Buying new and need help

WeRnew2spas

Buying a new spa and trying to decide which model.  Using it for relaxation and for therapy, as I have back and sciatica issues and my husband has past rotator cuff issues...plus he will use it after his marathons and/or triathlons. 

Model 1: Cal Spas Patio Collection:   Pacifica PPZ 732L  for $6,788. 

Model 2: Cal Spas Escape Series:           Costa EC 767L for $8,995

At first glance, the cheaper one, model 1, would suffice. The question is would we regret not getting the spa with more jets and a second motor in the long run? Are Velocity jets in the more expensive one better than the Candy Cane Jets is the cheaper one?

Is spending a little over 2k more for the  Costa worth it?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Do you have any other local options?  Cal Spas isn't going to get a lot of love anywhere other than from them and their dealers.  I regretfully sold Cal years ago and while not the worst spas out there, I would NEVER sell them again.  Company support was horrible which made it impossible to continue and take care of the customer after the sale which is why the company I worked for dropped them.  Quality wasn't great either.  Didn't necessarily show up right away but as the hot tubs aged was when the lack of quality showed.

If you are set on Cal then I would go with the cheaper option.  Generally the simpler the hot tub Cal offers the likely better longevity with less issues.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Don't hold back, @castletonia! Tell us how you REALLY feel! 🤣 Gold star for you, buddy!

I have a special place in my heart filled with dislike for Cal Spas.  In my opinion it is best to go lower end with Cal.  The less stuff that can fail, the less proprietary stuff (dually motor) the better.  My big issue is how they treat dealers.  Good luck trying to get anything covered under warranty.  As a dealer you can only financially tolerate it for so long before you throw in the white towel and drop.  At that point, the dealer has to make a decision: either take on the financing burden of covering warranty costs out of their own pocket or pass it along to their customers.  Either way, lose lose for a dealer which will ultimately be a lose for the customer.

Oh, I agree. I worked for a cal dealer who dropped them. Never saw a single warranty claim get paid by cal. The boss was pretty ethical and had a successful plumbing supply business to help cover the costs of honoring the warranty even though cal would not. He switched to Jacuzzi Premium, and sells them still as far as I know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...