as it has for any brand, after all I have worked on a few Phoenix tubs, they seem to be pretty much the same inside as most other brands.

Between schedule medications, lil Jimmy writes:

Roger, there is nothing wrong with me. I have a right to speak my mind and tell the truth. What makes you think you are superior in anyway to me? I certainly don't think I am superior to anything. If anthing I have learned from God, is that I am a speck of dust on the sky of infinity.

...Meanwhile, back on Earth:

There most certainly is something wrong with you. Try doubleing your dosage.

Andy wrote: “After coming to this board to learn more on the subject of spas and enter into a fair discussion on methods of spa maintenance and repair, I have found this board quite disappointing.”

Get rid of Jim and this board won’t be disappointing. He is a cancer and ruins everything. You definitely don’t see this happening on boards in which he is banned.

Andy wrote: “I had looked forward to reading many questions and replies in an open debate forum that might advance my knowledge base.”

Unfortunately, you will not get your questions and replies answered as well as other forums due to the presence of Jim. If he is gone all will be tranquil.

“What I found here though is a motley crew of competing spa professionals who act like freaking babies.”

Andy wrote: “It is my observation that you and a handful of others with relations to this industry seem to be highly emotionally charged about any and all statements made by one poster, Jim.”

We all have our opinions and all share the same one about Jim. Most of our statements are emotionally charged when discussing Jim.

Andy wrote: “Meanwhile you hide behind the name "spatech (the unreal one)," which implies what exactly?”

Unfortunately for you, Andy, TUO is one of the most professional members of this forum. Read his posts on this forum, whatsthebest, and rhtubs. You may actually learn something from his knowledge. I know I have.

Andy wrote: “Unlike many professionals who post on message boards relating to their industry, you guys are not honest with us readers as to who you actually are, your relationship to what specific spa company is or what other credentials you have.”

Unfortunately, the spa industry doesn’t have professional designations like accountants. It would be nice, but generally isn’t necessary. Typically in this industry longevity makes you knowledgeable.

Andy wrote: “I understand that is not a requirement, but it certainly would give a resemblence to your information as being reliable.”

You spelled resemblance wrong.

Andy wrote: “By comparison, I see that Jim has posted his name/hometown and a even a personal photo in his avatar which to me speaks volumes as to his credibility. Although I may not agree fully with his ideas, his opinion I found to be noteworthy as he is honest about himself first.”

Do a search of his name on the PACER network. You may find out a lot about his credibility and honesty.

Andy wrote: "Now that he has unfortunately left, hopefully another REAL Spa Professional can step in and fill his vacancy."

You and Jim are the only ones that think it is unfortunate that he left. This board is better without him. However, he will still be around Private Messaging unsuspecting consumers about his product.

Was thinking the same thing myself Roger. You all ready for this nice storm we are about to get? Alberta Clipper meets Colorado Low right over Minnesota (you guys) and picks up as it heads across the lake to T.Bay (us guys). Yay, i need a snowblower, this shovel is killing my back (especially now that i have to keep a path to the tub shovelled, and the deck area). I shoulda kept my mouth shut when i said we have been spoiled with nice weather this year so far. I'm zipping it up now.

Was thinking the same thing myself Roger. You all ready for this nice storm we are about to get? Alberta Clipper meets Colorado Low right over Minnesota (you guys) and picks up as it heads across the lake to T.Bay (us guys). Yay, i need a snowblower, this shovel is killing my back (especially now that i have to keep a path to the tub shovelled, and the deck area). I shoulda kept my mouth shut when i said we have been spoiled with nice weather this year so far. I'm zipping it up now.

I got a new blade for my truck this fall. A prototype from a company in Michagan (Blizzard) Its called the speed wing which has mechanical wings instead of hydraulic. Seems to be working fine just wish it went up a bit higher so far as the banks are already getting kinda high. Seems a few inches has turned into 6 yeasterday about 10 more over night and it is still snowing now. I hope school is closed again today so my boys have the day to clear the decks, then when I get home in my nice warm truck I only have the drive to do.

I may have a snowblower for sale...LOL

3:30 in the morning here and I am out the door to plow once again, third time in a day and a half. Plowing snow is like a game for big boys. Gota be carefull not to hit nothing though. Funny, when I plowed snow commercialy I hated getting up early and working 10-12 hours moving the crap around. But now the few drivways and at our work that I do it's kinda fun.

I have one son who is now driving his second winter and he bought himself a 4x4 truck. So he's out playing around like a good kid seeing if he can get stuck. Then I have another sone who drives a 94 buick Century and this is his first winter driving so it's a bit nerve wracking. But they are both complaining about the other drivers not knowing how to drive in this stuff already, like father like son. I practiced in slippery conditions with them alot. Last year I let my youngest drive around on a frozen lake to get a feel for slippery conditions, he had a ball and I believe learned alot.

You knew deep down that if you said anything about the mild winter it would scold you for it, and it has. Below 0 temps all week next week also. Not spose to stop snowing till sunday.

From quality brands of hot tubs to snow plows. I guess this string is definitely off topic now, and seems to be closed . . . thank God, no more arguements in here. Enjoy the snow and make sure those kids get that deck cleared so you can access your tub (mine aren't old enough yet, and i still shovel . . . don't mind the excersise though). Have a good one, Merry Christmas too all (am i still allowed to say that with all the politics involving religion nowadays? Well, too bad, if it wasn't for christianity, there'd be no Christmas . . . So MERRY CHRISTMAS!).

