Jacuzzi type of filters in the J-3XXX Series

johntuinals

I have a Jacuzzi J355 that I bought in 2004 (16 years old}

Question about Filters being used,All the filters that I have used were Jacuzzi or Jacuzzi type of filters and all were screwed on and tightened at the top.

But the Newer Filters have the Tops coming off,Just wondering should I just keep useing the older type of filters?Or does it not matter to use the filters with the Top coming off?

Just afraid useing the Newer filters that I might get a Flow Problem and air getting into the hot  tub.Thanks JT

@RDspaguy

https://www.hottubsupplystore.com/j-300-collection-filter/

"Since this is an OEM 6000-383a filter it comes manufactured with a removable twist cap that is designed to accept a"... (and they don't say...lol) but I'm going to say a Nature 2 mineral stick thingy

21 hours ago, johntuinals said:

Or does it not matter to use the filters with the Top coming off?

Just afraid useing the Newer filters that I might get a Flow Problem and air getting into the hot  tub.Thanks JT

No worries mate. As long as the water level is above the filters. 

I think the Newer Jacuzzi J3XX series come with a removable twist cap on top of the filters.

I have been buying Jacuzzi and other off brands of the filters with the NON removable twist cap.

Just wondering if the twist caps will do any harm being off?(afraid of getting a Flow Problem with air getting in without the top being on}

Thats what I thought it does not matter until the repair tech saying its best to have a NON removable top......JT