• 2 months later...

Ok, from all this reading, here is what I have come up with (and please correct me if I am wrong.) Small things that I shouldn't worry about are things like FF vs. TP insulation and circ pump vs. no circ. pump. Big things to make sure I worry about include reputable dealer, warrenty of brand, price (of course), and most important, results of wet test. Am I missing anthing as far as small things that I shouldn't worry about or big things that I should?

Just because some people have a few negative things to say about some things in a Spa doesn't mean it's true about all spas with those features Ozone sytems are great in my experience I have cut down my chemicals by at least 80% saves me alot of time and money. with a reputable company you know your getting quality parts and products with a company to back it up.

Just remember it's always better to go for the mid range prices and up when comparing and shopping not the cheapest ones. There are alot of very good Spas out there, I personally have heard great things about Hot springs, marquis, bull frog, sundance and Caldera spas. Alot more good than bad. I sell Caldera spas and have alot of very very satisfied customers. Everycompay is going to have to deal with a few broken spas every now and then. The warranty takes care of the rest.

If your choice is Hot Spring or Marquis, go with the Marquis spas. Much better company.

Hot Springs is a great line of spas made by Watkins. So next time u want to give advice Jim just say you prefer Marquis don't lie about them being better than Hot Springs. Marquis is good by the way for all you Marquis fans out there. and no I'm not a Hot Springs dealer nor do I know anyone who sells them I have done alot of research.

• 3 weeks later...

Hot Springs is a great line of spas made by Watkins. So next time u want to give advice Jim just say you prefer Marquis don't lie about them being better than Hot Springs. Marquis is good by the way for all you Marquis fans out there. and no I'm not a Hot Springs dealer nor do I know anyone who sells them I have done alot of research.

I would go with Hotsprings rather than Marquis anyday

He already had Arctic in there and since he has to vote along party lines it had to be another thermopane spa so it sounded like Catalina by default. Picking D1, HS, Sundance, etc. would cause his sales presentation note cards to spontaneuosly combust.

Oh I see. He could of at least picked a brand that you can get a copy of the warranty on.

Oh I see. He could of at least picked a brand that you can get a copy of the warranty on.

Don't get me wrong, my limited experience, a top 5 is difficult. But as a plumber/repair guy some seem easier to fix and have less repairs than others. There's so many that could be possible top 5's that a top 15 may be better because in my opinion there are at the minumum 15 top brands that are worthy. And some of these are going to be included because of there value at a lessor price. Great Lakes for instance, mine is 5 years old with nary a problem and still going strong. If it last's 10 years for 4 grand I can get 2 for 8 grand to make 20 years. I am not to sure theres to many 8 grand spa's that will last 20 years, 15 but 20? And my 4 grand may last 12 years with minumal trouble. Now if they changed GL like I heard they are, and it's not for the better, I may have to change my thinking. There's others also, Nordic, PDC to name a couple.

Don't get me wrong, my limited experience, a top 5 is difficult. But as a plumber/repair guy some seem easier to fix and have less repairs than others. There's so many that could be possible top 5's that a top 15 may be better because in my opinion there are at the minumum 15 top brands that are worthy. And some of these are going to be included because of there value at a lessor price. Great Lakes for instance, mine is 5 years old with nary a problem and still going strong. If it last's 10 years for 4 grand I can get 2 for 8 grand to make 20 years. I am not to sure theres to many 8 grand spa's that will last 20 years, 15 but 20? And my 4 grand may last 12 years with minumal trouble. Now if they changed GL like I heard they are, and it's not for the better, I may have to change my thinking. There's others also, Nordic, PDC to name a couple.

Yeah thats a good point

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness this seems to have gotten back on track. THere was far too much time wasted on the Jim issue. In my opinion someone can only hijack a thread if allowed to. Not responding and getting into arguements, and just sticking to the topic would be more effective. I am very interested in the discussion about the different tubs/spas and am learning quite a bit. Thank you for all the info.

First of all I am a spa user, consumer and not a self professed spa expert by any means. I thought I would post just to offer my thoughts and opinions which are just that. I have been looking at spas very closely the last few months to purchase, weighing the options between the different manufacturers, designs and features. I have been pretty impressed with Marquis, Clearwater, Hot Springs, Sundance and Arctic. Actually despite all the bad reports I have have read in here I really liked the wet test in the Coleman 481X with the large corner seat. I failed to see the quality problems and air gap leakage in the insulation as is mentioned in here frequently. Clearwater and Coleman look very similar to me in design, quality and construction, although the Clearwater has twice the jet count. In my opinion I can't imagine any tub insulation design would be better than a full foam insulated unit, but the more expensive built thermopane look decent to me as well. I also found the Marquis Epic and Clearwater 9100 to be incredible in the wet testers for me as well. These tubs are sized for larger framed people like myself and seemed to give a great deep massage, especially the Clearwater 9100. After looking closely for last three months, seems to me in most cases you need to be able to spend about 8-10K for a decent name brand spa that can accomodate 5-7 people. My totally non-professional rankings would be Clearwater, Marquis, Hot Springs, Coleman and Sundance. In all fairness to Arctic, I need to wet test a Kodiak Legend Ultra before I pass judgement, the signature series just didn't have enough jets to give an invigorating massage during my wet test. My two cents from a consumer/future spa buyer. I would feel comfortable with stating that all the brands mentioned above as being "quality brands of spas" (in my humble opinion of course).